Sherdog Official Rankings / P4P / WMMA P4P

#1 is retired, #2 is unofficially retired, #3 is retired.

How is Reyes at #5 when he hasn't won a fight since 2019 but Nemkov who is on an amazing win streak and is champ is #7? Do you guys smoke crack before making these rankings? Oh yeah, you are in the pocket of the ufc so you don't lose your credentials again.

I think the divisional rankings are better than the P4P, which is too top heavy with retired/inactive fighters.

Also, Lima should be higher than 6 at WW imo.

Lol at Till being ranked over Moose

What has Till done at MW? Won a split over Kelvin who is 1-4 in his last 5 and lost to Rob LMAO

Worst rankings I've ever seen in my life. Just terrible

Sherdog doesn't even try, they might as well have an avatar of the people who make these rankings giving dana a bj as he laughs at what pathetic simps they are.

I appreciate the hard work of the Sherdog staff, but dude... a couple of these are pretty hard to swallow, and LHW is downright offensive.

Every org should be listed IMO after fighters' names

Omg Middleweight too.
Romero is wayyyy too high. Mousasi way too low. How could Hermansson, Till, and Cannonier possibly be above him? And no Anatoly Tokov? Really? He’s on a 5-fight streak and has won 22 of his last 23.

I appreciate the hard work of the Sherdog staff, but dude... a couple of these are pretty hard to swallow, and LHW is downright offensive.

The LW division is worse.

Khabib is 1, officially retired. Fine 18 months rule I guess. But then how the fuck is Chandler ranked 7th while Tony Ferguson on an 0-2 skid of getting fucking destroyed is ranked 5th and Gaethje is still ranked 3rd.

While McGregor is completely unranked. The reasoning before was inactivity and some people will agree with him being unranked, but what the fuck? What are the rankings based on then? Obviously McGregor is a top 10 LW in the world even if you hate him. He's not even listed in the "other contenders" yet Paul Felder and Thiago Moises are

Red ALERT edit: Where is Demetrious Johnson? I noticed this a month ago in the rankings too. He's just not listed at 125 at all? And then I check 135, in case he was there I guess. Nope.{<huh}

The LW division is worse.

Khabib is 1, officially retired. Fine 18 months rule I guess. But then how the fuck is Chandler ranked 7th while Tony Ferguson on an 0-2 skid of getting fucking destroyed is ranked 5th and Gaethje is still ranked 3rd.

While McGregor is completely unranked. The reasoning before was inactivity and some people will agree with him being unranked, but what the fuck? What are the rankings based on then? Obviously McGregor is a top 10 LW in the world even if you hate him. He's not even listed in the "other contenders" yet Paul Felder and Thiago Moises are
Some of this stuff is inexplicable. I mean, I feel bad for the staff here cuz they work their ass off, and they’ll never make everyone happy with rankings. But geeeeez. Some of these are bad.

Some of this stuff is inexplicable. I mean, I feel bad for the staff here cuz they work their ass off, and they’ll never make everyone happy with rankings. But geeeeez. Some of these are bad.

It's not personal, but obviously the rankings are horrendous when Demetrious Johnson and McGregor are both just absent.

People hate McGregor, everyone knows the story here, but he's not a top 10 LW? Not even top 15? That's what these rankings are saying. The excuse before was activity, well he just fought at actual 155.

Demetrious Johnson is not even ranked. I'm just bewildered on that one.

It's not personal, but obviously the rankings are horrendous when Demetrious Johnson and McGregor are both just absent.

People hate McGregor, everyone knows the story here, but he's not a top 10 LW? Not even top 15? That's what these rankings are saying. The excuse before was activity, well he just fought at actual 155.

Demetrious Johnson is not even ranked. I'm just bewildered on that one.
Demetrious missing is bizarre. McGregor is tougher though. His last win at 155 was 5 years ago. His win over Cowboy was at 170, as was his “win” over Nate. He’s only fought at 155 recently twice, and he lost both. Talent-wise he’s for sure Top 15 and probably lower Top 10. But how do we rank him above the 10 guys listed there? What has he done to justify it?

Demetrious missing is bizarre. McGregor is tougher though. His last win at 155 was 5 years ago. His win over Cowboy was at 170, as was his “win” over Nate. He’s only fought at 155 recently twice, and he lost both. Talent-wise he’s for sure Top 15 and probably lower Top 10. But how do we rank him above the 10 guys listed there? What has he done to justify it?

He fights at 155 and he's better than probably everyone but 3-5 people in the world in the division? I think it's that simple.

He's not very active, no. But the Cowboy fight was a glorified 155lb fight without a weight-cut. And he just fought Porier who I think most people would agree is #1 in the division now that Khabib is gone (and he's still ranked here).

I guess I personally don't care as much about Dariush beating unranked and fringe top 15 guys vs the inactivity. Regardless, it doesn't matter. The bar is set to 18 months of inactivity/activity as stated above. And I'm also asking why is he not even listed when guys such as PAUL FELDER as listed as just outside top 10. It makes no sense.

On Mighty Mouse, it has to be a "oops forgot him" but he hasn't been listed for awhile there either. No fucking clue on that. Maybe it's the "18 months" activity thing, and then he lost? But it's still just a stupid criteria if that's the case. It's illogical and goofy.

Losing to the best in the world shouldn't mean you get ZERO CREDIT and stay unranked or should be unranked. If that were the case then bump Gaethje and Ferguson down to unranked too. It's just a dumb criteria.

In example: I believe how their rankings "criteria" works, if Jon Jones takes 18 months to get to HW then hypothetically loses in any fashion to Ngannou. He SHOULD be ranked nothing in every division. Because that is what Mighty Mouse and McGregor both see. Jon Jones is currently LHW #1 too. It's been 14 months since he fought. Him going from arguably the GOAT and arguably #1 "p4p" to unranked across the board is ...laughable.

He fights at 155 and he's better than probably everyone but 3-5 people in the world in the division? I think it's that simple.

He's not very active, no. But the Cowboy fight was a glorified 155lb fight without a weight-cut. And he just fought Porier who I think most people would agree is #1 in the division now that Khabib is gone (and he's still ranked here).

I guess I personally don't care as much about Dariush beating unranked and fringe top 15 guys vs the inactivity. Regardless, it doesn't matter. The bar is set to 18 months of inactivity/activity as stated above. And I'm also asking why is he not even listed when guys such as PAUL FELDER as listed as just outside top 10. It makes no sense.

On Mighty Mouse, it has to be a "oops forgot him" but he hasn't been listed for awhile there either. No fucking clue on that. Maybe it's the "18 months" activity thing, and then he lost? But it's still just a stupid criteria if that's the case. It's illogical and goofy.

Losing to the best in the world shouldn't mean you get ZERO CREDIT and stay unranked or should be unranked. If that were the case then bump Gaethje and Ferguson down to unranked too. It's just a dumb criteria.

In example: I believe how their rankings "criteria" works, if Jon Jones takes 18 months to get to HW then hypothetically loses in any fashion to Ngannou. He SHOULD be ranked nothing in every division. Because that is what Mighty Mouse and McGregor both see. Jon Jones is currently LHW #1 too. It's been 14 months since he fought. Him going from arguably the GOAT and arguably #1 "p4p" to unranked across the board is ...laughable.
But you can’t rank guys based on who you think they’d beat. You rank them based on who they’ve actually beaten. I agree that the Cowboy fight, and the fights with Nate, are really LWs fighting without cutting weight. But you can’t rank someone at 155 because of that. Ferguson and Gaethje may have lost recently, but they have other wins at 155. Conor doesn’t, at least not in the last 5 years.
I agree that Mouse should be there somewhere. He wasn’t inactive 18 months. I’m guessing it’s because his last few wins weren’t big names? I dunno.

Back