SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 36 movie!

Cycle 2 / Week 10: Pick the vampire movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm I have all of these movies downloaded and I've seen Bram Stoker's Dracula, which I thought was horrible, but I loved Let The Right One In and I've heard good things about Thirst and Near Dark

I think I'm gonna vote Thirst

Too late, bro.

Cool. I thought you called me to the thread to vote? Which movie won?

Cool. I thought you called me to the thread to vote? Which movie won?

I did, a few hours before the poll closed. With something like three hours left, we only had 7 votes.

And I'm about to post the results.

If I like your post I'll tell you I like your post. I find social media abhorrent. It has produced an entire generation of people that don't appear to have a thought in their heads. If its more than 150 characters they type tl/dr and move on and if they like something they hit like and zoom to the next thing. I find it to be cancerous. So now I'm going to tell you a story that appears unrelated because that's how I roll.

When I was in college one of my English professors had us write hand written letters to people of our choice, using our best penmanship and grammar. She told a story, now mind you this was the late 1980's, about how the hand written letter is a lost art form. That was a quarter century ago and it really is lost now. And yes, if you want me to reveal something about myself, while society slams on their cell phones emailing and texting in 50 character increments like mad dogs, I still write hand written letters to important people in my life every year, written on high quality stationary as if I'm Ben fuckin Franklin.

People think its quaint and cute but I've been told they keep the letters and that my friend is pure gold.

Interesting.

I actually have been thinking of signing up on one of the many penpal sites where people still do written letters for the reason that you mentioned, that it seems the art of letter writing is dying out. Plus, it just sounds like fun.

Regarding Likes though, I don't really see a problem. There are plenty of posts where I read them and appreciate them but I don't have anything else to offer. So I'm glad I can like them instead of having to quote and say something like, "Cool, good post," which just seems like post-whoring.

Though it's actually only seven votes

Once again I confused that scoundrel "I am legion" with our honorable member of high repute "In the Name of".:confused:

They should have consulted me before picking names that are so similar to a dyslexic.

Regarding Likes though, I don't really see a problem. There are plenty of posts where I read them and appreciate them but I don't have anything else to offer. So I'm glad I can like them instead of having to quote and say something like, "Cool, good post," which just seems like post-whoring.

Agree.

Actually counting "likes" seems a bit redundant though.

Thirst for me too

I've heard good things about Park Chan-wook, but I'll go with Dracula on this one.

Dracula but now I'm regretting I didn't include this Vampire flick.

blacula_poster_02-1024x8051.jpg

Back