SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 36 movie!

Cycle 2 / Week 10: Pick the vampire movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

Guestx

NOTE to NON-MEMBERS: Confused about what's going on in here? See the following thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/could-a-sherdog-movie-watching-club-work.3237221/

@MusterX is the king this go around and we have a theme! It's VAMPIRE WEEK! Fucking people turning into bats and shit!

Here are our candidates!

Near Dark (1987)

Director: Kathryn Bigelow

Stars: Adrian Pasdar, Jenny Wright, Lance Henriksen

Premise: A small-town farmer's son reluctantly joins a traveling group of vampires after he is turned by a beautiful drifter.

Why @MusterX picked it: Bill Paxton as a vampire, what more do I need to say?

Trailer:

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

Director: Francis Ford Coppola

Stars: Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, Anthony Hopkins

Premise: The vampire comes to England to seduce a visitor's fiancée and inflict havoc in the foreign land.

Why @MusterX picked it: Gary Oldman exuded evil in his rendition of Dracula.

Trailer:

Let The Right One In (2008)

Director: Tomas Alfredson

Stars: Kåre Hedebrant, Lina Leandersson, Per Ragnar

Premise: Oskar, an overlooked and bullied boy, finds love and revenge through Eli, a beautiful but peculiar girl.

Why @MusterX picked it: If you haven't seen this yet, then do yourself a favor and vote for it. Its the best vampire film I've seen in the last decade.

Trailer:

Thirst (2009)

Director: Park Chan-wook

Stars: Kang-ho Song, Ok-bin Kim, Hae-suk Kim

Premise: Through a failed medical experiment, a priest is stricken with vampirism and is forced to abandon his ascetic ways.

Why @MusterX picked it: A story about a priest that becomes a vampire.

Trailer:

7wGeEM5.jpg

Members: @shadow_priest_x @europe1 @EL CORINTHIAN @HUNTERMANIA @iThrillhouse @DaDamn @chickenluver @jeicex @MusterX @BeardotheWeirdo @Caveat @In The Name Of @Coolthulu @Werdun @AndersonsFoot

You got my PM, I presume.

I never did hear back from you.
I did. It was an atrocious decision but what can I do. These days I usually just save up films and splurge over a day or two where i'm free, too hard to get it in weekly unless its a film im REALLY interested in

Now vote for Near Dark, I would hate for you to be a pussy

I did. It was an atrocious decision but what can I do. These days I usually just save up films and splurge over a day or two where i'm free, too hard to get it in weekly unless its a film im REALLY interested in

Now vote for Near Dark, I would hate for you to be a pussy

Well as I said, you are always welcome to join in on the discussions whenever you feel compelled to do so. I'm still waiting for your take on Spring Breakers.

As for my vote, the film I voted for is a film that I've been meaning to watch for over 20 years. This seems like as good of time as any.

Seen all the films.

Voting the film it was the longest time since I saw.

Fortuitously it was the film that I most wanted to see as well!

Well as I said, you are always welcome to join in on the discussions whenever you feel compelled to do so. I'm still waiting for your take on Spring Breakers.

As for my vote, the film I voted for is a film that I've been meaning to watch for over 20 years. This seems like as good of time as any.
Yeah ill up that thread when I get around to Spring Breakers. Probably will be soon when screeners haven't leaked (yet) this year

That basically narrows it down to two choices, and it better not be fucking Dracula

Yeah ill up that thread when I get around to Spring Breakers. Probably will be soon when screeners haven't leaked (yet) this year

That basically narrows it down to two choices, and it better not be fucking Dracula

You know you can see what what everyone voted for, right?

You hated on Neon Demon and voted for Dracula over Near Dark in the same day. All good will earned by loving Cemetery Man has been lost

1. Don't talk about what people voted for/should be voting for. It's against the rules and makes you look impudent.

2. Since you've already broached the subject. Take another gander at what I was voting for.

1. Don't talk about what people voted for/should be voting for. It's against the rules and makes you look impudent.

2. Since you've already broached the subject. Take another gander at what I was voting for.
shhh that post never happened but since you replied......

Ill talk about whatever the fuck I want quit crying like a little bitch

@jeicex can we have Joseph Budden's postings deleted from this thread? He's not a member and his posts only drag down the quality of the discussion and go against set regulations.

@jeicex can we have Joseph Budden's postings deleted from the thread? He's not a member and his posts only drag down the quality of the discussion and go against set regulations.
waaaaaahhhh keep crying europe. You come off like the biggest pussy ever. I want people to see Near Dark, shame on me!!!

Back