SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 35 movie!

Cycle 2 / Week 9: Pick the Guy Pearce movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Little bit late but I wote la confidential

Proposition

Bu virtue of me not having seem it.

But LA Confidential does have many interesting ticks to talk about.

LA Confidential has some catching up to do if it's going to win.

Heard of it, but never seen it. So if it gets voted in, we do this together.

It seems a fairly basic yarn, but beautifully shot and somewhat captivating in its useof imagery over dialogue to a subtle degree.

The performances app deliver, and the end is worth the investment.

It seems a fairly basic yarn, but beautifully shot and somewhat captivating in its useof imagery over dialogue to a subtle degree.

The performances app deliver, and the end is worth the investment.

I have to confess, I actually started it once several months ago. Got about 15 minutes in and for whatever reason just wasn't feeling it and moved on to something else.

But I enjoy Westerns (even though I guess this is technically an Australian) and I've heard enough good things about it that I'm looking forward to giving it another shot.

I have to confess, I actually started it once several months ago. Got about 15 minutes in and for whatever reason just wasn't feeling it and moved on to something else.

But I enjoy Westerns (even though I guess this is technically an Australian) and I've heard enough good things about it that I'm looking forward to giving it another shot.

It's slow. I'm a huge fan of great wide angle cinematography, so I enjoyed that, plus it has a strong, harsh depiction of life in that time.

Easily one of the best westerns I've seen in the past five years at least, if not the best.

Past five years? Yeah, I'm sure I'd agree with that. If there's been a better one then I'm not aware of it.

It's not often that I watch movies twice within the span of a week, but that's one I did.

Easily one of the best westerns I've seen in the past five years at least, if not the best.

That's an easy achievement, given the competition. There hasn't been another decent western in that time.

The Salvation was.. entertaining, and not awful, by direct-to-video standards. Even in the past 10 years, the only other decent ones were maybe Appaloosa or Train to Yuma (which was just homogenous Hollywood tripe).

Past five years? Yeah, I'm sure I'd agree with that. If there's been a better one then I'm not aware of it.
Only other ones of note I can think of include Django Unchained, The Revenant, and the True Grit remake which was like 6 years ago.

Maybe the best I've ever seen myself. I'm a horror fan so that's probably why. It and . . . Appaloosa are probably my faves of all time.

Just saw your last post, with The Revenant being in the mix as well.

That's an easy achievement, given the competition. There hasn't been another decent western in that time.

The Salvation was.. entertaining, and not awful, by direct-to-video standards. Even in the past 10 years, the only other decent ones were maybe Appaloosa or Train to Yuma (which was just homogenous Hollywood tripe).

Appaloosa was the best of that bunch. Throw in True Grit too.

A decent one that rarely gets mention was Seraphim Falls. IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back