SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 260 movie!

Let's pick the Week 260 movie!

• TREASURE ISLAND (1934)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

europe1

It´s a nice peninsula to Asia
@Steel
Reaction score
NOTE to NON-MEMBERS: Interested in joining the SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB? Shoot me a PM for more info!

Here's a quick list of all movies watched by the SMC. Or if you prefer, here's a more detailed examination.

58flth.jpg

Yes people. Dirt Road Soldier has done something unprecedented in this club's history. He's Nominated four versions of the same film! The madness! And he didn't even Nominate Muppet's Treasure Island! (let's be honest It'd have won by a landslide anyhow)

In his own words:
Avast, ye swabs! Do ye like pirates? Of course ye do! Wait, you don't? Well, to the depths with ya! Because this week, we WILL watch one of the most famous pirate stories ever put to film....

Links will also be provided to all versions to those who want to watch them online

Candidates:

TREASURE ISLAND (1990)

MV5BZjEzZmVhOGEtNTMxMy00YmE4LTk1YzQtMjcxMWI1ZDc2MWJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Fraser C. Heston

Stars: Charlton Heston, Tiny Christian Bale, Oliver Reed, Christopher Lee

Premise: The treasure seeking adventures of young Jim Hawkins and pirate Captain Long John Silver.

TREASURE ISLAND (1999)

MV5BMTQ3MzYzMDMyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzA5MjUyMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR92,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Peter Rowe

Stars: Sarah Holland, Pax Lohan, Anthony Booth

Premise: An adaptation of the Robert Lewis Stevenson adventure classic, in which a young boy sets off on a voyage armed with a map to buried treasure.

TREASURE ISLAND (1972)

MV5BYzdjM2I3ZTQtMzY3YS00ZTg1LWE1MDktMmQ2NGJjMmU2NTU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: John Hough, Andrea Bianchi

Stars: Orson Welles, Kim Burfield, Lionel Stander

Premise: Young Jim Hawkins has an unforgettable encounter with pirate Captain Long John Silver and his murderous mates.

TREASURE ISLAND (1934)

MV5BZWNkZWFiMGUtNTU5OS00MmVkLTg1MTctMDk5MjRjYmU1YTkwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Victor Fleming

Stars: Wallace Beery, Jackie Cooper, Lionel Barrymore

Premise: Young Jim Hawkins is torn between his loyalty to his benefactors and his affection for lovable rogue Long John Silver in their struggle to recover a buried pirate treasure.

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @JayPettryMMA @Yotsuya @HARRISON_3 @Bubzeh @the ambush @HenryFlower @Zer @Dirt Road Soldier @DoctorDeelon

I feel 99% sure that I know which the best version of Treasure Island is but I'm not going to vote for it since I've already seen it

skeleton-sunbathe_rec_image

0 love for the OG version? Dayum, I thought it would get a pity vote at least.

But I'm thankful, as the kid in that movie is ungodly annoying.

Oh! And next week is the next Battle Royale round (Yes, Already!) So I'll start sending out PM's over this weekend!

Back