europe1

It´s a nice peninsula to Asia
@Steel
Reaction score
Sherdog Movie Club Battle Royale Week!

305273.jpg

Rules:

1: Every member has 3 votes!

2: You are NOT allowed to vote for your own Nomination!

3: 12 picks in total!

Our candidates!

The Endless (2018)

MV5BNjA5OTI1MjgwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU2NzY2NDM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @MusterX

Director: Justin Benson, Aaron Moorhead

Premise: As kids, they escaped a UFO death cult. Now, two adult brothers seek answers after an old videotape surfaces and brings them back to where they began.

Pusher II (2004)

da0894a77ae453c2a3c1c8f7c39960e6-pusher-thrillers.jpg

Nominated by: @Zer

Director: The Refn

Premise: Tony is released from prison - again. This time he has his mind set on changing his broken down life, but that is easier said than done.

Mirror (1975)

The_Mirror_%281975_film%29.png

Nominated by: @HenryFlower

Director: Andrei Tarkovsky

Premise: A dying man in his forties remembers his past. His childhood, his mother, the war, personal moments and things that tell of the recent history of all the Russian nation.

Eeason: the greatest film of all time. enough said.

Sushi Girl (2012)

MV5BMTU5MTk2MjE5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM3NzM1OA@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @jei

Director: Kern Saxton

Premise: Upon his release from prison, Fish is brought to an abandoned restaurant by his old associate, Duke, to celebrate his newfound freedom. However, there's unfinished business that Duke is determined to solve.

Reason for Nominating: Almost primarily straight to video other than appearing at a few festivals, this flick is a love letter to some of those wacky directors we all love so much -- I'm looking at you, Tarantino -- and does a whole lot with what it has to work with. I'm never mad when some of these actors featured in this picture ham it up, and they sure do.

Ex Machina (2014)

MV5BMTUxNzc0OTIxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI3NzU2NDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @HARRISON_3

Director: Alex Garland

Premise: A young programmer is selected to participate in a ground-breaking experiment in synthetic intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a highly advanced humanoid A.I.

Boyz in the hood (1991)

MV5BZmRjNDI5NTgtOTIwMC00MzJhLWI4ZTYtMmU0ZTE3ZmRkZDNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @Scott Parker 27

Director: John Singleton

Premise: Follows the lives of three young males living in the Crenshaw ghetto of Los Angeles, dissecting questions of race, relationships, violence and future prospects.

Racer and the Jailbird (2017)

MV5BMTk2MjQ0MjcyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjcwMDQxNTM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @moreorless87

Director: Michaël R. Roskam

Premise: Set against the background of a brutal crime gang in Brussels, a tragic love story between Gigi, a high-flying gangster, and Bibi, a young racing driver with very upper-class roots.

My Bloody Valentine (1981)

MV5BMGFjOWQ5NDQtNzlkNy00OTY0LTllYmItMjU1ZGNiOWRmMzM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @FrontNakedChoke

Director: George Mihalka

Premise: A decades-old folk tale surrounding a deranged murderer killing those who celebrate Valentine's Day turns out to be true to legend when a group defies the killer's order and people start turning up dead.

Braveheart (1995)

MV5BMzkzMmU0YTYtOWM3My00YzBmLWI0YzctOGYyNTkwMWE5MTJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @Bubzeh

Director: Mel Gibson

Premise: When his secret bride is executed for assaulting an English soldier who tried to rape her, William Wallace begins a revolt against King Edward I of England.

The Chaser (2008)

MV5BY2ViOTU5MDQtZTRiZi00YjViLWFiY2ItOTRhNWYyN2ZiMzUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @LHWBelt

Director: Hong-jin Na

Premise: A disgraced ex-policeman who runs a small ring of prostitutes finds himself in a race against time when one of his women goes missing.

MV5BYzcwYTJhOWUtYjFiMy00NjBmLWIwY2UtOWRjMDhiMmRiZDNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzA4ODc3ODU@._V1_UY268_CR9,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

A Bullet For the General (1967)

Nominated by: @europe1

Director: Damiano Damiani

Premise: A band of Mexican gun-runners employed by a revolutionary general accept an American into their gang.

Reason for Nominating: I was considering doing a Spaghetti Western-theme next week but went another route. So instead I'm nominating A Bullet For the General, since it's a movie that I consider to be all-in-all pretty fantastic and exemplary of the Spaghetti-genre in terms of themes and style. (plus it's available on Youtube)

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @sweetviolenturg @FrontNakedChoke @chickenluver @Scott Parker 27 @Yotsuya @jei @LHWBelt @HARRISON_3 @Bubzeh @moreorless87 @HenryFlower @Zer

Is Sushi Girl the sequel to Tank Girl?

tankgirl.jpg

So the trailers are missing from Mirror and Jailbird and the Racer -- but for some reason, Sherdog isn't allowing me to edit the OP. Clearly jei is attempting to manipulate the outcome!

So here they are instead.

Last edited:
Just so people know. I initially set the votes to 1 vote each instead of 3. Before I had time to correct it, Harrison had voted. So I gave him the opportunity to vote twice-more over PM. So there are 2 votes that aren't in the pool.

Just so people know. I initially set the votes to 1 vote each instead of 3. Before I had time to correct it, Harrison had voted. So I gave him the opportunity to vote twice-more over PM. So there are 2 votes that aren't in the pool.
the Iowa caucus debacle has leaked into the SMC!!

Ah crap I voted on y'alls movies lol. My bad.

Sherdog Movie Club Battle Royale Week!

305273.jpg

Rules:

1: Every member has 3 votes!

2: You are NOT allowed to vote for your own Nomination!

3: 12 picks in total!

Our candidates!

The Endless (2018)

MV5BNjA5OTI1MjgwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU2NzY2NDM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @MusterX

Director: Justin Benson, Aaron Moorhead

Premise: As kids, they escaped a UFO death cult. Now, two adult brothers seek answers after an old videotape surfaces and brings them back to where they began.

Pusher II (2004)

da0894a77ae453c2a3c1c8f7c39960e6-pusher-thrillers.jpg

Nominated by: @Zer

Director: The Refn

Premise: Tony is released from prison - again. This time he has his mind set on changing his broken down life, but that is easier said than done.

Mirror (1975)

The_Mirror_%281975_film%29.png

Nominated by: @HenryFlower

Director: Andrei Tarkovsky

Premise: A dying man in his forties remembers his past. His childhood, his mother, the war, personal moments and things that tell of the recent history of all the Russian nation.

Eeason: the greatest film of all time. enough said.

Sushi Girl (2012)

MV5BMTU5MTk2MjE5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM3NzM1OA@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @jei

Director: Kern Saxton

Premise: Upon his release from prison, Fish is brought to an abandoned restaurant by his old associate, Duke, to celebrate his newfound freedom. However, there's unfinished business that Duke is determined to solve.

Reason for Nominating: Almost primarily straight to video other than appearing at a few festivals, this flick is a love letter to some of those wacky directors we all love so much -- I'm looking at you, Tarantino -- and does a whole lot with what it has to work with. I'm never mad when some of these actors featured in this picture ham it up, and they sure do.

Ex Machina (2014)

MV5BMTUxNzc0OTIxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI3NzU2NDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @HARRISON_3

Director: Alex Garland

Premise: A young programmer is selected to participate in a ground-breaking experiment in synthetic intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a highly advanced humanoid A.I.

Boyz in the hood (1991)

MV5BZmRjNDI5NTgtOTIwMC00MzJhLWI4ZTYtMmU0ZTE3ZmRkZDNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @Scott Parker 27

Director: John Singleton

Premise: Follows the lives of three young males living in the Crenshaw ghetto of Los Angeles, dissecting questions of race, relationships, violence and future prospects.

Racer and the Jailbird (2017)

MV5BMTk2MjQ0MjcyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjcwMDQxNTM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @moreorless87

Director: Michaël R. Roskam

Premise: Set against the background of a brutal crime gang in Brussels, a tragic love story between Gigi, a high-flying gangster, and Bibi, a young racing driver with very upper-class roots.

My Bloody Valentine (1981)

MV5BMGFjOWQ5NDQtNzlkNy00OTY0LTllYmItMjU1ZGNiOWRmMzM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @FrontNakedChoke

Director: George Mihalka

Premise: A decades-old folk tale surrounding a deranged murderer killing those who celebrate Valentine's Day turns out to be true to legend when a group defies the killer's order and people start turning up dead.

Braveheart (1995)

MV5BMzkzMmU0YTYtOWM3My00YzBmLWI0YzctOGYyNTkwMWE5MTJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @Bubzeh

Director: Mel Gibson

Premise: When his secret bride is executed for assaulting an English soldier who tried to rape her, William Wallace begins a revolt against King Edward I of England.

The Chaser (2008)

MV5BY2ViOTU5MDQtZTRiZi00YjViLWFiY2ItOTRhNWYyN2ZiMzUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Nominated by: @LHWBelt

Director: Hong-jin Na

Premise: A disgraced ex-policeman who runs a small ring of prostitutes finds himself in a race against time when one of his women goes missing.

MV5BYzcwYTJhOWUtYjFiMy00NjBmLWIwY2UtOWRjMDhiMmRiZDNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzA4ODc3ODU@._V1_UY268_CR9,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

A Bullet For the General (1967)

Nominated by: @europe1

Director: Damiano Damiani

Premise: A band of Mexican gun-runners employed by a revolutionary general accept an American into their gang.

Reason for Nominating: I was considering doing a Spaghetti Western-theme next week but went another route. So instead I'm nominating A Bullet For the General, since it's a movie that I consider to be all-in-all pretty fantastic and exemplary of the Spaghetti-genre in terms of themes and style. (plus it's available on Youtube)

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @sweetviolenturg @FrontNakedChoke @chickenluver @Scott Parker 27 @Yotsuya @jei @LHWBelt @HARRISON_3 @Bubzeh @moreorless87 @HenryFlower @Zer

Europe1 your nomination looks awesome. I'm hoping that wins but I'm watching it either way.

Europe1 your nomination looks awesome. I'm hoping that wins but I'm watching it either way.

tumblr_oni9ttt2Lf1rz6ao9o1_r3_400.gif

As mentioned, I think it's pretty fantastic. One of my favourite endings in film. There's also like a 30 minutes stretch of the movie where they're just riding around and killing people in clever ways and it's great.:D

Damn I forgot the submit a movie for this, although I'm pretty sure my nominee has never won this thing anyway, but I could have stolen some votes and influenced the result of course.

Bunch of good picks as always, going to be difficult to choose.

Uhh... guys! GUYS! Including Harrison's PM votes, we have a 4-way draw between Mirror, Boyz, Valentine and Bullet For the General. This has never happened before. What the hell do we do? Having a tie-breaker between 4 films just seem kinda dumb.:D

DRAW!

-VS-

Alright. I'm pulling a bit of an executive decision here. With all votes counted (Harrison voted for both of these movies), there is a 4-way draw between these and Mirror/Bullet for a General. Now a 4-way tie-breaker with 12 voting-members seems like a recipe for another goddamn tie, so I'm reluctant to do that. However, since the newest member (Wizzlebiz) also voted for these two movies, I've elected to count his votes as well. Normally we don't count the votes of someone who join mid-voting, but this seems to easiest way to resolve the deadlock.

Tie-breaker it is!​

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @FrontNakedChoke @chickenluver @Scott Parker 27 @Yotsuya @jei @LHWBelt @HARRISON_3 @Bubzeh @moreorless87 @HenryFlower @Zer @Wizzlebiz

Back