SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 142 movie!

Let's pick the week 142 Movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess we'll be nominating Excalibur soon too. Yeah, we didn't actually watch Blade Runner, but whatever.

QBgxoM3.jpg

So check this out man. I actually saw Excalibur, in 1981, at a Drive-In Theater, sitting in the back of a Cutlass. Its one of my earliest movie memories. My uncle and his now divorced wife, A.K.A. my ex-aunt, that bitch, took me to see it despite it being rated R. I was under age so we just didn't tell my mom about that. So anytime Excalibur is brought up I get a special and weird sort of memory that's a throwback to a different era. Lancelot coming to Arthur's aid at the end still gives me chills. Even old, broken down, and out of his prime he still fucked up everyone on the battlefield.

drive.jpg

So check this out man. I actually saw Excalibur, in 1981, at a Drive-In Theater, sitting in the back of a Cutlass. Its one of my earliest movie memories. My uncle and his now divorced wife, A.K.A. my ex-aunt, that bitch, took me to see it despite it being rated R. I was under age so we just didn't tell my mom about that. So anytime Excalibur is brought up I get a special and weird sort of memory that's a throwback to a different era. Lancelot coming to Arthur's aid at the end still gives me chills. Even old, broken down, and out of his prime he still fucked up everyone on the battlefield.

drive.jpg

That would have been bad-ass. Although upon last viewing I'm concerned it hasn't held up so well.

That would have been bad-ass. Although upon last viewing I'm concerned it hasn't held up so well.

I haven't seen it in about 10 years, I wonder if it would win if someone nominated it.

drive.jpg
Excalibur was cool as shit back in the day, I wonder how I'd like it now.

I miss drive ins. My wife and I were just talking about how awesome it would be to have one around now that we have two rugrats that fall asleep the minute they get in the car. All we'd need is some snacks and a couple flasks of whiskey for date night.

Excalibur was cool as shit back in the day, I wonder how I'd like it now.

I miss drive ins. My wife and I were just talking about how awesome it would be to have one around now that we have two rugrats that fall asleep the minute they get in the car. All we'd need is some snacks and a couple flasks of whiskey for date night.

Live dangerously. Sit 'em on the hood and get a little somethin' while they're mesmerized.

Missed the voting but I'd have gone with Bounty anyway if only due to watching The Trip again recently.

I'm not a Kinski fanboy or anything, but I recently watched Crawlspace for the first time - which is the film that inspired the film-about-the-film Please Kill Mr. Kinski - and thought that I should recommend it to you guys in case you haven't seen it. Not a very good movie (not even by '80s B-slasher movie standards), but man does it look good. Fantastic production design and cinematography that made it seem like a minor Suspiria (the mention of which is, I'm sure, like a dog whistle for @europe1, so I'll also recommend it to you, too, if you haven't already seen it ;)).
Crawlspace was great! Kinski’s soft spoken sleaziod landlord with Argentinian nazi refugee past is one of the greatest slasher characters I can think of and the crawlspace consept with good production values was very enjoyable. I had just watched House on Giribaldi Street (1979) about Mossad’s abduction of Adolf Eichmann from Buenos Aires. I think Kinski or the director/writer Schmoeller might have takes some cues from either that or real life Eichmann on how to do a proper nazi geek with wierdest sense of ethics. That man was creepy.

Back