SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 123 movie!

Let's pick the week 123 Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

europe1

It´s a nice peninsula to Asia
@Steel
Reaction score
NOTE to NON-MEMBERS: Interested in joining the SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB? Shoot me a PM for more info!

Here's a quick list of all movies watched by the SMC. Or if you prefer, here's a more detailed examination.

2h9qa9.jpg

The New Daddy speaks!

I'm going with a genre I love (sci-fi), but movies that are outside of my comfort zone. I haven't seen any of these.

He forgot to mention, it's basically an Eastern European sci-fi week!

Here are our candidates!

Hard To Be A God (2015)

Director: Aleksey German

Stars: Leonid Yarmolnik, Aleksandr Chutko, Yuriy Tsurilo

Premise: A group of scientists are sent to the planet Arkanar to help the local civilization, which is in the Medieval phase of its own history, to find the right path to progress.

Stalker (1979)

Director: Andrei Tarkovsky

Stars: Alisa Freyndlikh, Aleksandr Kaydanovskiy, Anatoliy Solonitsyn

Premise: A guide leads two men through an area known as the Zone to find a room that grants wishes.

Avalon (2001)

Director: Mamoru Oshii

Stars: Malgorzata Foremniak, Wladyslaw Kowalski, Jerzy Gudejko

Premise: In a dystopian world, a woman spends her time playing an illegal and dangerous game, hoping to find meaning in her world.

On The Silver Globe (1988)

Director: Andrzej Zulawski

Stars: Andrzej Seweryn, Jerzy Trela, Grazyna Dylag

Premise: A team of astronauts land on an inhabitable planet and form a society. Many years later, a single astronaut is sent to the planet and becomes a messiah.

sickc0d3r Top Theme for this week is "top 5 movies of 2019 you're looking forward to seeing!"
Members: @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts @Coolthulu @Yotsuya @jei @LHWBelt @ArtemV @Bullitt68 @Deus Ex Machina

Not looking forward to any movies. I'm still trying to catch up with what's out there. :eek::D

Not looking forward to any movies. I'm still trying to catch up with what's out there. :eek::D

om3i.gif

I honestly couldn't even tell you five movies that are coming out in 2019, let alone five that I'm looking forward to.

I honestly couldn't even tell you five movies that are coming out in 2019, let alone five that I'm looking forward to.

If the new Tarantino movies is slated for 2019 then that's all I've got.

Wow, the year 2019 looks absolutely dire. Absolutely nothing seems to be coming out that year. I had to really struggle to get these films together.

1. The Irishman (Scorcese)
2. Once Upon A Time in Hollywood (Tarantino)
3. John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019)
4. Hobbs and Shaw (Fast and Furios Spin-Off)
5. Bond 25.

Searing for films for this list, I found out that they are making another freaking Shaft remake with Samuel L. Jackson... despite that fact that they already made a Shaft remake back in 2000 with... Samuel L. Jackson (which was thoroughly mediocre). How desperate do they have to be to remake Shaft 2 times with the same actor? Like, they couldn't find a single black guy outside Samuel L. Jackson?

LAME. You guys' google machine broken or something?

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Ad Astra
Gemini Man
Top Gun: Maverick
Star Wars: Episode IX

LAME. You guys' google machine broken or something?

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Ad Astra
Gemini Man
Star Wars: Episode IX

Your own google machine seems to have broken when you started listing garbage like Top Gun and Star Wars:D

Wow, the year 2019 looks absolutely dire. Absolutely nothing seems to be coming out that year. I had to really struggle to get these films together.

1. The Irishman (Scorcese)
2. Once Upon A Time in Hollywood (Tarantino)
3. John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019)
4. Hobbs and Shaw (Fast and Furios Spin-Off)
5. Bond 25.

Searing for films for this list, I found out that they are making another freaking Shaft remake with Samuel L. Jackson... despite that fact that they already made a Shaft remake back in 2000 with... Samuel L. Jackson (which was thoroughly mediocre). How desperate do they have to be to remake Shaft 2 times with the same actor? Like, they couldn't find a single black guy outside Samuel L. Jackson?
Didn't notice The Irishman. Looks pretty good.

The 2019 list was a lot easier than I thought it would be:

1) Avengers 4
2) Bond 25
3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
4) John Wick 3
5) Terminator 6 with Linda Hamilton retconning everything after T2

The 2019 list was a lot easier than I thought it would be:

1) Avengers 4
2) Bond 25
3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
4) John Wick 3
5) Terminator 6 with Linda Hamilton retconning everything after T2
Damn, I forgot Linda was coming back. Good call.

The volume of sequels and reboots coming out next year is stunning (without even counting kids movies).
Glass
MIB
Avengers 4
John Wick 3
Star Wars IX
T6
Death On The Nile (Orient Express 2 I guess)
X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Son of Shaft
IT: Chapter 2
Wonder Woman
Bond 25
Zombieland 2
The Adams Family
Hellboy
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Pet Cemetary
Jacob's Ladder

Damn, I forgot Linda was coming back. Good call.
It was originally going to be number one on my list but then I saw that they were going to CGI-create Edward Furlong's face on somebody because I guess he doesn't really act anymore.

I’ll make it ”TOP-5 movies I’m looking forward to see 2019 unless I see them earlier”:

Mandy
House That Jack Built
Daddy, I Love You
Once Upon Time in Hollywood
Creed 2 (Edit.)

Last edited:
It was originally going to be number one on my list but then I saw that they were going to CGI-create Edward Furlong's face on somebody because I guess he doesn't really act anymore.
<Dylan>

I guess deep down I was hoping Ed would go all Rocky 4 training montage for this and get a role.

Furlong makes T2 unwatchable for me.

Back