SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 120 movie!

Let's pick the week 120 Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But, imo, King's best asset is his knack for writing interesting and flawed characters in a way that rings true.
Didn’t he use this style, that in middle of chapters there were parts of text in cursive which suddently dived into the characters mind in unexpected and very subjective ways. Memories, realizations, observations and such. That seemed very innovative back then. For some reason Dreamcatcher kind of ”read” like that for me, even though it had some moments that were over the top. Like the mind library scenes were definitely something that would have been written in cursive had it been a book.

Edit. I need to check my facts. Dreamcatcher was a book first! I thought it was an original screenplay...

Last edited:
I stopped when The Stand came out and the whole phenomenon got out of hands.
Looks like King wrote The Stand 1978. It was translated into Finnish 1990 and until now I’ve always thought that that was when King lost it. :D

Edit. Looks like The Stand was re-released unedited 1990, so I was kind of right about the King-phenomenon getting out of hands.

Last edited:
Sorry for choosing all popular movies most of you have seen before,
I don't know as much about movies as most of y'all.

Just thought these would make for some good discussion.
Especially the one currently in the lead.

:p

Didn’t he use this style, that in middle of chapters there were parts of text in cursive which suddently dived into the characters mind in unexpected and very subjective ways. Memories, realizations, observations and such. That seemed very innovative back then. For some reason Dreamcatcher kind of ”read” like that for me, even though it had some moments that were over the top. Like the mind library scenes were defitely something that would have been written in cursive had it been a book.

Edit. I need to check my facts. Dreamcatcher was a book first! I thought it was an original screenplay...
I don't recall the cursive, but then it may not have registered with me enough to realize it was a thing. Never read Dreamcatcher.

But he did for sure dive into the minds of his characters. Sometimes villains were a little too cartoonish (COCK-A-DOODY!), but even then it worked for the mind's eye of the reader, and I think it was intentional. He was really at his best writing the every-man hero or protaganist. Most of them with some kind of flaw that is never resolved. When I read a King, I guess the characters are just in sharp focus for me.

Sorry for choosing all popular movies most of you have seen before,
I don't know as much about movies as most of y'all.

Just thought these would make for some good discussion.
Especially the one currently in the lead.

:p
Nothing wrong with picking movies we've all seen, sometimes I want a chance to discuss a classic and see what comes out of it. I think all of them would be fun to talk about, but the leading one seems right for this group. @MusterX especially!

Went with Eyes Wide Shut simply because I'v somehow never gotten around to watching it always ended up going with something else.

Went with Eyes Wide Shut simply because I'v somehow never gotten around to watching it always ended up going with something else.

We have a rule of not stating what we voted for until the voting is over, so that the voting is anonymous.

Not that it really matters at this point, but just a heads up for next time @moreorless87 :p

Ah didn't see the change? any reason for that?

Well it doesn't effect you since you're not a member of the club:p

We've had that rule since almost forever. Jei introduced it. Stating what you vote on has a tendancy of influencing others on how to vote.

Is there anything wrong with that? they don't have to state who they vote, just seems like potential discussion to me.

Is there anything wrong with that? they don't have to state who they vote, just seems like potential discussion to me.

Seems sort of hard to talk about what you voted for without giving an solid idea of what you voted for.

Besides, people can always do it after the poll ends in about 24 hours

Nothing wrong with picking movies we've all seen, sometimes I want a chance to discuss a classic and see what comes out of it. I think all of them would be fun to talk about, but the leading one seems right for this group. @MusterX especially!

The one in the lead will make for interesting discussion. Kubrick in general has spawned multiple conspiracy theories with his films and even his death. I don't know of any director with more conspiracies attached to them.

<Deported1>

SmbLt.gif

Besides, people can always do it after the poll ends in about 24 hours

Technically the vote can be called at any point, you don't have to wait until the deadline if the vote is already over, however, if you want the thread to last longer then not calling it until the deadline would help that.

Technically the vote can be called at any point, you don't have to wait until the deadline if the vote is already over, however, if you want the thread to last longer then not calling it until the deadline would help that.

Dios Mio!!! I just voted right now and WTF have you guys been doing!? This is a conspiracy! A conspiracy I tell ya! Democracy does not produce these results!

Will call it when I get home to my PC.

This is probably the one Kubrick film that I will find the most difficult to talk about too.

Back