SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 107 movie!

Let's Pick the SMC Week 107 Movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really? Dr. Parnassus?

giphy.gif

So you won't be changing your vote?

"They already left senor."

"That's ok, they'll be back, he just went out for his urinalysis."

Mrs. Stanwyk!

Off the top of my head:

10) A Christmas Story
9) This Is Spinal Tap
8) The Big Lebowski
7) Princess Bride
6) Army of Darkness
5) Naked Gun movies
4) Rocky movies
3) Back to the Future movies
2) RoboCop
1) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Edit: Blues Brothers should be somewhere on that list.

Last edited:
Every sentence Chet says is quotable.

Made me watch everything Paxton was in for like the next ten years. Cameron totally underutilized him in Terminator and Commando. He got it right in Aliens though.

1. The Holy Grail (if this doesn't top your list then you're not a good list-maker)

2c33191e-bf47-4a56-8950-f12557484fb9_text.gif

2. Life of Brian

2Zpl.gif

I already know the twist and the film as a whole didn't really resonate with me. One of the films with no votes I've watched numerous times and would much prefer watching it again.

As for those Pulp Fiction quotes, I get more use out of Reservoir Dogs.
  • Where's the commode in this dungeon? I gotta take a squirt
  • He's like Charles Bronson in "The Great Escape." He's diggin' tunnels.
  • I'd go over 10% for that.
  • We got places all over the place.
  • Hold still.
  • Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie... or are you gonna bite?
  • Job type job
  • You shit your pants, dive in and swim.
There's probably more, but you get the idea.

I always liked, “If you shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.”

Really? Dr. Parnassus?

giphy.gif

Now that’s a great quote.

I always liked, “If you shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.”

Good one. Or the more subtle "I'm hungry. Let's get a taco." I use this one from time to time as well. "Something like that? Worse or better?"

I haven't seen it, is it bad? I was looking for movies where the devil actually makes an appearance and it was mentioned a lot, so I figured I'd nominate it.

I don't think its that bad, the discussion would be interesting. Its just, anyone who doesn't vote for what I voted for, well....

"Well I didn't think it was a whale's dick, honey."

Anybody with a haircut like that you know he's an asshole.

Weird Science is easily all-time top 10 comedies for me. Paxton is perfect. This little trip down memory lane made me feel embarrassed for all the great quotes I'd forgotten. For those who haven't seen the film, skip this and watch the whole film.

Sudden Death!
Angel Heart (1987) vs The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009)
That voting went quickly.

Alright, sudden death time. For those of you that are new, we have a tie so now every member will get to vote again manually for which film they wish to see winning. I would also like to remind people that as the glorious president-for-life of this club, if the Sudden Death round ends in a tie, then my vote will count as the tiebreaker.

Sudden Death will go on for 24 hours.

Members: @shadow_priest_x @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @chickenluver @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts

I'm fine with either one winning but sticking with Imaginarium just because I haven't seen it.

Imaginarium.

if the Sudden Death round ends in a tie, then my vote will count as the tiebreaker.

Since there's 11 of us, if it comes to that, I say we kick out the prick that doesn't vote. Who's with me?

Bradyhanging.gif

Back