SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 107 movie!

Let's Pick the SMC Week 107 Movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know The Ninth Gate has a lot of support on Sherdog. That RT score is bullshit.

I like the film quite a bit. The occultic storyline set in the world of rare book collecting is really cool and original.

Its alright man, I'm not opposed to it. The ancient rare or evil tome is not that original though, its been done many times.

Hello Necronomicon

th

th
th

th
th

Its alright man, I'm not opposed to it. The ancient rare or evil tome is not that original though, its been done many times.

Hello Necronomicon

th

th
th

th
th

Yeah, that may be, but I really like the "rare book world" element of the film. It even inspired me to look into rare book collecting a little bit.

And I just like the vibe and atmosphere of the film, and the characters and performances are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, I was no help with my vote.

I am wife-out-of-town-so-watching-my-daughter pwnt right now, so I'll post my list when I get a chance.

Yeah, thatt may be, but I really like the "rare book world" element of the film. It even inspired me to look into rare book collecting a little bit.

And I just like the vibe and atmosphere of the film, and the characters and performances are great.

Reminds me a little of the tv show Grimm for some reason. That was really fun for the first season or two.

I remember back when The Ninth Gate was coming soon, and there was a promotional poster at my local theater. I could have sworn it read The Ninth Grade. Even my brother thought it read that. We saw a commercial for it a few weeks later, and the movie was called The Ninth Gate, and we were both like, “Huh?”

So the next time we were at the theater, the poster then read The Ninth Gate. Either the Mandela Effect is real, or some bad posters went around initially, or my brother and I are both illiterate. But I swear that motherf***er was spelled The Ninth Grade.

My quotable movies list:
  1. Big Trouble In Little China
  2. Caddyshack
  3. Friday
  4. Monty Python and The Holy Grail
  5. Anchorman
  6. Airplane!
  7. The Princess Bride
  8. Fletch
  9. The Godfather
  10. They Live

I suck at remembering quotes so this list is sketchy.....

So here you go. Properly numbered and all!

1. Forrest Gump
2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
3. The Big Lebowski
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. Scarface
7. The Godfather
8. Casablanca
9. Jaws
10.The Terminator

Over the years I've ordered many a steak sandwich and steak sandwiches. And of course it's always gone on the Underhill's bill. :D
"They already left senor."

"That's ok, they'll be back, he just went out for his urinalysis."

Really? Dr. Parnassus?

giphy.gif
I haven't seen it, is it bad? I was looking for movies where the devil actually makes an appearance and it was mentioned a lot, so I figured I'd nominate it.

Back