Sherdog Movie Club: Battle Royale X! Let's pick the Week 235 film!

Let's pick the Week 235 film!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

europe1

It´s a nice peninsula to Asia
@Steel
Reaction score
NOTE to NON-MEMBERS: Interested in joining the SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB? Shoot me a PM for more info!

Here's a quick list of all movies watched by the SMC. Or if you prefer, here's a more detailed examination.

latest

Rules:

1: Every member has 2 votes!

2: You are NOT allowed to vote for your own Nomination!

3: 10 picks in total!

Our candidates!
Eastern Promises (2007)

MV5BMTcwMzU0OTY3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzkwNjg2._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director David Cronenberg

Premise: A Russian teenager living in London who dies during childbirth leaves clues to a midwife in her journal that could tie her child to a rape involving a violent Russian mob family.

Reason for Nominating: Damn.. I was going to go with Polar with our favorite SMC actor Mads Mikkelsen but have to go with my countryman Viggo this time (they really remind me of eachother, specially late).

Nominated by: @SalvadorAllende

The Golden Child (1986)

MV5BN2E2MWJhZjEtMDdmOS00MmFkLWJlNWEtNWQ0NjA0NzIwNjRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Michael Ritchie

Premise: A private detective specializing in missing children is charged with the task of finding a special child whom dark forces want to eliminate.

Nominated by: @the ambush

Frailty (2001)

MV5BMTIxNTE2MTY1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODYyMTc2._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Bill Paxton

Premise: A mysterious man arrives at the offices of an FBI agent and recounts his childhood: how his religious fanatic father received visions telling him to destroy people who were in fact "demons."

Reason for Nominating: Being that we lost Bill Paxton back in 2017 and never watched this film that he both directed and starred in, I feel like its a fitting time to do so.

Nominated by: @MusterX

Heart of Darkness: A Filmmakers Apocalypse (1991)

MV5BNWQxZTQ4OTItNTdmNS00NGY0LTg5NDAtZjViMjQ2ODg3ZGFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Fax Bahr, George Hickenlooper

Premise: Documentary that chronicles how Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse (1979) was plagued by extraordinary script, shooting, budget, and casting problems--nearly destroying the life and career of the celebrated director.

Nominated by: @Zer

The Witch (2015)

MV5BMTUyNzkwMzAxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzc1OTk1NjE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Robert Eggers

Premise: A family in 1630s New England is torn apart by the forces of witchcraft, black magic, and possession.

Nominated by: @Scott Parker 27

Martyrs (2008)

MV5BYTY0NTZlZjYtNWRmZi00MGRjLTk4ZDctMjE4NjBiZTUyNGNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Pascal Laugier

Premise: A young woman's quest for revenge against the people who kidnapped and tormented her as a child leads her and a friend, who is also a victim of child abuse, on a terrifying journey into a living hell of depravity.

Nominated by: @Bubzeh

The Hunt (2012)

MV5BNDM2MzMwMzcxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTczMDk3OA@@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Thomas Vinterberg

Premise: A teacher lives a lonely life, all the while struggling over his son's custody. His life slowly gets better as he finds love and receives good news from his son, but his new luck is about to be brutally shattered by an innocent little lie.

Nominated by: @HenryFlower

To Hell and Back (1955)

MV5BOTM0MjJkZDAtZmQzMC00NzRkLWIxMDktNTMyYzJlNDQwOThlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTEwNDcxNDc@._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Jesse Hibbs

Premise: The true WWII story of Audie Murphy, the most decorated soldier in U.S. history. Based on the autobiography of Audie Murphy who stars as himself in the film.

Nominated by: @Yotsuya

The Lives of Others (2006)

MV5BOThkM2EzYmMtNDE3NS00NjlhLTg4YzktYTdhNzgyOWY3ZDYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQzNzQxNzI@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck

Premise: In 1984 East Berlin, an agent of the secret police, conducting surveillance on a writer and his lover, finds himself becoming increasingly absorbed by their lives.

Nominated by: @HARRISON_3

Who Killed Captain Alex (2010)

MV5BOGQ4NTRhNjMtODYyYi00NjJhLThmZTUtNmI4MTdlZWM5MDliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzMzMTExNzI@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Nabwana I.G.G.

Premise: Uganda's president gives Captain Alex the mission to defeat the Tiger Maffia, but Alex gets killed in the process. Upon hearing the tragic news, his brother investigates to avenge Alex.

Reason for Nominating: Just watch that trailer. It looks like one of the most hilarious B-movies of all time. It's also a fantastic film-making story about overcoming the odds, shoot in the slums of Uganda using locals to film an comedy action-movie.

Nominated by: @europe1

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @JayPettryMMA @Yotsuya @HARRISON_3 @Bubzeh @CHUTE_BOXE78 @the ambush @SalvadorAllende @The Big Babou @HenryFlower @Zer

Trailers (Since Sherdog won't let me post them all in one post)

if i could’ve given both of my votes to the same movie i would have because it’s that amazing/essential

if i could’ve given both of my votes to the same movie i would have because it’s that amazing/essential

This is me right now with 2 days left of voting

Last edited:
If my pick doesn't win, this election is rigged.

Dang brothers, there are four I haven't seen but can only pick 2. Either way will watch all four!!! probably Sundae because I don't watch or care about American footballs.

Who Killed Captain Alex (2010)

MV5BOGQ4NTRhNjMtODYyYi00NjJhLThmZTUtNmI4MTdlZWM5MDliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzMzMTExNzI@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Director: Nabwana I.G.G.

Premise: Uganda's president gives Captain Alex the mission to defeat the Tiger Maffia, but Alex gets killed in the process. Upon hearing the tragic news, his brother investigates to avenge Alex.

Reason for Nominating: Just watch that trailer. It looks like one of the most hilarious B-movies of all time. It's also a fantastic film-making story about overcoming the odds, shoot in the slums of Uganda using locals to film an comedy action-movie.
Should have voted for this regardless that I've seen it twice. I forgot about multiple votes and mechanically clicked the one on my watch list. :(

Should have voted for this regardless that I've seen it twice. I forgot about multiple votes and mechanically clicked the one on my watch list. :(

You fools have no idea what you're missing.

6fe6e0f38f4c8ca370cc86192fb02de4fa6eb2a1.gif

i love The Witch so much, but ngl i’m super disappointed Who Killed Captain Alex? didn’t win. even though i watched it three times in September i would watch it three more times this month & still not grow tired of it

The fix is in.

Also, can't tell if that chick is sexy or not.

Cute maybe?

Can’t believe Martyrs didn’t win. Fml.

2 things. 1. How do you not love Harrison, the sherbro always has me smiling or tinkin, 2. The Witch? really? I only say this be kawz I think I been seeing this and always be pass it over. And whatever happened to that sherbro Salva? He seemed pretty bad ass and had also cool thing to say.

Back