Media Sherdog looked like a bunch of chapters from a self-help book last night.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Psychedelic, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Psychedelic Silver Belt

Full of coping and positive reinforcements, and a bunch of troubled people repeating stuff that might make them feel better by force of repetition.

Let's lay down the facts:

1- Dominick Reyes did not defeat the reigning, defending, undisputed LHW Champion Jon Bones Jones.

2- Those crying about the results did not mention the insane pressure Jones put on Reyes, even in the rounds he was outstruck in. Octagon control is an essential part of round scoring, as per the unified rules of MMA.

3- It was a close fight, either way. A Win, loss or draw for both fighters would not have been outside the realm of the possibility. It was nowhere near a "robbery"

4- In such scenarios, the decision is traditionally awarded to the champion.

What we saw was an extremely competitive title fight, won by Jon Jones. I hope that by now, Jones' haters estrogen levels have regulated a bit, in order to discuss the fight more rationally.

#AndStill

<JonesLaugh>

<JonesDXSuckIt>

2. loptyjoe Yellow Belt

This is like the 50th Jones won thread. We get it already. He is a good fighter but he will never be great because of his eye pokes and steroids

3. Psychedelic Silver Belt

I didn't read the previous 49, tbh. All I am reading is cancer by the GOAT haters.

4. SteveColdStone School of Self Awareness

ONABENCHHIGHEATINGCHICKENWINGSANDFRENCHFRIES
    This was a #1 contender’s fight for Santos’ belt. Reyes is the #1 contender and Jones is the #3 LHW in the UFC. Worldwide, he’s now behind Bader and Jiri too.

5. John makfresshi Conducting the T-City Ortega champ Train STILL!

The GOAT! Most underrated chin of all time. Highest fight i.q. and best as using his physical gifts. Cardio off the charts! Never folds even in adversity. Fuck the haters

6. Buff Trash Belt Degenerate

Fuck off, crybaby.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

7. Mischievious Orange Belt

I said the same thing last night. Jones aggression and control of the Octagon > a few extra landed punches. Jones 2,4,5

8. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    Jon Jones, the Last Chapterer

9. Washad Green Belt

It was clear that Jones' estrogen levels have regulated a bit. Lmao, soon he will squeeze out a controversial split decision against Corey Anderson.
    <36><36><36>

10. Gilday Silver Belt

If we're going to seriously argue that you win rounds by "pressuring" and octagon control when you're getting soundly outstruck what's the point anymore?

Clearly there's no point fighting and leaving yourself open to get hit if you can win rounds by just walking forward. For the record aggression and octagon control only comes into play if you can't decide a winner based on effective striking/grappling, which considering Reyes landed the harder shots and more of them, is that not effective striking?

11. Shadowthrone Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Remember when Jones was gonna get ktfo by Gus....then Smith....then Santos....then Reyes...

LMAO

12. ConorFacts Banned Banned

13. LilNicky95 Brown Belt

The champion had to chase and engage for there to even be a fight. Reyes was running all night and expected to take the title?

Jones did not shy away from bad-breath Reyes.

14. intense White Belt

Here it is ! The voice of reason. Agree with almost everything you said, but point 3. Jones won clearly.

Like you said, OCTAGON CONTROL. That is a scoring criteria. Jones controlled the octagon for 99% of the fight. Showed better defense, more precision, did more damage.

A relatively close fight but those giving it to Reyes don't know what they are watching.

15. Lawrence Black Belt

Good post until you got to -4

No... Traditionally, when the Challenger wins more rounds, they become champion... period.

I was surprised any judges gave Jones 3 rounds... but they all did.

The point we are all forgetting was that it was a really good fight!

I thought Reyes won.... But Jones never quit, took a TON OF DAMAGE and looked pretty good after the fight...

Jones showed big heart, a savy poker face when Reyes’s body work was being effective, and great cardio and will to push in the last rounds.....

but Jones still won only two rounds at best and no 10/8 rounds. Reyes got the only knockdowns.

But again.... a great fight that I enjoyed watching.

16. Only Here for Attachments Stipe Justice Warrior

I'm tempted to go back to college, major in psychology, and write a dissertation on all the mental gymnastics that Jon-haters and Sherdoggers in general use on a daily basis. <45>

Jon haters:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  17. Do better Blue Belt

Hahahaha no