Sherdog: Land of double standards

You can have the best technique ever in the gym. Some people change on fight day.
Ronda hitting pads looks great so does wand, etc. By when they fight it turns sloppy. So what? That's their style people!

Haha this just came in fellas. Wand and others had crazy brawls in the gym but that's all technique. They only train how to brawl. They dont learn proper boxing.
You realize how dumb that sounds right? I've seen wand practice traditional boxing numerous times. Shit we he came here to ATT OKC he was telling us that its all about technique and crisp punches Hahaha.
Ronda has a brawl she cant strike haha.

I like how you try to bring in other "fellas" like you have some support. Of course you're an Okie.

Women are just greatly inferior athletically than men.

It doesnt matter what ronda does,shes so popular that contrarian basement dwellers on computers their mom paid for gotta bitch about everything no matter how good it was.

/thread

You can have the best technique ever in the gym. Some people change on fight day.
Ronda hitting pads looks great so does wand, etc. By when they fight it turns sloppy. So what? That's their style people!

You're talking about an Olympic level athlete. They ingrain technique and form into their arts. They don't suddenly change it when they actually compete. The truth is Ronda's technique in the gym is probably as sloppy as what we see in the cage, but Zuffa wants to sell her as a perfect fighter and her coach wants to pat himself on the back.

It doesnt matter what ronda does,shes so popular that contrarian basement dwellers on computers their mom paid for gotta bitch about everything no matter how good it was.

That's right it doesn't matter if she's got the striking skill of most middle schoolers who have never trained a day in their lives, she's so popular that she's good even though she isn't. Know who else is so popular that the crazy shit they claim doesn't matter? Donald Trump.

That's right it doesn't matter if she's got the striking skill of most middle schoolers who have never trained a day in their lives, she's so popular that she's good even though she isn't. Know who else is so popular that the crazy shit they claim doesn't matter? Donald Trump.

please.. There are tons of male fighters in the ufc who are worse and you dont see people whining about them,unless its convenient for them to do so. You dont need to be a good striker to succeed in mma. She knocked the girl out,ive seen plenty of crappy strikers knock people out in mma. So the fuck what

please.. There are tons of male fighters in the ufc who are worse and you dont see people whining about them,unless its convenient for them to do so. You dont need to be a good striker to succeed in mma. She knocked the girl out,ive seen plenty of crappy strikers knock people out in mma. So the fuck what

It wouldn't matter except for all the hype about her striking ability and how she would be "boxing world champ, no doubt". You don't hear that kind of absurd hype about those shitty male fighters or you'd call bs on that, or at least I'd hope you would.

Anderson Silva got ragged on for his supposedly weak reign all the time. Nobody was ever taking it easy on the guy simply by virtue of his Y chromosome. And even when his MMA game was at is very best, and it looked like a hybrid of Neo, Muhammed Ali and the Gracies, he still was not able to finish three title fights in a row with a combined time of over a minute. If he was, you can believe he would have taken exponentially more abuse for being in a weak division.

And for those who still insist that if a man was dominating like Ronda we would be praising him and not slagging on the competition, well just take any given division, say WW. Look at Hendrocks, Lawler and MacDonald. See how much of a moot point it is, talking in hypotheticals about someone who could finish them in 34 seconds, 16 seconds and 14 seconds? If a pro fighter could actually do that, then there would not be normal praise for him or slagging of competition, then it would confirm that we have successfully created cyborg/genetically engineered hunamoid machine fighters of some kind. SO yes, the point there is totally moot.

It wouldn't matter except for all the hype about her striking ability and how she would be "boxing world champ, no doubt". You don't hear that kind of absurd hype about those shitty male fighters or you'd call bs on that, or at least I'd hope you would.

congrats on letting hype change your opinion on what actually happens in the cage. I couldnt give two shits if everyone,including ronda,says she can beat mayweather,i throughly enjoy watching her fights,esp last night...rather than go into a fit of frothing rage at ronda not putting on a sweet science boxing exhibition in an mma fight.

congrats on letting hype change your opinion on what actually happens in the cage. I couldnt give two shits if everyone,including ronda,says she can beat mayweather,i throughly enjoy watching her fights,esp last night...rather than go into a fit of frothing rage at ronda not putting on a sweet science boxing exhibition in an mma fight.

Good for you that you can watch shows on mute and avoid all the hype talk and promos for Ronda on every card and on all the MMA websites and on these forums, then separate that from the mess you see in the cage. You enjoy watching D-level striking comparable to 2 kids windmilling when you watch MMA, that's awesome.

It's not much different when Rogan and Goldie tout that guys like Shogun and Lil Nog are BJJ blackbelts and then we see them slug it out in the cage and only slightly more annoying than when two grapplers put on an exhibition kickboxing match. But in those cases, at least we see them use those skills from time to time so it's not complete and utter bs.

Good for you that you can watch shows on mute and avoid all the hype talk and promos for Ronda on every card and on all the MMA websites and on these forums, then separate that from the mess you see in the cage. You enjoy watching D-level striking comparable to 2 kids windmilling when you watch MMA, that's awesome.

It's not much different when Rogan and Goldie tout that guys like Shogun and Lil Nog are BJJ blackbelts and then we see them slug it out in the cage and only slightly more annoying than when two grapplers put on an exhibition kickboxing match. But in those cases, at least we see them use those skills from time to time so it's not complete and utter bs.

oh i hear it. i just dont CARE.

you see a guy like soa who isnt good standing or on the ground,or has much of anything at all,gas himself out and quit against bigfoot,but no one could be arsed to care about that.

We see a woman like ronda who doesnt NEED to engage in a prolonged striking battle,knock girls out with one punch,just cos she can,i think is exceptional,and al eap forward. None of the other girls are doing that. someones gotta show em how.

oh i hear it. i just dont CARE.

you see a guy like soa who isnt good standing or on the ground,or has much of anything at all,gas himself out and quit against bigfoot,but no one could be arsed to care about that.

We see a woman like ronda who doesnt NEED to engage in a prolonged striking battle,knock girls out with one punch,just cos she can,i think is exceptional,and al eap forward. None of the other girls are doing that. someones gotta show em how.

That's cool but I see it as false advertising and I hate that shit. Don't tell me this burger is delicious and nutritious and hot girls eat this shit, then when I get one it's a greasy, sloppy mess of fat. I'm not into chicks like that.

Back