Sherdog just posted their current top 10 p4p rankings. Lets see yours.

1. Bob Sapp
2. Ivan Emelianenko
3. CM Punk
4. Papy Abedy
5. Gerard Gordeau
6. Mike Goldberg
7. Fallon Fox
8. Joe Son
9. Lisa Ann
10. Carl Brutananadilewski

Erick Silva will soon be on your list. Mark my words!

I take it that list is active and not all time?

PED cheaters included:

1.Khabib
2.Jones
3.DC
4.Ferguson
5.Holloway
6.MM
7.Henry
8.Whitaker
9.Poirier
10.Usman

1. Khabib
2. Jones
3. Cormier
4. Johnson
5. Cejudo
6. Whittaker
7. Max
8. Tony
9. Usman
10. Poirier

Our lists are almost identical. I have Tony 4th only because LW is the most stacked weightclass. Imo it should count a lot.

Last edited:
How can someone who hasnt won since 2016 be in the active top 10? Heck that was during Obamas era.

Cejudo is was too high up on people's lists. I guess he's the flavor of the month, but a razor close win over DJ, and 2 arguable early stoppages doesn't get you into the top 5 p4p surely.

DC
Khalabeeb
Cejudo
Nunes
Max
Knuckles
Porier
Ferguson
Marty
Valentina

1. Jones
2. Cormier
3. Khabib
4. Ferguson
5.holloway
6.nunes
7.cejudo
8.shevchenko
9.whittaker
10. Usman or mcgregor

1. Cormier
2. Jones
3. Cejudo
4. Ferguson
5. Khabib
6. Shevchenko
7. Usman
8. Holloway
9. Porier
10. Nunes

Mine in comparison:
1. Jon Jones
2. Mighty Mouse (I think he beat Cejudo although close... Hard to punish a guy in the rankings you think beat the 125/135/Olympic champ).
3. Henry Cejudo - loss to Mighty Mouse was razor thin and I had him besting JoeyB
4. DC - Only loss is to the best and he felt the need to cheat to do it.
5. Khabib - Should have one loss, but to a Roider
6. Tony Ferguson
7. Whittaker
8. Holloway
9. Usman
10. McGregor
No disrespect intended, but your thread title is to post CURRENT top 10 p4p. Please list the things Conor McGregor, who had his last MMA win 942 days ago, has done to be considered a CURRENT top 10 pound for pound MMA fighter in the world. I'll wait ...

1. Donald Trump
2. Magomed Shikhshabekov
3. Guram Gugenishvili
4. Mamed Khalidov
5. Roman Zentsov
6. Fred Rogers
7. Richard Dawson
8. Bob Dole
9. Jim Henson
10. Marius Zaromskis
It's good to see Damon Killian finally getting the respect he deserves.

No disrespect intended, but your thread title is to post CURRENT top 10 p4p. Please list the things Conor McGregor, who had his last MMA win 942 days ago, has done to be considered a CURRENT top 10 pound for pound MMA fighter in the world. I'll wait ...

No disrespect taken, figured his inclusion would be a talking point.
There is no set criteria when making rankings. To me it comes down to I still believe he is either the best or second best 145lber out there. Has he proven it? No. I'm banking on the fact his age isn't really much a concern to me in thinking he has fallen off. The IV ban is a concern but ultimately the belief that he potentially the champ still at 145 was enough to give him the final spot. The first 9 placements we're a lot easier for.me than the 10th, I nearly gave it to Joey B but figured that was given 125 too much love most likely.

1. Bob Sapp
2. Ivan Emelianenko
3. CM Punk
4. Papy Abedy
5. Gerard Gordeau
6. Mike Goldberg
7. Fallon Fox
8. Joe Son
9. Lisa Ann
10. Carl Brutananadilewski
Carl! Yeaaaaahhhhh...tonight!!

Poirier at 7 is the only thing that's offensive.

Tony is certainly better.

Whittaker at 7 is a fucking joke. He has 0 title defenses and quit on fight day and forfeited the title against Gastelum. Thread failed before it started
Blame Yoel's fat ass for him not having a defense. Pretty sure he's still the champion and will fight Adesanya towards the end of the year to prove he's still the best.

I was going to say good list but 7 and 10 are wtf picks IMO.
Did top 12 to include most of the champs. Whitaker IMO is barely top 5 in his division and P4P could be extended to 20 and putting him in would be difficult af, so I'm not going to try.

1 Jones(GOAT)
2 MM(#2 GOAT IMO)
3 Tony(12 wins in a row to Khabib's 11, not champ anymore but harder opponents)
4 Marty(10-0 versus Khabib's 11-0 but think he's been more impressive in that span, champ of a division that IMO and the opinion of some others surpassed 155 recently)
5 Khabib(11-0)
6 Yoel(he's 9-2 in the UFC with the two losses to Whitaker that I think he won, almost put him at number 5, was unsure if his age helped him or hurt him on this list, decided on it hurt him after deliberating cause this list reflects current ability. Giving him credit for his losses and putting the so called champ out of commission don't feel bad about that one)
7 Cjuedo(9-2 in the UFC with his two losses coming to two fighters who I have on this list. Only dude who ever finished him was also the GOAT and no one's done better against larger people IMO ever than Henry. This is why he's above Max in particular, Max showed that he's very dependent on his division to succeed)
8 Volk(7-0 in the UFC, he's as high as he is because he's undefeated and I think he's going to wreck Max Holloway. Might be the Joneish figure of the 2020s. I think of any fighter in the UFC, he has the best chance of being that guy. He's also undefeated over a long enough stretch to make the list IMO).
9 Max(16-4 in the UFC, his 13 wins in a row are up there all time, but Dustin just proved that first loss was no fluke and now Max looks like a guy who's dominated his division in AS/GSP fashion because his opponents have almost always have been good matchups. Still 13 wins in insane and one loss shouldn't drop him off the list)
10 Joe B(14-3 in the UFC, 2 of his 3 losses come to a would be GOAT and he has a win over Henry. That win gives him a narrow edge over DC to get on to this list. Joe B also came much closer to beating MM back in the day than DC did Jones and you don't get credit for simply fighting Jones twice).
11 DC(11-2 in the UFC, two losses to the GOAT though I consider the Gus fight a loss as well. Beating Stipe was impressive but it's HW come on and just showed how little size advantage for even the best HW's means against a more skilled opponent. Stipe is not number 12 for a reason.
12 Bader(deserves his recognition as champ champ of LHW and HW after going 15-5 in the UFC and being unceremoniously cut)
13 Phil Davis(almost beat Bader twice, never finished in his entire career,9-3 in the UFC before going to Bellator and playing second fiddle to Bader)
14 Israel(6-0 in the UFC, his resume is light and he almost got nuked by a guy seven inches shorter. Reason he's above Stipe is cause he ALMOST got KO'd by a guy that much shorter while Stipe did. Stipe's resume is longer and more impressive and this could really go either way)
15 Stipe(he's below Davis and Israel cause he got nuked by DC, most defenses in division history and only one loss so he gets here 12-3 in the UFC)
16 Dustin(um....he's a champ I guess. He beat Max twice and all but he lost......to Conor.)
This is perhaps the worst list I've seen. How on earth is Yoel at 6 but Whittaker isn't even ranked? Adesanya has one credible win and is still ranked above Whittaker. Even if you give Yoel the second fight which is a stretch considering at best I thought he got a draw he clearly lost the first fight 3 rounds to 2. To suggest Usman has been more impressive than Khabib is asinine. To suggest Joe B should be above DC is just laughable. If you're trolling I'll admit you at least gave me a good laugh. Otherwise;
SourFlusteredCoelacanth-small.gif

Back