Sherdog Is Too Cluttered And Here Is The Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are too many worthless posts and worse yet, not actual posts but just pictures and gifs with no words from the poster included. In order to keep people from having to scroll past unsubstantial post after insubstantial post, Sherdog should have 3 levels.

The first level would be for posters who have the mentality to post something as irrelevant as a picture from a teen soap opera as an entire post or to post something as worthless as "Didn't read"! Those posts have no intellectual substance and only clutter the forum. For people whose capabilities are so low that those types of posts are pretty much all they can do, put them in level one.

The second level would be for posters who are making a sincere attempt at writing posts with intellectual substance but fall short anyway. The test determining which level a poster should be in should be an I.Q. test. People who legitimately try (unlike level one posters) but just aren't too smart should be in level two.

Level three would be for posters who have scored at least 130 in the I.Q. test and don't waste people's time with posts such as "Didn't Read LOL" or posting a picture of something unrelated to MMA with no words from the poster with which to give the post some intellectual substance.

This system would weed out the vast majority of posts that serve to do nothing but clutter the forum for the serious posters who have the ability and desire to write quality posts.

The number of members and engagements is how Sherdog is able to sell to advertisers and pay their staffs to run this site. It's business. Sherdog gotta make the number.

Truly intelligent contributors simply filter out the garbage. It isn't that hard. This is a public forum and everyone - even people who aren't too clever - have the right to contribute.

If I have an IQ above 150 can I post any gif I want with impunity?

47089-Theres-no-cure-for-being-a-cun-ZmXR.gif

Buddeh...

There are times when the perfect gif says it all.

You know... a picture is worth a thousand words ???

I could have done without your post though. Cluttering up my shit.

Hey... I got a gif for you pal.

l0cWpo.gif

The number of members and engagements is how Sherdog is able to sell to advertisers and pay their staffs to run this site. It's business. Sherdog gotta make the number.

I contend they would attract more members by splitting the forums such as UFC Discussion into 3 levels so that no members would be lost but prospective members who would join if only the forums weren't so cluttered finally would join.

News if true.

IQ tests don't accurately measure intelligence and definitely can't prevent posts with little substance.
No? But maybe if we were able to unlock the hidden power of the IQ test and harness it for.the sake of Sherdog.net...(?)

Where is Ja? I'd like his opinion on this.

I contend they would attract more members by splitting the forums such as UFC Discussion into 3 levels so that no members would be lost but prospective members who would join if only the forums weren't so cluttered finally would join.

Nah, there are peak times... but at least half a day out of every 24hour day, this forum is pretty dead... like now for example.

Just remove the like button this isnt facebook

News if true.

No? But maybe if we were able to unlock the hidden power of the IQ test and harness it for.the sake of Sherdog.net...(?)

Where is Ja? I'd like his opinion on this.
Like an MMAIQ test. There should also be a phone interview to make sure we get only SERIOUS candidates for this prestigious forum about people punching eachother in their underwear

IQ scores rise with every generation. 130 is the new 100.

True in a way. It's like how 7 inches is the new 6 inches. Talking dicks here.

HOWEVER, the ways of measuring IQ constantly change, whereas the ways of measuring your dick are constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back