Sherdog Is Too Cluttered And Here Is The Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
There are too many worthless posts and worse yet, not actual posts but just pictures and gifs with no words from the poster included. In order to keep people from having to scroll past unsubstantial post after insubstantial post, Sherdog should have 3 levels.

The first level would be for posters who have the mentality to post something as irrelevant as a picture from a teen soap opera as an entire post or to post something as worthless as "Didn't read"! Those posts have no intellectual substance and only clutter the forum. For people whose capabilities are so low that those types of posts are pretty much all they can do, put them in level one.

The second level would be for posters who are making a sincere attempt at writing posts with intellectual substance but fall short anyway. The test determining which level a poster should be in should be an I.Q. test. People who legitimately try (unlike level one posters) but just aren't too smart should be in level two.

Level three would be for posters who have scored at least 130 in the I.Q. test and don't waste people's time with posts such as "Didn't Read LOL" or posting a picture of something unrelated to MMA with no words from the poster with which to give the post some intellectual substance.

This system would weed out the vast majority of posts that serve to do nothing but clutter the forum for the serious posters who have the ability and desire to write quality posts.

giphy.gif

Post a gif of your reaction when reading the OP.

Edit: I can't post gif's cuz my IQ is above 130.

Didn't read a fucking word, holy shit

IQ test sucks and doesn't determine the level at which the person operates in life. On the other hand, I agree there is a lot of rubbish being posted.

IQ tests don't accurately measure intelligence and definitely can't prevent posts with little substance.

Da internet is serious business.

Personally I sometimes post in the other sub forums for a bit because the UFC forum gets overrun with garbage especially afte big news or events. Seems like, Mayberry, Plats, and WWMMA gets less of the garbage posters. I agree sometimes it becomes to unbearable to look through 10 pages of arguing, idiocy, and trolling to discuss a subject that interests you.

TS needs an emotional support dog.

There are too many worthless posts and worse yet, not actual posts but just pictures and gifs with no words from the poster included. In order to keep people from having to scroll past unsubstantial post after insubstantial post, Sherdog should have 3 levels.

The first level would be for posters who have the mentality to post something as irrelevant as a picture from a teen soap opera as an entire post or to post something as worthless as "Didn't read"! Those posts have no intellectual substance and only clutter the forum. For people whose capabilities are so low that those types of posts are pretty much all they can do, put them in level one.

The second level would be for posters who are making a sincere attempt at writing posts with intellectual substance but fall short anyway. The test determining which level a poster should be in should be an I.Q. test. People who legitimately try (unlike level one posters) but just aren't too smart should be in level two.

Level three would be for posters who have scored at least 130 in the I.Q. test and don't waste people's time with posts such as "Didn't Read LOL" or posting a picture of something unrelated to MMA with no words from the poster with which to give the post some intellectual substance.

This system would weed out the vast majority of posts that serve to do nothing but clutter the forum for the serious posters who have the ability and desire to write quality posts.

You know when you read the first 8 words of a post and realize, this is going to be a shit post and the guy is just filling in his post with garbage to make it seem "relevant"?

This is one example.

OP, while that may be a good solution for you, it sucks.

Let's say your idea gets implemented. Guess what??? Sherdog will have 50-100 members that will want take the time to take the test, let's say they all pass it. Sherdog is down to 100 members. Now, you see all the ads all over sherdog?? How do you think sherdog operates?? How do you think the staff get paid?? Where do you think funding comes from??

Useless posts and users, while worthless to you, they're a needed evil to the community and to sherdog for the IP hits.

All this bitching about IQ this and IQ that, yet you lack a simple understanding of advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back