Sherdog Has Migrated (Report Issues Here) [Search engine not available for now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has the Evolve Media maintenance already happened, or is it being delayed?

The maintenance should be ongoing but it does not require the forum to be closed the way it was for the migration.

There might not even be any downtime, we have the banner up in case posters experience issues.

There is no search within a thread within advanced search. Will this feature be added or is it somewhere else?
Thanks.

I surf Sherdog on my phone, and used to seeing the 'search forum' button on the top right above threads in each forum.

Was it moved? Now hidden somewhere?

Why is the search function no longer in the website?

Why can’t I view threads myself or other users have created anymore? It’s making site navigation difficult.

Thank you

Maybe it's down? I'm pretty sure I simply got blocked from being able to do that because it happened immediately after I reported someone for constant trolling.

I clicked report and filled in the box, said something along the lines of "this guy is constantly trolling" and also put my response in the report message (which is obviously below). Why would I get blocked from seeing all members thread history for reporting an obvious troll? I very rarely report people.

So these are your threads lately...

I will cry if Tony loses April 18

Earlier today

Gaethje will leg kick Tony's chicken legs all night

Yesterday

Gathje is a very, very poor version of Khabib, will be a walk in the park for El Cucuy Tony Ferg

Your reaction Gaethje beats Tony and Khabib late 2020

Yours was
source.gif

?????????? @clowning is a good name for you.

Maybe it's just down?

Last edited:
Yea, there is advanced search but it is pretty horrible and doesn’t find anything. Are we going to get the search function back?

Thanks.

just tried to link a thread that I made in 2018 and it told me there was a server error.

Excuse me, but after migration, if I go to my profile to search my contents (posts, threads ecc.) it tells me I have no contents.
Behold a screenshot.
Immagine.jpg

However my posts still exist, I can find them. Why am I not able to reach them through my profile?

Last edited:
I search for 'Stroman' in titles, but got zero results. So, then I made the same search for messages and got the following error message:

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

What gives?

I search for 'Stroman' in titles, but got zero results. So, then I made the same search for messages and got the following error message:

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

What gives?
There’s a few limitations that came as a result of our recent site migration. This is one of them. I think the best bet for me right now has been using the “advanced search” function. My understanding is that there is an intent to try and correct the issue, but I don’t believe we have any idea when that will happen.

There’s a few limitations that came as a result of our recent site migration. This is one of them. I think the best bet for me right now has been using the “advanced search” function. My understanding is that there is an intent to try and correct the issue, but I don’t believe we have any idea when that will happen.
I was using the 'advanced search function'. That's the only search option available, for ordinary users anyway.

Hi getting host error 520 from my home computer but works on my phone. Verizon fios is my service provider.

Hi getting host error 520 from my home computer but works on my phone. Verizon fios is my service provider.
I was having that issue but only just realized that the site address is forums.sherdog.com and not sherdog.net

I literally just figured this out.

Updated MediaBB code - that's for embedding (youtube, twitter)
Updated Media Gallery - it uploads from url but still doesn't upload from your files, that's a permissions issue. I don't want to get bogged down trying to figure it out because I want to get search done. We'll circle the drain back to media gallery.
Updated enhanced search
Installed enhanced search improvements for https support
Installed elastic search server 6.0.1
Search index is rebuilding. Looks like it will take about 20 hours

There's errors in the search index. The DBA is looking into it. It's still not done indexing. I hope we can just alter the table to make it work.

just reporting i’ve been unable to search individual user’s posts for the past two days

When I click on Your Content under my profile tab I get:

The search could not be completed. Please try again later.

Anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back