Sherdog has become a fanboy haven !

PLATINUMBLESS

I think it's gotten worse, in the past the fandom would be based around a fighters fight or opponent and fighting, now it's stupid shit spammed all over the board with multiple threads repeatedly daily. I do believe a percentage of it is done deliberately with a fighters representation to drive a fighter's social media profile. And I don't blame the fighters who are behind it. I blame the mods for not addressing the spamming by not allowing the nonsense or by not creating sub forms for it.

How dare the fans have fun online

If that's your idea of fun you should just go hangout on the youtube comment section. This guy is making a good point. You have to scroll through two pages of shit to find someone that's posting a serious question or interesting thought about a fighter or fight coming up. Up until the McGregor show I could never understand why someone would hate a fighter just because of his fans. Now I totally get it.

When I joined in 2005, that's what long time posters said about my "generation." Me and my generation started saying the same about people who joined a few years later. The cycle repeats, it has very little to do with quality of poster, just like everything else in life there are just trends that come and go.

I remember coming here in 2012 and before and there would be legit MMA discussion with the rare fanboy threads. Now, main page is filled with "Who has best dad bod," "Conor is the greatest," "Ronda is ugly," and "Mike Perry is the most alpha male, sexy person, blah blah blah."

Personally, I blame the moderators who have lowered their standards to a pathetically unacceptable level. I have no issues with an occassional lighthearted thread like "BJ Penn at the airport" or "Me and mah boyz in Jersey" which the forum went crazy on, but what was the fringe and childish has now become main stream. I get the feeling most of the people on this forum are under 25 and only got into the UFC after Conor and/or Ronda made it big.

<mma4>

Maybe the old MODS retired and we're left with the snowlflake generation of millennial MODS who are too busy sipping on their cappuccino and trying to appease their feminists overlords in hopes of a handy.

lol, sherdog is basically an alt-right safe space, so this doesn't make sense.

It was only Fedor fans before.

Then the Ronda horde rose and fell. Still waiting on a Ronda win before they resurrect.

Then Conor Gang predicted his record breaking success and they were right and they are the fanboys in power at the moment.

Mike Perry fans are just trying to act like Conor fans and its embarassing.

Back