Sherdog front page predicting Woodley to KO Lawler in 1st round

MachidaNo1Fan

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Lol. Does anyone take these predictions in consideration for betting decisions?

To be fair, it's that guy Connor Ruebusch. Pretty bold prediction but he thinks Lawler's wars have caught up with him. Certainly a legit concern.

Lawler and Woodley are tacticians. They benefit from strategic minds in the corner, but when the fight picks up, both men tend to go with the flow, reacting to the fight as it unfolds. Lately, this trait has proven problematic for Lawler. Despite possessing a beautiful jab and a dizzying array of combinations, Lawler all but shut down in his fight with Condit, essentially waiting for the one big shot that would end the fight. That could have been a reaction to Condit’s volume, and Lawler could come out looking renewed with a patient tactician like Woodley in front of him; or it could presage a sudden decline for the late-in-life welterweight champ. This is as much a gut pick as anything, but every fighter hits the point of no return sooner or later; and with a puncher like Woodley, who has consistently refined his game over the past few years, Lawler will not have the luxury of a comfortable adjustment period. The pick is Woodley by first-round knockout.
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Preview-UFC-201-Lawler-vs-Woodley-109109#j8DTUXF55wBbfpks.99

Oh how many doubt Robbie, they will learn. They always do.

who the hell reads sherdogs website?

After all the upsets in 2016 would it really surprise anyone if woodley does win?

It's possible. Robbie was hurt by Hendricks, possibly Ellenberger, Brown, Rory, and Condit. It's just a matter of time before that chin gives out.

Majority predicted Henricks would beat Lawler, Macodonald & Condit would beat him....i stopped predicting a Lawler loss at that Macdonald fight...

Well Chuck had a pretty similar fighting style to Lawler, fierce chin to back it up. And then one day it was just completely and totally gone.

I don't understand why so many people are counting out Woodley when Robbie could have been 0-3 in his last 3.

He lost to Hendricks.

Was going to a toss up decision before Rory's nose exploded. I had it 2-2 going into the fifth.

Condit fight was one of worst gifted decisions ever.

I read on MMAjunkie today that over the past couple years Lawler is the most hit fighter. Not a continued recipe for success even if he gets by Woodley.

I don't understand why so many people are counting out Woodley when Robbie could have been 0-3 in his last 3.

He lost to Hendricks.

Was going to a toss up decision before Rory's nose exploded. I had it 2-2 going into the fifth.

This doesn't make sense. How was it almost 0-3 if he finished Rory? No decision but a TKO.

Well Chuck had a pretty similar fighting style to Lawler, fierce chin to back it up. And then one day it was just completely and totally gone.
Chris Leben as well. You can only depend on your chin for offense so long. They don't last in this game.

This doesn't make sense. How was it almost 0-3 if he finished Rory? No decision but a TKO.
Thanks for grabbing the one thing you saw you didn't agree with but didn't take the context with it.

Yeah I was surprised as that too. Very bold prediction but who knows, could happen. I think Woodley has to finish it early if he's going to finish it at all. Longer this goes on it favours lawler

No. Chuck was a counter-striker. Lawler is a brawler.

He lost to Hendricks.

Just like how people were saying Alvarez had nothing for RDA because he was supposed to be 0-3.

Its very possible and worth a bet on those odds.

This thread has serious bump potential lol.

Wont be surprised if Woodley has alot of new fans after this weekend.

Back