***Sherdog Forums 2016 MMA Awards Results***

I don't know how anyone ranks 205 over 199. It's not about who's on the card, it's about how well the card delivers.

Bisping almost loses by knockout en route to close decision wins over geriatric fighters, both of which were highly debatable, before and after scoring an obvious fluke win, and he gets fighter of the years? This forum is nuts.

Don't forget the second round.

Yeah, these aren't my picks. Poll results.

My choices:

EOTY: UFC 199
KOTY: Lando/Bisking....either is good with me
SOTY: Mackenzie Dern overall :p UFC specific i'd probably say Miesha. But for some reason she wasn't an option...heh. So voted Skelly.
Fight: Polo vs MDHK
Fighter: Dom after 207
I'd put Lando's ko over Bispings. Rockhold had already been knocked out twice before. It's kind of crazy how fight of the year and arguably the best ko of the year were on the same card. What makes it more awesome is all the stupid casuals didn't tune in.

Why would a textbook sub against someone who isn't that good at JJ be Submission of the Year?

Homeless Infant is awesome so i'm assuming he got these from a poll done here or something. There are a bunch of subs better than Nate over Conor.
Yes the 5 threads that were stickied for a week

Yes the 5 threads that were stickied for a week

Why are you saying that like a snarky prick? You think everyon lives on here and reads every single section of the forum or something?

I see the threads on the main Sherdog page and that's about it.

LAL. A lucky win over Rockhold, and two controversial wins against old past it fighters = fighter of the year.

1. Conor
2. Cruz

The only vote that matters.

Fight of the Year

Cub Swanson vs Doo Ho Choi - UFC 206
USATSI_9739363_168382968_lowres.jpg

Submission of the Year

Nate Diaz's Rear Naked Choke vs Conor McGregor - UFC 196
hwYTlVQ.gif

Knockout of the Year

Michael Bisping's "Left Hook Larry" vs Luke Rockhold - UFC 199
CwW6NgI.gif

Event of the Year

UFC 205
20161113133559%21UFC_205_event_poster.jpg

Fighter of the Year

UFC Middleweight Champion, Michael Bisping
bisping-jpg.177473

GJ H.I. looks like this took a lot of work. that's why they pay you the big bucks.

Submission of the Year is not accurate at all. lol

Rothwell choking out Barnett is number 1.

Fucking Conor influencing awards. lol

I agree it wasn't the most technically impressive submission this year, but like the Holm KO last year, it just carried that much extra weight with it.

I agree it wasn't the most technically impressive submission this year, but like the Holm KO last year, it just carried that much extra weight with it.

Not even close. There was nothing impressive about it. lol

It was a gassed out little guy with no JJ getting choked out by a legit MMA JJ stud.

Anyone who knows the sport knew that it was gonna happen anyway. I'd say the rematch of Conor vs Nate was way more surprising.

I'm not saying it wasn't good. I just felt that 199 delivered from start to finish. 205 had filler even on the main card.
Yeah, I had 199 too.

Nice Bisping wins 2 awards and rightfully so.

To me Submission of the year should go to Tate. Lost every round and was losing the 5th and pulled off the late submission anyway.

This.
But all the nominees were better than Conor one.
The forum has loads of people that dislike Conor, so of course that sub won the poll.

6 vote difference between Conor and Bisping for Fighter of the year.

Back