CwW6NgI.gif

Event of the Year

UFC 205
20161113133559%21UFC_205_event_poster.jpg

Fighter of the Year

UFC Middleweight Champion, Michael Bisping
bisping-jpg.177473

Submission of the Year is not accurate at all. lol

Rothwell choking out Barnett is number 1.

Fucking Conor influencing awards. lol

I think this is a prediciton?

I think Tate putting Holm to sleep for UFC gold takes best sub. Going into the 5th and final rd, Tate knew she was behind on the score cards and needed a finish. In the final 2 minutes, she got Holly's back like she did in the 2nd rd, only this time she showed all her heart and determination, holding onto Holly even after the big flip attempt. It was a down to the wire upset, and 'Cupcake' showed one last time why she used to be called 'Takedown'.

"So you're a wrestler now?" Nah, Mac knew it was all over even before his half assed takedown attempt. No gas left in the tank.

I agree with this. Glad it's Bisping and not Conor though. Can't lose a fight and win against that competition. Not fighter of the year.

I believe it's Stipe over Bisping. Bisping getting his ass kicked by Anderson and Dan and barely surviving but out scoring them makes me put him lower. Still an awesome top 5 year.

But Stipe beating Arlovski, Werdum and Overeem is pretty legit shit at HW where it's a KO possibility every punch.

Also Cowboy with his 4 wins is up there but maybe not over Bisping/Stipe.

and if Nunes beats Rousey than i'd have Nunes at number 1.Beating Shevchenko, Tate and Rousey is an amazing year.

To me Submission of the year should go to Tate. Lost every round and was losing the 5th and pulled off the late submission anyway.

I don't think he picked it because it was against Conor. It was really a textbook sub. Nate did everything right.

I don't think he picked it because it was against Conor. It was really a textbook sub. Nate did everything right.

Why would a textbook sub against someone who isn't that good at JJ be Submission of the Year?

Homeless Infant is awesome so i'm assuming he got these from a poll done here or something. There are a bunch of subs better than Nate over Conor.

To me Submission of the year should go to Tate. Lost every round and was losing the 5th and pulled off the late submission anyway.

That was my 2nd choice. That one was the only sub that got me to jump up with joy. Incredible moment.

Don't forget the second round.

Homeless Infant is awesome so i'm assuming he got these from a poll done here or something. There are a bunch of subs better than Nate over Conor.
Yeah, these aren't my picks. Poll results.

My choices:

EOTY: UFC 199
KOTY: Lando/Bisking....either is good with me
SOTY: Mackenzie Dern overall :p UFC specific i'd probably say Miesha. But for some reason she wasn't an option...heh. So voted Skelly.
Fight: Polo vs MDHK
Fighter: Dom after 207

Fuck that shit, Skelly should have gotten it.

Got an exotic choke in like 2 seconds.

Fuck that shit, Skelly should have gotten it.

Got an exotic choke in like 2 seconds.

BANNED

Skelly sub was great for sure. But Blanco is no Barnett.

Ben getting Josh in that sub was still the best. That or Miesha over Holm.

Last edited:
Both UFC 199 and UFC 206 were greater than UFC 205 in terms of actual fight quality, divisional importance and the progression of fighters afterwards. But there were no "megastars" on them, so they got behind in polls. Still UFC 199 is the best for me.

How the dick did I never see the submission of the year poll? :(

Wow. Just checked out the submission of the year thread and there wasn't even one mention of Maia submitting Condit and becoming the first man in ten years to finish Condit and doing it in like 90 seconds. I'm disappoint.

Good stuff, guys. Sounds about right to me. I do think that UFC 199 was the best event in quality of fights, but who can go past that monumental inaugural NY card for sheer anticipation and excitement, culminating in a performance for the ages.

How the dick

indeed. how the dick did you miss that? <43>

Wow. Just checked out the submission of the year thread and there wasn't even one mention of Maia submitting Condit and becoming the first man in ten years to finish Condit and doing it in like 90 seconds. I'm disappoint.

I'm blame @Homeless Infant and his rampant antisemitism.

I believe it's Stipe over Bisping. Bisping getting his ass kicked by Anderson and Dan and barely surviving but out scoring them makes me put him lower. Still an awesome top 5 year.

But Stipe beating Arlovski, Werdum and Overeem is pretty legit shit at HW where it's a KO possibility every punch.

Also Cowboy with his 4 wins is up there but maybe not over Bisping/Stipe.

and if Nunes beats Rousey than i'd have Nunes at number 1.Beating Shevchenko, Tate and Rousey is an amazing year.

I voted for Stipe too.

Back