Sherdog Forum: Members Q&A 2015 Edition

Phanuel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sherdog members this thread is to ask any questions you like about the Sherdog forum.

General questions about this forum.

Have questions for another poster? Ask right here.

Have questions for moderators? Ask right here.

Anything you have been wondering about, feel free to ask.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll get it going with these questions:

#1: This site seems to be filled with negative - trolls - but I always wondered who the most helpful poster was? A poster who contributes something useful with every post?

#2: Since Sherwood sold Sherdog in 09? Did he retain the forum side or was that apart of the deal?

#3: After making a thread many members and viewers are seen looking at the thread ..."But" ....if you make a thread or post and "edit" the thread or post ....viewers and posters drop off dramatically ....this leads me to wonder .....is Sherdog filled with A.I bots spamming the boards with posts? and the "edit" function somehow becomes a glitch in their program?

#4: Who were the first five moderators on this forum and are they still around?

#5: Worth making a "Sherdog Forums Awards" at the end of the year?

#1: This site seems to be filled with negative - trolls - but I always wondered who the most helpful poster was? A poster who contributes something useful with every post?

Reported.

Did we ever find out if Det_Kimble was a man or a woman?

I like the idea for #5.

Also reported.

op, how many times have you been banned? id say at least twenty times.

Is it possible to unban old accounts or get Positive Balance back? I'd like to see how he feels about McGregor vs Penn someday.

Can we vote to mod or de-mod someone one day? Just for fun? Like even for a day. Mod-for-a-day contest!

If we wanted to go back and delete every trace of our presence on Sherdog, would that be possible? Like, without going back and searching and editing your posts down to a few periods?

op, how many times have you been banned? id say at least twenty times.

That's pretty close...

Back in 04 I created two accounts, posted with just one till about 2006 then found an old piece of paper with both accounts and pw's on it, so I decided to post with the other one .....*Boom, what do you you know, some mod was on the ball that day - noticed my IP was connected to my other main account. Banned within seconds for having multiple accounts.

So I created a new one ...and well the spiral continued from there, every account afterwards was banned because it was all connected to the original - after some time I said screw it and started hiding behind "veils" and doing a little "trolling" with half truths - nothing nefarious, it was fun - took a break, now I'm back like the mother fuckin Mack.

[YT]uB1D9wWxd2w[/YT]

I'm just a straight as an arrow 64 year old looking to kill time ...waiting for that moment to stare death eye to eye.

#3 is spot on. They also sometimes glitch and get stuck on a phrase. Huge if true.

Is it possible to unban old accounts or get Positive Balance back? I'd like to see how he feels about McGregor vs Penn someday.

Can we vote to mod or de-mod someone one day? Just for fun? Like even for a day. Mod-for-a-day contest!

If we wanted to go back and delete every trace of our presence on Sherdog, would that be possible? Like, without going back and searching and editing your posts down to a few periods?

Lol love the questions, other feel free to chime in, but here's my 2cents:

#1PB is back, He use to make some awesome art work of Fedor, Penn, Sakuraba ..ect... Hint: His Avatar is sporting one of those men.

#2: That would funny to see who gets modded/ demodded, would lead to some crazy shenanigans and maybe Armageddon.

#3: Follow 322 footsteps - he gave you the blueprint....but it's gonna cost ya...:wink:

Also be aware, even if you deleted your posts from most viewers eyes, once its on the net...its not going anywhere, pretty sure even when posts are deleted they are still stored in the database that mods/admins have access too.

Wat ever happened to al the old bastards like, Donegal, Shooto Panama, Space Potato, etc..?

Did they died?

I still see DMF in the Plat. Forums every now and then, thanks Gawd. I never see Mr. Sherdog post anymore.

The weirdest sheet I ever seen was the nutjob Artof Fighting that used to go back and edit all of his posts.

He seemed extremely paranoid to me. I hope he is okay now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back