***Sherdog Exclusive***Top 3 Performance Supplements, by David Barr

best energy drink by far is VEMMA/VERVE! They're not sold in stores and are only advertised by pyramid scheme I highly recommend them. Check it out....

and....i predict teh ban in 5...4...3...2....

Brand new Carnitine study

: J Strength Cond Res. 2008 Jul;22(4):1130-5.Links
Effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on muscle oxygenation responses to resistance exercise.
Spiering BA, Kraemer WJ, Hatfield DL, Vingren JL, Fragala MS, Ho JY, Thomas GA, H

Nope don't like it and have had a load of successful clients that never touch it.

I'm not sure of it's actual benefits. I have taken it off and on for over 10 years. Started out with simple monohydrate and have taken CEE as of lately. I'm still not convinced.

I would take creatine off and put int whey protein. I'm biased as against creatine. I've heard it causes your muscles to intake more water for larger but softer appearance, can cause cramps (debunked I think), and has no long term studies.

I would take creatine off and put int whey protein. I'm biased as against creatine. I've heard it causes your muscles to intake more water for larger but softer appearance, can cause cramps (debunked I think), and has no long term studies.

LOL

So I take it our threads are still making the front page:rolleyes:

?
Never said they were true I said I heard that causing me to biased against it.

That's called spreading rumors. Go to pubmed.com and check out some creatine studies if you're interested.

Meh, I could care less about creatine I was just stating what info I was told when I was introduced to it (first impressions last long). Nothing against it, maybe I'll try some one day but for now I'm sticking to my protein and other supplements :).

Just letting you know that the information you are spreading is bullshit and makes you look like an idiot to anyone with half a clue. If you aren't interested in creatine you're probably best off keeping that opinion to yourself. And I mean that in the nicest possible way. Good luck with training.

I understand since I've posted it people can see it and it could be a means of spreading that information but I think it would be very different if I was going on a rant about how bad it is ignoring what everyone would be saying. But that aside ty.

I'm not convinced with any of these supplements anymore ARGH!! I'm going to just take my Greens and Fish Oil for about a month and see if I have any negative effects!

Creatine hmm benefits and negatives. Fact people respond differently and would prove creatine to be 10/10 while others just minorly responding.
And again infact creatine actually is good for you, and can even help the vital organs with right intake(water/creatine)
Creatine can take away water from organs, but with proper amounts(h2o), the body is leveled out, and can benefit from the excess water, and water weight if your looking for gym performance.

Vedic and Mr. Barr - what are your takes on Citrulline Malate? I know the nitric oxide is a scam, but I've still read positive things about Citrulline, specifically during aerobic exercise.

Edit: Sorry, just found DB's article about Citrulline on his website. Wow, interesting to say the least, I think I'll actually be holding off on the Citrulline. Once again money saved thanks to DB.

Also just throwing this out there for anyone who's interested - MAN Body Octane has

1) beta-Alanine (in doses of 1,600 mg; taken 4 times a day that comes out to 6.4 grams, which I believe is the exact amount shown to be maximally effective, but don't quote me on it),

2) Citrulline Malate (in doses of 3.5 g; twice a day that comes out to 7 grams which is usually recommended)

3) L-Carnitine Tartrate, like Mr. Barr has recommended (in doses of 1g, taken twice daily that comes out to 2 grams, which is usually recommended)

and as an added bonus, Glucuronolactone and methylcobalamin (the form of B12 you really want; cyanocobalamin is mostly junk)

I just noticed this after reading this article. I'm definitely picking some up.

Back