***Sherdog Exclusive***Top 3 Performance Supplements, by David Barr

Interesting read, especially the final one. I hadn't known anything about Carnitine other than that I had thought I heard it was banned in Canada. From a quick google, it seems that includes the importing of it and that you now require a prescription for it as it's been relabeled from a supplement to a drug.

Does anyone understand this? Seriously.
How is carnitine a drug while creatine is not? And how is ephedrine legally available while carnitine is not?

Does anyone understand this? Seriously.
How is carnitine a drug while creatine is not? And how is ephedrine legally available while carnitine is not?

No, I don't understand it. It make me believe there truly are monkeys running the show in the supplement regulation department here in Canada.

No, I don't understand it. It make me believe there truly are monkeys running the show in the supplement regulation department here in Canada.

So do you know that carnitine is definitely illegal in Canada? I tried a Google search out of curiosity but apparently I need to hone my Google skills. That's just crazy if it's truly banned, almost unbelievable.

So do you know that carnitine is definitely illegal in Canada? I tried a Google search out of curiosity but apparently I need to hone my Google skills. That's just crazy if it's truly banned, almost unbelievable.

I had looked into it when STWACoach had posted info about ALCAR...and it looks like at one point in time it wasn't illegal, but due to being toted as a highly effective weight loss supplement, the gov't decided it should only be available by prescription.

Trying to navigate the Health Canada website is enough to illicit a frustration-induced seizure. I did find this, though. Check the second recall down.

Drug Recall Listings - Sorted by Recalling Firm

The only objection I have to creatine use is that everything that I've heard said that once you stop useing creatine that you lose like 95% of the gains you got while taking it. Is this false?

I had looked into it when STWACoach had posted info about ALCAR...and it looks like at one point in time it wasn't illegal, but due to being toted as a highly effective weight loss supplement, the gov't decided it should only be available by prescription.

Trying to navigate the Health Canada website is enough to illicit a frustration-induced seizure. I did find this, though. Check the second recall down.

Drug Recall Listings - Sorted by Recalling Firm

That is so ridiculous. Do they not bother to look at independent studies that show it doesn

Vedic and KK:

Do you guys not recommend it as a staple for it's potential (albeit slight) effects on overall weight?

Here's a question regarding all 3 supplements. I probably already know the answer but I want to make sure anyway. Dont ask me why but I perfer to measure out my Creatine, BA and CLT on a spoon seperately then take a gulp of water and down it. Are there any studies that suggest that is not a good way to take it? As in I SHOULD disolve the powders in a liquid first or doesnt it matter? Thanks.

Here's a question regarding all 3 supplements. I probably already know the answer but I want to make sure anyway. Dont ask me why but I perfer to measure out my Creatine, BA and CLT on a spoon seperately then take a gulp of water and down it. Are there any studies that suggest that is not a good way to take it? As in I SHOULD disolve the powders in a liquid first or doesnt it matter? Thanks.

The water is merely acting as a suspension; the powders dissolve but that's just a physical change to the system. No chemical reaction occurs between it and the water, so whether you mix it first or drop it in your mouth is irrelevant.

The water is merely acting as a suspension; the powders dissolve but that's just a physical change to the system. No chemical reaction occurs between it and the water, so whether you mix it first or drop it in your mouth is irrelevant.

Gracias

Glutamine? I've always heard the benefits of recovery, though while taking it pre / post never noticed anything. Shit was chalky as hell.

This thread is great for both your input.

I've never heard of Carnitine, thanks for the suggestion!

Back