***Sherdog Exclusive***Top 3 Core Supplements For Combat Athletes, by David Barr

And NOW it looks like I'm gonna have to get some apple cider vinegar too...

And NOW it looks like I'm gonna have to get some apple cider vinegar too...

White powder, fizzing green mixtures.....in mixing bottles

In a public service department......

Don't go in with a scalf on

I'm starting to look like a god damn alchemist here at the station. every day I come in and I mix measure out whey, mix it with creatine, count out 10 fish oil caps and bag them with three multivitamins, now I'm gonna go get a greens supplement to add to my already green (thanks to cruciferous leafy greens) smoothies, and some BA... maybe I should get some BCAA's while I'm out. how many of those am I supposed to take? 1g for every 10lbs bodyweight? sweet...

Yep, ACV too.

These 3 supps (Protein, Greens and Fish oil) are pretty well known and used around here, but it's good to get a nice summary of WHY and it can act as a FAQ for new readers as well.

I cant find any greens supplements here in Croatia..

Do commercial supp firms (e.g. Universal, Twinlab, Weider) make them?

please help guys.. thanks.

I cant find any greens supplements here in Croatia..

Do commercial supp firms (e.g. Universal, Twinlab, Weider) make them?

please help guys.. thanks.

Try and look for Spirulina. It's cheaper to get it in powder form than tablets. But you might not be able to stomach the taste.

Great info!

I was just wondering how you feel about studies that show that Omega-3 in dosing of 2+g per day will decrease aggression!

Do you feel that this could effect MMA, kickboxing, BJJ training & pefermance?

Ya dude. Greens + is well known/used/like/respected around here.

Great info, glad I have been using them already.

Try and look for Spirulina. It's cheaper to get it in powder form than tablets. But you might not be able to stomach the taste.

yeah, I herad of Spirulina by Twinlab. Guy told me that Spirulina is some kind of food for astronauts and stuff. Is it similar to greens+?

Where can I buy those " green supplement " ?

What are their names ?

Thanks for the great reports David. I went and purchased Carnitine, beta-alinine, and fish oil as per your recommendations. Ive got a question about the fish oil pills i got though.

The ones I bought are calle MaxEPA and come in 1 g capsules. It says that they are 30% omega-3 fatty acids. The recommended dosage is 1 capsule, twice a day with meals. However, your guide says to take 5-10 daily (which is what I have been doing for about a week now). Why do you suggest taking a significantly higher dosage than what it says on the bottle?

Back