***Sherdog Exclusive***Top 3 Core Supplements For Combat Athletes, by David Barr

MikeMartial

Black Belt
Reaction score
This article was written by David Barr, exclusively for Sherdog D&S. The original text can be found on his website, at RaiseTheBarr.net, here.

***Sherdog Exclusive***

The Top 3 Core Supplements for Combat Athletes

By David Barr

Combat athletes (CA

2. Green Supplements

What Is It?

This is a class of supplements designed around super concentrated vegetables and their extracts. There are several different formulas so the details differ, but these supplements are invariably one shade of green or another.

What Does It Do?

These supplements have the benefit of providing us with many of the micronutrients and phytochemicals that we so often lack in our diet. Although it would be ideal to derive these from fruit and vegetable intake, this situation does not happen as often as we

Very good article, thank you Mr. Barr. And Thank you Mike for posting it.

Agreed. thank you so much Dave. 3 SherDog D&S exclusives, loaded with a ton of good info.

More great info, thanks a lot. I must say I've never heard of 1:1 carb:protein ratio after lifting. I might have to try it out.

Keep in mind, guys, this, and the two others, are articles David wrote FOR Sherdog...as in, a few days ago. David is a well-known and highly respected nutritional writer, and has decided to make Sherdog D&S forum an outlet where he can be accessible to people. If you have questions directly for him, post them up here or in the other exclusive threads.

Sweet, those three are already the core of my supplementation.

Thanks for the articles, Dave. Very cool.

Going to go and buy some fish oil supplements directly. Have never used them before but I see I hav ebeen missing out.

quick question:

I am a vegetarian *please dont flame* would fish oil go against that?

quick question:

I am a vegetarian *please dont flame* would fish oil go against that?

What
the
fuck.

Is fish oil a form of vegetable? I'm thinking you SHOULD be taking fish oil. It may help with slowly firing neural synapses.

MM.... I think its time to put back your old sig on people are morons if they're not taking fish oils.

I'm starting to look like a god damn alchemist here at the station. every day I come in and I mix measure out whey, mix it with creatine, count out 10 fish oil caps and bag them with three multivitamins, now I'm gonna go get a greens supplement to add to my already green (thanks to cruciferous leafy greens) smoothies, and some BA... maybe I should get some BCAA's while I'm out. how many of those am I supposed to take? 1g for every 10lbs bodyweight? sweet...

Back