Sherdog.com significantly slows down your internet speed/ping

Seconds_Out

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have noticed that when I visit www.sherdog.com my computer internet slows down substantially. So I did a ping latency test and confirmed that my ping spikes up considerably with the Sherdog.com site open, and loading simple webpages takes a lot more time.

I've attached a screenshot of the ping and you can see it rises from a typical 25ms to 700ms.

The latency issue does not occur with other sites or the Sherdog Forum. My guess is the Quiz box on the page is the cause of the issue but I'm not entirely certain. Is it possible to have somebody take a look and fix this? This is impacting the experience for all readers. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• High Ping Sherdog.JPG
    High Ping Sherdog.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Normal Ping Sherdog.JPG
    Normal Ping Sherdog.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 17
  • quiz box.JPG
    quiz box.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 12
There are older 2016 threads on this but you're the first to admit exhibits into evidence. Judge Tachy of the Highest Dawg Order has said he'll look into an option for the viewer of disabling it.

Not too sure beyond that.

In terms of performance and usability, Sherdog is a dog.

Judge Tachy of the Highest Dawg Order

How do I get in touch with this honorable "Judge Tachy of the Highest Dawg Order"? lol

Or better yet I think if somebody can get forward this on or get in touch with the Sherdog web team that would be best.

Calling Dr. @Tachy, Dr. Judge Tachy of the Highest Dawg Order.

How do I get in touch with this honorable "Judge Tachy of the Highest Dawg Order"? lol

@Tachy is the Awesoministrator and Aristocratic Arachnid, Esq. of this here haunted corner of the Interwebz. A man of few words but many solutions, he was a cat named Eight in his former life but it was a life that came to an abrupt end when he was killed by @lsa in a Ragnarök-like battle for who was allowed to sit on the sunniest part of a wall. The remains of that cat were sniffed and then devoured by a lonely, basement-dwelling Rottweiler with acid reflux named Sher, which was known locally for the foulest of bowel movements as well as an obsession with licking table salt and the inability ever to learn anything. From the odours of that dog emerged this forum.

It is also true that I have no idea what I am talking about right now...but I digress.

Or better yet I think if somebody can get forward this on or get in touch with the Sherdog web team that would be best.

I see that one of the best mods of the Dawg, DJ Jazzy @jeicex, has got you covered. What service!

<{1-11}>

Back