Sherdog.com publishes "Top 10 Greatest WMMA fighters of all time" list. Do you agree?

Do you agree?

• Total voters
Beating decent fighters (in WMMA standards, not the best of the best WMMA fighters standards) for quite some time.

Flukes, hail marys, Sherbro skill analysis..... Ehh, all that is a discussion for another time
Meh, I disagree. Wouldn't be relevant without the "rivalry" with Ronda.

Modaferri was good until she got complacent and her development stagnated. Since she moved to the U.S. and trains full time I think, she's shown a lot of improvement.

Yeah, just wish she could see shit. Her vision is so poor that trying to strike at range she has Mr. Magoo level difficulty. Too bad, as she is very cool.

What has Tate done? She pulled a hail mary against Holm but before that her best win was Jessica Eye and a Passed prime Coenen which was also a hail mary. She has been brutalized and crushed multiple times. She isn't even a skillful fighter. Been in the game for 10 years and hasn't evolved at all.
Honestly, I agree with some of your points. I'm not a big fan of Miesha, I respect her for winning the belt, but I dislike some of her behavior (against Cat, or with that girl at the gas station).

That being said, her fights against McMann and Kedzie were great. She found a way to win, she never give up, and I can respect that. So, no, she isn't as skilled as a Valentina, for example, but she's clearly a dangerous fighter and a top aof the WBW.

I don't agree with Cyborg being #1, but I don't have any real opinions on how the ranking should be beyond that (edit: though now I've looked at it properly I'd probably change it quite a bit).

Imagine naming a list of greatest female athletes ever and having the top 10 all be East German athletes of the 70s-80s.
along with text like 'Eva Bormann proved that women could throw a shotput just as far or further than even most male olympians!'

if that doesn't feel right to you, neither does Cyborg #1 feel right to me for the same reason.
Except there is also the additional reason that Cyborg has fought much worse competition than most of that top 10. I'd have her outside the top 5 p4p just counting today's active women, for instance.

Last edited:
Meh, I disagree. Wouldn't be relevant without the "rivalry" with Ronda.

That fake TUF beef with Ronda gave her an unfair push in UFC, I agree. But that second run for a title shot? The winning streak Tate had before facing Holm? And beating the champ? (Even though you don't think she displayed much skill). All that was on Tate. It was good. To say at least

Exactly. Off the top of my head, Tsuji is a 5x defending Smackgirl champion. Mega Megu, I can't remember any title defenses or major promotion championships.

For me, anyway, because the Japanese promotions have, well, been somewhat shady with anything related to a title (and yeah, I am a Pride fan saying that) that it has always been more about the individual fighter than the title they held. Cannot speak for anyone else.

Was always a fan of Hisae Watanabe as well. IMO, hardest-hitting atomweight of all time.

tumblr_mj8ujgBN0G1r4c1k8o1_400.gif

tumblr_mj8ujgBN0G1r4c1k8o4_400.gif

That fake TUF beef with Ronda gave her an unfair push in UFC, I agree. But that second run for a title shot? The winning streak Tate had before facing Holm? And beating the champ? (Even though you don't think she displayed much skill). All that was on Tate. It was good. To say at least

Yeah, not a huge Tate fan (well, other than part of her) but she is great in scrambles, was beating higher-ranked competition than Ronda was fighting at the time, and on the night she fought for the title, she fought the fight of her life. I still would not have her on the list, though.

Fair enough but the best win on that win streak was Jessica Eye who should be in invicta.

I wouldn't have had Carano on the list (or at least as high), but I think it's a good list that was well defended. I actually have no problem with Carano being that high either, just a personal preference. I can easily see arguments of her being higher up on the list admittedly.

I would not have her on there at all either. Routinely fought smaller fighters who moved up for a payday, and only eight fights, one of which was an epic beat-down. Sure, she is hot and did a great job as the "face" of WMMA, but no ground game, and Kedzie was probably her toughest fight. On strength of schedule alone she should not be anywhere near a top ten list.

Might as well rank the 10 fastest segway riders on the trip down to mcdonalds

Surprised JAG hasn't been mentioned,on the list or in posts,Gina rightly tops almost ever 'hottest' list,but shouldn't be anywhere near this one.

For me, anyway, because the Japanese promotions have, well, been somewhat shady with anything related to a title (and yeah, I am a Pride fan saying that) that it has always been more about the individual fighter than the title they held. Cannot speak for anyone else.

Was always a fan of Hisae Watanabe as well. IMO, hardest-hitting atomweight of all time.

tumblr_mj8ujgBN0G1r4c1k8o1_400.gif

tumblr_mj8ujgBN0G1r4c1k8o4_400.gif

Shed be top 5 easily if it was just sturikers and for P4P power shes prolly #1 among female MMA fighters.

I would not have her on there at all either. Routinely fought smaller fighters who moved up for a payday, and only eight fights, one of which was an epic beat-down. Sure, she is hot and did a great job as the "face" of WMMA, but no ground game, and Kedzie was probably her toughest fight. On strength of schedule alone she should not be anywhere near a top ten list.
This.
OK, she was pretty, nice and had charisma, but there are female fighters more attractive than her, and who fought tougher competition. Michelle Waterson for example.

Cyborg over Rousey is just trolling and no I'm not a fan of RR and agree with everything Jack Slack said about her. You just can't ignore quality of opponent.
They each have fought two other girls on this particular top 10.

In retrospect, after the hype, Rousey beat Tate. Zingano and McMann are solid wins, but only top 10 wins on the technicality that there arent enough good fighters in that div to fill a top 10.

Tonya Evinge, Kelly Kobold and Elaina Maxwell were much better wins than Julie Kedzie. I would also like to point out that just about every 145'er fought undersized opponents at one point simply because the women's 145 weight class is so shallow (even more so back then).

Last edited:
That's more or less my reasoning. I feel she was so monumental towards female MMA merely due to her timing, entourage, and presence as a female fighter with the necessary assets. She wasn't a bad fighter by any means, but she lacks the credentials of a plethora of fighters I would have ahead of her.

Back