Sherdog.com publishes "Top 10 Greatest WMMA fighters of all time" list. Do you agree?

Do you agree?

• Total voters
This one?
tumblr_o07ttygZiN1rofocqo1_400.gif

Yes, the fight that ended with that punch.

Cyborg over Rousey is just trolling and no I'm not a fan of RR and agree with everything Jack Slack said about her. You just can't ignore quality of opponent.

Not bad. They have most of the right names. Holm doesnt belong there at all. One great win really. Too early for Amanda and i dont see the argument for Gina if this is based on career just not enough

Cyborg
Fuji
Honda
Coenen
Tsuji
Kaufman
Joanna
Tate
Larosa
Gadelha or Hamasaki

Not a bad list, but Joanna should surpass them all except maaaybe Cyborg. But Cyborg needs to fight more top competition. Cris is obviously a monster but she fights hand fed opponents for the most part.

So you went as far as including Watanabe but no Tsuji?

<24>
I had to make a choice between Watanabe, Satoko, Tsuji, Yabushita and Matsumoto.
I love Watanabe's style, so... I picked her.

Joanna or maybe Mega Megu should be number one.

I''ve literally never heard of any of them. They have women fighting now? When did this start?

Not bad. They have most of the right names. Holm doesnt belong there at all. One great win really. Too early for Amanda and i dont see the argument for Gina if this is based on career just not enough

Cyborg
Fuji
Honda
Coenen
Tsuji
Joanna
Kaufman
Tate
Larosa
Gadelha or Hamasaki

Respect for including Tsuji..... Her career went about as good as Mega Megu's (Pretty identical,really) and she actually beat a couple of tougher opponents (Yamaguchi, Watanabe, Ham)

But Fujii got all the publicity, for some reason.

Rousey should be number one. Cyborg should be much farther down.

Cyborg #1 without a single relevant win? Holm should be above Tate if we're talking skills instead of longevity. Zingano not even on the list even though she brutalized 2 people on the list. How is Tate ranked so high? She's literally only there from making a name off losing to Rousey. Terrible list.

Thats a fair point as well. Other than Cyborg, Rousey, Joanna, Coenen, and maybe Tate, none of the other top WMMA fighters had success in the long run against decent competition.
Tate isn't great, she can just take a beating. Pulled a couple of hail marys but overall not a very skillful fighter.

Respect for including Tsuji..... Her career went about as good as Mega Megu's (Pretty identical,really) and she actually beat a couple of tougher opponents (Yamaguchi, Watanabe, Ham)

But Fujii got all the publicity, for some reason.

Yeah, I always thought that was weird. Mega Megu always got all the forum love, as well. Tsuji actually held titles, while Mega Megu I don't think ever held any.

Cyborg
Fuji
Honda
Coenen
Tsuji
Kaufman
Joanna
Tate
Larosa
Gadelha or Hamasaki
What has Tate done? She pulled a hail mary against Holm but before that her best win was Jessica Eye and a Passed prime Coenen which was also a hail mary. She has been brutalized and crushed multiple times. She isn't even a skillful fighter. Been in the game for 10 years and hasn't evolved at all.

Tate isn't great, she can just take a beating. Pulled a couple of hail marys but overall not a very skillful fighter.

Beating decent fighters (in WMMA standards, not the best of the best WMMA fighters standards) for quite some time.

Flukes, hail marys, Sherbro skill analysis..... Ehh, all that is a discussion for another time

Coenen also lost to Modafferi. She (Roxanne) has a surprising win list.
Modaferri was good until she got complacent and her development stagnated. Since she moved to the U.S. and trains full time I think, she's shown a lot of improvement.

Yeah, I always thought that was weird. Mega Megu always got all the forum love, as well. Tsuji actually held titles, while Mega Megu I don't think ever held any.

Exactly. Off the top of my head, Tsuji is a 5x defending Smackgirl champion. Mega Megu, I can't remember any title defenses or major promotion championships.

Back