Sherdog.com publishes "Top 10 Greatest WMMA fighters of all time" list. Do you agree?

Do you agree?

• Total voters

SirKratos

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Sherdogs-Top-10-Female-Mixed-Martial-Artists-109633

Here's Sherdog.com's top10:

10. Tara LaRosa

9. Amanda Nunes

8. Marloes Coenen

7. Holly Holm

6. Gina Carano

5. Miesha Tate

4. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

3. Megumi Fujii

2. Ronda Rousey

1. Cris Cyborg

HONORABLE MENTIONS:Yuka Tsuji, Becky Levi, Claudia Gadelha, Laura D’Auguste, Valentina Shevchenko

Do you agree with the list?

Personal opinions:

#1 and #2 is spot on.

Jedrzejczyk could've been ranked above Fujii, Joanna's reign is shorter but she won the UFC title and defended against much tougher competition multiple times.

Carano should be out of any top10 list that takes success into consideration (or top20 for that matter)

Coenen should be above Holm, Tate, and obviously Carano.

I wouldn't be mad if Warrior Princess Zoila Frausto made it to #10 instead of Rosa and its a disgrace that she isn't even in the honorable mentions.

In general, I don't think its way off.

Never heard of 3 of them on the list.

rin-nakai-of-japan-weighs-in-during-the-ufc-fight-night-weighin-at-picture-id516404226

Looks good to me. JJ will over take both Rousey and Mega Megu in time though..

"All time" always sounds weird in a recent sport. But for this division, it's just wrong.

I like Gina but she shouldn't be on any top ten list. She wasn't around long enough to leave any real legacy.

Miesha, Coenen and Nunes should not be on the list either. They all have way to many losses in their primes.

Cyborg should be lower down because of the steroids. That taints her career.

Tara Larosa should be much higher. She was the number 1 pound for pound female fighter in the world at one point.

Fujii should be 1, no questions.

However, I think WMMA is too new a sport to start talking about all time greats.

Overall, I think this is a weak list.

Last edited:
WMMA rankings can look like anything and they'd be ok for me as long as cyborg is #1 and ronda is #2.

I like Gina but she shouldn't be on any top ten list. She wasn't around long enough to leave any real legacy.

Miesha, Coenen and Nunes should not be on the list either. They all have way to many losses in their primes.

Cyborg should be lower down because of the steroids. That taints her career.

Tara Larosa should be higher much. She was the number 1 pound for pound female fighter in the world at one point.

Fujii should be 1, no questions.

However, I think WMMA is to new a sport to start talking about all time greats.

Wow, I agreed with your first opinion but after that it just went downhill as I kept reading.

I'm going to say terrible because there aren't 10 WMMA fighters I'd call "great"

Gaby destroy all of those midgets in the same night.
779334797.jpg

Back