Sherdog (and others) get Hendricks/Lawler 3 cancelled. BOOM!

Stop praising Mike Dolce man :( he's like the Steven Seagal of diets.

No offence to Hendricks, but he was not the champ people expected him to be. Trouble with weight, lackluster performances met with excuses... People complain about GSP's Lay-n-pray, but wall-n-stall is basically the vertical equivalent.

He should earn a title-shot at this point, Lawler deserves to defend his belt against the next contender.

No offence to Hendricks, but he was not the champ people expected him to be. Trouble with weight, lackluster performances met with excuses... People complain about GSP's Lay-n-pray, but wall-n-stall is basically the vertical equivalent.

He should earn a title-shot at this point, Lawler deserves to defend his belt against the next contender.

At least with Georges he was beating fighters 50-45. There was no doubt who the better fighter was. With Hendricks that always seems in question. Not to mention Hendricks has become a decision machine. I'm not going to hold that against him though because apparently top Welter's are tough to finish. His fans expected him to be a crazy KO machine that was exciting but that hasn't really shown to be reality.

i guess they realised its better to have lawler as champ than hendricks
thinking forums had any significant bearing over their decision is a tad wishful

It's not about who's better as champ. Hendricks showed nothing in that fight to deserve some immediate rematch. It's not like he put it all on the line and put on a great performance. Personally, I think he looked awful in both fights (although apparently the majority of MMA fans seem to think clinging to a guy's arms and legs to hold him down for the final minute of the fifth round is a captivating finish).

At least with Georges he was beating fighters 50-45. There was no doubt who the better fighter was. With Hendricks that always seems in question. Not to mention Hendricks has become a decision machine. I'm not going to hold that against him though because apparently top Welter's are tough to finish. His fans expected him to be a crazy KO machine that was exciting but that hasn't really shown to be reality.

One of the reasons I doubted his ability to become champ and reign supreme, is because he was relying on his lunging in left hook. It's a good tool to have, but there's no way to stay on top relying on the hook plus wrestling alone.

What's weird is that he was on The Mma hour recently & it sounded like Hendricks was ready to gear up for the rematch. I don't buy the whole thing about him not wanting to wait... UFC must have stepped in and told him, we need you to fight... the Lawler/Hendricks III fight has no buzz.

Their first 2 fights weren't that big of a deal. Robbies career resurgance seemed to be the big storylone for the fights and that was about it.

Can't stand Hendricks.... man I was thrilled when I heard the words "and NEW welterweight champion"

And watch Matt Brown get rocked in the first round, hang tough and go on to drop Hendricks with a body shot and choke him out. That would make my year.

Posted a link that has nothing to do with the claims of the thread?

Either way i had a hard time believing the UFC would still want to put on that fight when the public was giving them a decisive no. I know they don't always go with their fans but this one was like 90% didn't want the fight

Can't stand Hendricks.... man I was thrilled when I heard the words "and NEW welterweight champion"

And watch Matt Brown get rocked in the first round, hang tough and go on to drop Hendricks with a body shot and choke him out. That would make my year.

Would be great, Hendricks just has this sense of entitlement about him where he seems to think he is owed something. His whining and excuse making after fights is way over the top, the whole thing with GSP made me lose a ton of respect for him(and Dana White)

Here is some knowledge for you.

Hendricks was fitch worthy in his last fight, and besides the few highlight knockouts he has, has been laynpraying for a while.

he isnt a popular champ like GSP and has already lost his title. if he ends up boring dana and succumbing to a ko loss, why wouldnt dana give him the fitch/sheilds treatment?

Because he's not a retard. Unlike some people. This is obvious to most people.

Oh sweet baby jesus im happy now. Had so little intrest in Lawler VS Hendricks 3 that i almost wished one of them got injured, almost.

Dana himself posts on forums and some of you guys think what the fans talk about doesn't influence decisions?

Back