Sherdog (and others) get Hendricks/Lawler 3 cancelled. BOOM!

They did not want to hold up a good division, while simultaneously annoying their base. Anybody know the numbers for that ppv? If it did not do well for how hard they pushed it (they pushed it really hard)that could have woke them up to how fail a third fight in 6 months really would have been.

Hopefully this is the wake up call he needed. Ballooning up like that between fights is pure stupidity for a champion.

He either fixes his diet and doubles down on training or gtfo you lazy slob.
He has the talent, all he needs is the willpower.

I seriously doubt any of our posts or complaints had anything to do with the fight changes

Thank god. I hate instant rematches. Hendricks didn't get to defend the belt a single time before he had to fight Lawler again, and now they wanted to do the same for Lawler.

This is what is killing mma. The hw champ has fougt 2 guys in 4 years. who knows how good he really is, even if he looks impressive against these two. Now they are doing the same in other weightclasses as well.

I seriously doubt any of our posts or complaints had anything to do with the fight changes

You're not understanding. The feedback as a whole from the fan base everywhere likely had something to do with the decision to scratch the fight. Trust me when I tell you UFC brass at some level review this websites and others to feel the pulse of hardcore MMA fans.

LOL I doubt that. I can see Brown 48-47 decisioning him if Hendricks can't put his lights out before the end of the 2nd.

Unfortunately, this is a three round fight which favores Hendricks a lot. He usually coasts right in the championship rounds whereas Matt Brown is getting stronger as the fight goes on.

I do like, in that article, Johny saying if he had another bad weight cut, he would have to move to MW, or be done. Maybe he doesn't realize that both of those are the same thing. If he did move to MW, he would be DONE. I think the entire top 10 at MW beat him, with most of them finishing him.

Thank god. I hate instant rematches. Hendricks didn't get to defend the belt a single time before he had to fight Lawler again, and now they wanted to do the same for Lawler.

This is what is killing mma. The hw champ has fougt 2 guys in 4 years. who knows how good he really is, even if he looks impressive against these two. Now they are doing the same in other weightclasses as well.

Hendricks defense wasn't an instant rematch. Lawler had not only one, but two fights before getting another shot. Hendricks was injured and Lawler deserved the shot at the time Johny was ready to fight again.

Johny should have to do the same though. While it was a close fight he put up a poor performance in some rounds, he's 1-2 in title fights, and there's a bunch of guys knocking on the door.

Hendricks defense wasn't an instant rematch. Lawler had not only one, but two fights before getting another shot. Hendricks was injured and Lawler deserved the shot at the time Johny was ready to fight again.

Johny should have to do the same though. While it was a close fight he put up a poor performance in some rounds, he's 1-2 in title fights, and there's a bunch of guys knocking on the door.

You are right, but it was still his first titledefence. I would hate to see a third fight without both of them having 3-4 fights first. The story at HW is very sad, and at WW we even have (like you said) several interesting fights for both Hendricks and the Champ.

Thread title and posted article have zero relation to one another.

They should listen to the fans more.

Despite the controversy, enough with the instant rematches. It really takes away importance of the earlier fight(s).
Not even Jones should get one when he loses, before earning it.

Back