Sherdog And "Hardcore" MMA Fans Claim to Hate WWE Antics But Colby Is Universally Considered Next

I don't think he deserves the shot, but on the other hand, if he loses again, that'll be it.

Then he can scrap with Jorge at WW then cut to LW or pray Usman loses.

Vicente Luque beat Woodley in his last fight just like Colby did. I wouldn't be mad if it was him.

If Wonderboy beats Burns it should probably be him.

IMO Colby is next and very much wish he was more active that being said I don't think Colby ducked anyone trying to wait it out. Waiting for title is super dangerous in the UFC. If Usman was gonna get his callout it woulda been Chiesa I think. UFC let him call out Masvidal and booked it because it was a money fight. The Colby fight is the next closest to a money fight. Now does Edwards wait or is the UFC brewing up something no one expects and books him or if Wonderboy doesn't take any damage at 264...

Leon getting another W is getting really hard to deny. But then people will probably be like 'oh he got a title shot of Nate Diaz' which isn't fair to Leon either.

Leon should be next and I like Colby. Your thread sucks.

Almost everyone agrees that Colby is number 1 contender when he's done NOTHING but talk shit WWE style.

I like Colby, the first fight with Usman was great but Colby has not done any work for a rematch AND he's been relatively inactive compared to other guys contending for the spot.

Edwards is on a 9 fight streak and most people overlook him because he's laid back. Wonderboy is always a top contender and is on a win streak but he's too nice. What's up with you guys????
Dana doesn't like youtubers but tells his fighters to act like youtubers.

Dana said he was next in two different interviews.

I think the real question is, why are we believing him?

It could easily be (and should be) Leon

Leon should be next and I like Colby. Your thread sucks.
I have Edwards ahead of Covington as well so I don't disagree with that. That's just not the majority of what I've been reading around here and in the media. Now go suck a dick.

The premise of this thread is flawed. Plenty of us don't think Colby should get the next shot. Winning one fight should never earn a rematch against a champion who finished you; it's absurd on its face. Edwards or Wonderboy (if he wins) should obviously get the next shot. Personally, I'd give it to Edwards, with Wonderboy next in line. Colby should fight Masvidal.

Covington would have 1/3 of fans without the WWE antics, so yeah I agree with you.

Considering his fighting style he would be another Edwards type of guy

If journeyman Masvidal got a rematch for doing nothing, hey why not giving one to the guy that gave the champ his hardest test ?
Colby is levels above other contenders and nobody wants to see pointfighter Leon as a challenger.
Masvidal brought something to the table from a financial perspective. This guy Covington brings absolutely nothing to the table for Usman.

Colby doesn't deserve the next shot.

Come on bruh. Colby ain't shit. Sure he's super skilled. Top 3. But that motherfucker is a goddamn duck. He ducked burns when burns called him out, ducked leon, ducked wonderboy, no wins since the usman loss. It's bullshit. People hate on leon, at least he actively looked for fights and has fought 2x since colby's last fight, despite being locked down in the uk the whole of 2020. Ain't that shit funny? Wonderboy, if he wins should get next, since colby ducked him too. If 3 piece fights leon, then colby should fight khamzat. Straight up. Motherfuckers acted like khamzat vs leon was legit. Khamzat is a bigger name that colby ever fought and would gain a lot from beating a blue chip prospect in the same way motherfuckers claimed leon would. So let's make that fight. I hate wwe trash talk but there's nothing worse than a trash talking duck. That's the fucking worst.

Colby has wins over how many top ten ufc fighters? Honestly pull up the current list read through it and think about it

Don't blame Colby for the antics. Blame the UFC. If it wasn't for the Brazil's a dump tirade, he would've gotten cut.

Back