Sherdog And "Hardcore" MMA Fans Claim to Hate WWE Antics But Colby Is Universally Considered Next

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Almost everyone agrees that Colby is number 1 contender when he's done NOTHING but talk shit WWE style.

I like Colby, the first fight with Usman was great but Colby has not done any work for a rematch AND he's been relatively inactive compared to other guys contending for the spot.

Edwards is on a 9 fight streak and most people overlook him because he's laid back. Wonderboy is always a top contender and is on a win streak but he's too nice. What's up with you guys????

I was going to post something similar in another thread, we'll see how this thread goes.

Colby hasn't earned a title shot, losing a close fight against the champ should not grant another title shot. Colby has 1 win over anybody currently in the top 15, and Maia is calling for a retirement bout with the guy Leon Edwards just schooled for 24 minutes.

Thompson has the most wins against the current top ten except for Usman.

Edwards had the longest win streak until that no contest, but still hasn't lost in 5 years.

I don’t think he should get a rematch either. The first was a decent fight so I’m that arsed .

I don't agree that Colby should be next. I have a feeling he won't be next. Fight isn't official yet because Burns/WB is happening soon. If either guy wins by knockout Colby won't be next.

He has the best chance but I don't believe he should get a title shot. I can almost never justify giving a title shot to guys with one win or even two like with Wonderboy. Colby only beat Woodley which isn't a good win anymore. Ignoring all fandom, I believe Leon deserves it first over anyone.

The UFC has a hard on for rematches. Especially if the first fight was good.

If journeyman Masvidal got a rematch for doing nothing, hey why not giving one to the guy that gave the champ his hardest test ?
Colby is levels above other contenders and nobody wants to see pointfighter Leon as a challenger.

Most people don't agree with this but we asume he is next cause Dana have stated it many times.

Inb4. Don’t believe his lies

Who do you think should be next up for Usman?
It's not necessarily who's "next up", because that, as we've seen over the last few weeks right here on sherdog is debatable. Really it's more so, who hasn't he(Usman) fought that presents an interesting style match-up. And unfortunately the current WW top dogs are relatively thin in viable contenders. Taking that into consideration, I'd have to say either Wonderboy or Vicente Luque. And even though he looks pretty weathered and is far from contender status, I could see Ponzi being an interesting match-up for Usman style-wise.

It's not necessarily who's "next up", because that, as we've seen over the last few weeks right here on sherdog is debatable. Really it's more so, who hasn't he(Usman) fought that presents an interesting style match-up. And unfortunately the current WW top dogs are relatively thin in viable contenders. Taking that into consideration, I'd have to say either Wonderboy or Vicente Luque. And even though he looks pretty weathered and is far from contender status, I could see Ponzi being an interesting match-up for Usman style-wise.
For me, if Wonderboy gets it done, it has to be him.

Enter the casuals...

First off, universally? Not really.

Second, neither logic equates... since Usman just hand picked Masvidal and Colby.

Third, didn't read anything except that absurd leap of a header.

A lot of MMA fans were WWE fans. Hence why the audience chanted "you suck"

They had a great fight the first time, plenty of bad blood, and nobody gives a fuck about Edwards or Wonderboy (both great fighters).

Colby doesn’t deserve it but he’s getting it. Dana said he’s next so he’s next.

Back