Sherbro's, whats up with the Sherdog rankings?

Jizzer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How can you not have the champ in each division be no 1? and vacated, retired, former champions ranked above the current active champs?

These aren't the Ultimate Goof rankings that are used for manipulation. People try to use actual logic. UFC Champions aren't automatically ranked number one.

Because the Sherdog rankings are worldwide MMA rankings. It's not the UFC rankings.
Irrelevant, the top ranked fighters are all UFC or former UFC champions, its silly.

200.gif

I’ll let you know when I’m done counting my chins.

Irrelevant, the top ranked fighters are all UFC or former UFC champions, its silly.

?

All...
You mean other than Nemkov, Lima and Freire right?

I actually like how sherdog didn’t just automatically put bisping at number 1 MW and Jan at number 1 LHW just cause they won the ufc belts. Sherdog puts more thought into it and they actually recognize the concepts of fluke champs, over misrankings, transitional periods in a division, etc

Sherdog has rankings? Other than the Fightfinder, I just go directly to the forums exclusively.

the one that blows me away is that cerrone is still ranked top 10 at lightweight.......dude hasnt done anything at that weight in ages

I get mad over the atomweight rankings. Jinh Yu Frey, for example, has had two straight fights at strawweight, and in the UFC which doesn't have an atomweight division, yet is still in the atomweight rankings. atomweight is the red headed stepchild of Sherdog's rankings.

Back