Sheldon Silver New York Assemblyman and Culinary Union puppet arrested for corruption

props to Dana for letting everyone know this for years. must have helped the investigation.

Didn't read the article but this has been all over the news here in NY. He's also under investigatiuon for illegal spending of campaing funds. Apparently using campaing money to pay lawyer fees, which is a no-no.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty. I think he's a good politician and I hope he has the best of luck in the upcoming trials.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty. I think he's a good politician and I hope he has the best of luck in the upcoming trials.

Just curious, do you live in NY or in the area? I don't see how anyone could think he is a good politician. His own party tried to force him to resign in the past, and Albany has long been looked at as a cesspool of corruption adn ineptitude with Silver at the helm.

Good news. I don't care for Zuffa but I hate this shit a lot worse.

Best news in a long, long time. Not only for MMA but for NY as a whole. That guy was a cancer on their government.

Just curious, do you live in NY or in the area? I don't see how anyone could think he is a good politician. His own party tried to force him to resign in the past, and Albany has long been looked at as a cesspool of corruption adn ineptitude with Silver at the helm.

Never heard that. Pretty poor government transparency either way. Which party was he "unsuccessfully forced" to resign from?:icon_chee

BAHAHAHA.

Don't act like someone isn't gonna bust that A$$ for "Good Pollution/ Politician "

good.
hopefully he ends up in federal "pound him in the ass" prison.

he's another in a long line of politicians who prove that term limits needs to be implemented for all politicians in all levels of government.

Let's hope he resigns from his seat but wouldn't the next Speaker be a Culinary Union puppet too?

Let's hope he resigns from his seat but wouldn't the next Speaker be a Culinary Union puppet too?

Nah, or at least not particularly likely. There's a longstanding joke that New York law is made by three people in a back room: The governor, the Senate Majority leader, and the Assembly speaker. It's a joke that is absolutely true. There's may well be no one else in the State Assembly besides Silver who currently has connections or power worth a used piece of toilet paper.

Back