"She think she's a boxer. He put that crazy thing in her head. " Nunes on Edmond.

John Wick

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"She has great judo but he put that in her head"

Nunes exposing Edmond.

It was pretty clear to me she wanted to clinch up and close distance but just seemed incapable of doing so. She had no set ups to get into the range she wanted to be at and seemed to panic when touched with the power. There was unfortunately a whole lot of problems Rhonda displayed tonight in such a short performance, her striking just being the most glaring of them.

Reminds me of BJ Penn surrounding himself with yes men.

It was pretty clear to me she wanted to clinch up and close distance but just seemed incapable of doing so. She had no set ups to get into the range she wanted to be at and seemed to panic when touched with the power. There was unfortunately a whole lot of problems Rhonda displayed tonight in such a short performance, her striking just being the most glaring of them.
I get the feeling that Edmond just has her hit mits all fucking day. She doesn't look like she spars consistently at all.

She's burying him worse than Ronda's mom did. I don't imagine he's gonna be getting many pro mma fighters knocking on his door after all this.

100% correct.

This is a textbook example of what happens when:

- you believe your own hype
- no one who cares about you tells you the truth (or don't know enough to know the truth)

Ronda reminds me of Brock. Never learned or understood how to take a punch, never understood striking defense. Once they get hit, things get bad for them very fast.

I get the feeling that Edmond just has her hit mits all fucking day. She doesn't look like she spars consistently at all.

Well have you ever heared any women fighter talking about sparring with honda or seeing any video footage about it? I get the same feeling. Makes you wonder how she would have done with a legit team.

Back