Television SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW TV Series

If you have seen the entire season of SHE-HULK, how do you feel about it?

• Liked it

• It was ok

• Meh

• Disliked it

• Did not watch because this show is garbage

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have stated my opinion on this show in threads, I didn't like it. But can someone explain to me why after all these years CGI is so expensive...and why some shows figure it out and some shot the bed like this one? Is it all budget, or is it skill as well?

I have stated my opinion on this show in threads, I didn't like it. But can someone explain to me why after all these years CGI is so expensive...and why some shows figure it out and some shot the bed like this one? Is it all budget, or is it skill as well?

I'm no expert, but I do know that it's a cinematic art. Some directors lean on CGI and assume post will make it look good, others take the time to film in a way that works well with CGI. Framing shots so that CGI movement is believable is super important to the eye.

Looks like there will not be a season two.

Before anyone types "Go Woke Go Broke", I think the real issue was that it was so expensive. Rumors of $225 million for the show.

Costs went up due to many reshoots.

Rumor was that Jennifer wasn't supposed to turn into She Hulk until much later in the season that the pilot episode.

Reshoots meant they had to redo a lot of CGI. Reshoots meant that the pool of writers had to get deeper and deeper until the point it was written by a committee.

Shall we assume the character will just be showing up in future feature length movies as a cameo?

its a massive bummer that there will be no she hulk man. i freaking loved that show so much!!!

It's time. I'm a 3D artist by trade. There's no substitute for time. Skill is obviously important, but if you don't have enough time,whatever you do will still look half done.

Looks like there will not be a season two.

Before anyone types "Go Woke Go Broke", I think the real issue was that it was so expensive. Rumors of $225 million for the show.

Costs went up due to many reshoots.

Rumor was that Jennifer wasn't supposed to turn into She Hulk until much later in the season that the pilot episode.

Reshoots meant they had to redo a lot of CGI. Reshoots meant that the pool of writers had to get deeper and deeper until the point it was written by a committee.

Shall we assume the character will just be showing up in future feature length movies as a cameo?

They gotta figure out how to get more with less out of these MCU properties. 225 mill for any brief tv show is an absolutely insane price tag and I don’t know how you can possibly expect to recoup that.

I’m not really sure how you go about doing it, but I think part of it has to be focus on more street level heroes as some of you guys have been saying, at least with the Disney + series properties.

I didn’t watch the show yet but I’ve heard things. The bummer is Maslany is a really good actress.

I also think that MCU needs the X-Men universe stat. Comic book genre is suffering big time. I feel like now the ones that are big hits will be more outliers than the ones that struggle.

Captain Marvel and Aquaman were billion dollar films. Sequel to one is the only MCU film that didn’t clear 100 mill domestic and the sequel to DCEU biggest hit barely cleared that number.

Disney gives absurd deadlines to their CGI department for some projects. They work their employees to death and often don't pay for overtime. They fired the woman in charge, but it was only because they needed a scapegoat.

She and her department were given impossible tasks by producers who don't understand how SFX works. Disney also hired some directors who didn't understand how SFX work. It put a major strain on the department and made them look bad.

According to the lead actress herself, a second season of She Hulk is unlikely because, "We blew our budget".

Given that the episodes in season one cost something like $25 Million each, that's understandable.

I actually was hoping they'd do a second season. The first one did a hell of a lot wrong (completely botching Daredevil, the cluster fuck that was the plot resolution), but the lead is a good actress, and the overall story wasn't bad. Another season might have given them a chance to right the ship. Plus we might have gotten more Wong, and that could only have been a good thing.

I didn’t watch the show yet but I’ve heard things. The bummer is Maslany is a really good actress.
It's not epically good or anything but certainly serviceable and Maslany is incredibly charming; she's a great Jen Walters and She-Hulk (maybe a bit tame as She-Hulk but that is likely a choice of the writers and directors).

I think maybe some guys who didn't like it just never read any runs of She-Hulk to begin with as the show feels a lot like their comic inspiration but updated to modern day.

But surely it was always madness to create a TV show where the main character would almost always be mo-capped and CG animated.

According to the lead actress herself, a second season of She Hulk is unlikely because, "We blew our budget".

Given that the episodes in season one cost something like $25 Million each, that's understandable.
I think we are going to see those in the accounting department having a bit more sway in the near future

Back