Shayna Baszler - Julianna had a knack for getting on people

what are you talking about? i didnt take a position? a position on what? my position is that shayna baszler is a very popular fighter amongst her fellow competitors. and i dont really see anything that shows otherwise. even after that episode, you can see that the other fighters prefer shayna.

as i said in another post, shayna is like a wrestling character. she learned from josh that you need to create a character that people want to see. whether it is to lose or win, is irrelevant. and that is what she is doing.

but her fellow competitors know her off camera and as you can see by their comments, they all love her. i am sorry if you cant tell that for yourself. i mean i could be wrong, but has there been ANY negative comments about shayna on the show yet? can yoou say the same for pena?

obviously the editors have done their job perfectly

Who cares if she's liked or not by fellow fighters? The program is design to showcase fighters to mainstream MMA fans. She made an ass out of herself, don't give her an out by saying she's well liked by other pro fighters or she's playing a persona.

again, as i said before, please show me the long list of fellow fighters who hate her and talk bad about her. editing doesnt make things that didnt happen, happen, but it can certainly make something look a lot worse than it is. of course you are one of the ones who is clearly not smart enough to figure it out. you believe everything is exactly the way you see it

And her own blog? Did someone else edit her own blog to make her sound worse? Because her own blog did nothing but confirm, or even make worse, her behavior on the show.

Just because fellow fighters like her does not mean fans have to like her too. Fans get to form opinions about who they follow, who they are indifferent to, and who they hope gets ktfo in a fight.

i didnt say, nor do i really have a concern how mma fans feel about her. they are entitled to their own opinion. i merely pointed out that 95% of the people having negative opinions on her have formed them based on this show, because they knew nothing about her beforehand. my point with the fighters was that if she was this horrible, rotten person that you all want to feel she is, she would have a much more ugly reputation in her field.

but as usual, people on this forum watch a couple of shows and read a blog post and figure they know everything. by all means, go ahead with that theory.

Who cares if she's liked or not by fellow fighters? The program is design to showcase fighters to mainstream MMA fans. She made an ass out of herself, don't give her an out by saying she's well liked by other pro fighters or she's playing a persona.

this is about as stupid as it gets. who cares if she is liked by everyone in her profession! what really matters is that we on sherdog who watched TUF think she is a jerk! and that is the only opinion that matters!

give her an out? an out on what? by not saying she is a jerk, when basically everyone outside of internet forums love her? yea, ok

this is about as stupid as it gets. who cares if she is liked by everyone in her profession! what really matters is that we on sherdog who watched TUF think she is a jerk! and that is the only opinion that matters!

give her an out? an out on what? by not saying she is a jerk, when basically everyone outside of internet forums love her? yea, ok

Wow you truly are dumb.

and yet, all the other fighters love her. clearly you guys are on to something the rest of the sport missed

Hitler was loved and supported by millions as well.

Or as someone else said, so was Charles Manson. I know the Devil has his fans too.

Clearly, it's easier to receive her based on her portrayal of herself on TUF, than it is to ASSUME how she must be behind the scenes based on vague opinions.

was hitler beloved by his opponents? i dont think churchill was singing his praises. terrible comparison. and your last part makes no sense, how many more people have to say how much they love her before it is no longer vague?

There are two English guys in the house, a little ribbing and banter is fine but mocking their accent for hours and hours is bound to piss them off and the fact that all the other housemates asked her to stop shows how irritating it must have been.

She's not that strong though, her little fits of 'I don't give a fuck if you like me' show anything but strength, it displays hurt. I feel bad for her as she obviously has some serious issues socially interacting with others in an acceptable way which she seems a quite oblivious too.
Lol, I highly doubt she was doing it to mock them. It's just fun for Americans to try and talk in an English accent, my girlfriend and I do it every once in awhile for shits and giggles. Being in the same house as those two probably just set her off.

From what I was seeing on the show, they were fucking horrible to that poor girl. Like seriously, a guy confronting you and calling you a snitch and a liar in a car- that's some fronting right there.

A lot of them were talking about how she's this, or that... one of the reasons was because she was talking with a fake accent/impression ? That's a reason to hate a woman?

It's good that she's a strong woman and didn't let these people get to her. In the end she defeated the toughest opponent in the house to advance in the show. Shows how strong she is mentally. More than half the women I know would be crying, or throwing a tantrum.

Some people just can't others who are comfortable under their own skin. In the real world, self-confidence really rubs mentally-weak individuals the wrong way.

Completely agree with this thanks for saving my fingers the typing lol

Hitler was loved and supported by millions as well.

Or as someone else said, so was Charles Manson. I know the Devil has his fans too.

Clearly, it's easier to receive her based on her portrayal of herself on TUF, than it is to ASSUME how she must be behind the scenes based on vague opinions.

Lol, you're really reaching, so are you calling the rest of wmma cultists or nazis? Because those people were the kind of people who loved manson and hitler, so are you suggesting that those are the kind of people who are in wmma for them to almost universally love such a (in your head) horrible person?

And there's no need to assume, look how Roxanne talks about how they get along, look how Tate brought her "friend" (to quote her) a piece of cake and wanted to clarify she was not smiling at Shayna's loss.

Way to miss the point.
Maybe someone who cares enough will explain it to you.

Wow you truly are dumb.

No, what's dumb is a fighter portraying herself as arrogant and egotistical then proceeds to get worked by someone who she deems not worthy in the same cage as her. Then surprised that she would receive negative reactions from viewers. What's dumb is that jag bag says that we should give her a pass because she's well liked by other pro fighters.

Way to miss the point.
Maybe someone who cares enough will explain it to you.

No I didn't, the point was just dumb. Yes, bad people have been beloved by some before, but that's an indictment on those people for liking such a bad person. So to make that comparison to Shayna is to trash all the fighters who like her.

Also, feel free to explain how ProBoxingInsidr is assuming when people like Tate openly refer to her as a friend and goes out of her way to bring her a treat and make sure Shayna knows she still considers her a friend.

I would say she has a knack for tapping out overconfident fighters.

No, what's dumb is a fighter portraying herself as arrogant and egotistical then proceeds to get worked by someone who she deems not worthy in the same cage as her. Then surprised that she would receive negative reactions from viewers. What's dumb is that jag bag says that we should give her a pass because she's well liked by other pro fighters.

Are you arguing with yourself?

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but just curious why you're quoting and responding to yourself?

No I didn't, the point was just dumb. Yes, bad people have been beloved by some before, but that's an indictment on those people for liking such a bad person. So to make that comparison to Shayna is to trash all the fighters who like her.

Also, feel free to explain how ProBoxingInsidr is assuming when people like Tate openly refer to her as a friend and goes out of her way to bring her a treat and make sure Shayna knows she still considers her a friend.

He has a habit of making dumb points and then dismissing anyone that see how nonsensical it is. But in any event, I'm actually of the mind that Shayna acted like an ass on TUF with her extremely overconfident behavior, made it worse by losing, and then made it even worse yet by then going full fledged high school girl and blogging about Pena like a cheerleader captain trying to smear the pretty new girl. But I also agree at the same time that to just dismiss the opinion of the actual fighters that know Shayna who think she's a terrific person is just completely stupid. As ProBoxingInsidr rightly said in response to the stupid notion that Shayna should care more about anonymous internet fans like us rather than people who actually know her.

Most people in the world have certain amounts of immature behavior and "off putting" behavior. If you happen to be on a reality show like TUF that can magnify that behavior to the fullest to maximize the dramatic effect then this is what happens. So its important to look at someone's behavior as a whole rather than just how they come off on a reality show that will always be edited and manufactured to be as dramatic as possible.

He has a habit of making dumb points and then dismissing anyone that see how nonsensical it is. But in any event, I'm actually of the mind that Shayna acted like an ass on TUF with her extremely overconfident behavior, made it worse by losing, and then made it even worse yet by then going full fledged high school girl and blogging about Pena like a cheerleader captain trying to smear the pretty new girl. But I also agree at the same time that to just dismiss the opinion of the actual fighters that know Shayna who think she's a terrific person is just completely stupid. As ProBoxingInsidr rightly said in response to the stupid notion that Shayna should care more about anonymous internet fans like us rather than people who actually know her.

Most people in the world have certain amounts of immature behavior and "off putting" behavior. If you happen to be on a reality show like TUF that can magnify that behavior to the fullest to maximize the dramatic effect then this is what happens. So its important to look at someone's behavior as a whole rather than just how they come off on a reality show that will always be edited and manufactured to be as dramatic as possible.

Well tbf, she's blogging about the show and this episode showed the strain that seemed to be developing between Pena and the rest of the house, so she discussed it. Most other fighter's blogs discussed it as well, even Chris, who seems to be the only one not bothered by Pena's antics, mentions it briefly in his blog.

Back