Shayna Baszler - Julianna had a knack for getting on people

I have noticed that only the team Rousey women have stated how annoying she is. Could it be because they idolize Shayna and Pena beat her ass?

@aries: Honestly, what's there to be hurt about? She's friends and training partners with her Coach- Miesha Tate... she just beat the woman penned to win it....
Realistically speaking, at the end of the day- All the talking seizes when 2 fighters enter cage. The fighting does the talking, and so far Julianna is the favorite to win.

Exactly which just shows how fragile she is. She even admitted she's too sensitive for this 'stuff' in the house.

I have noticed that only the team Rousey women have stated how annoying she is. Could it be because they idolize Shayna and Pena beat her ass?

Roxanne and Sarah aren't team Rousey and I quoted both of them admitting the same thing, even if they try to be nicer about it, and Momentosis quoted Cody from Team Tate as well

Once you prove yourself in the UFC, THEN only are you truly an alpha.

smartchart.jpg

There are two English guys in the house, a little ribbing and banter is fine but mocking their accent for hours and hours is bound to piss them off and the fact that all the other housemates asked her to stop shows how irritating it must have been.

She's not that strong though, her little fits of 'I don't give a fuck if you like me' show anything but strength, it displays hurt. I feel bad for her as she obviously has some serious issues socially interacting with others in an acceptable way which she seems a quite oblivious too.

The thing is she was doing an upper class queen voice, the 2 english lads are from liverpool (terry etim voice) and sunderland (ross pearson voice) and they don't get any more difrent to the steriotyped 'english' accent, to be honest I just think julianna thinks she is being funny but it shouldnt annoy the english lads as its hardly taking the piss out of them. Fair play it would be annoy to hear all day, no matter where you are from UK or anywhere else

of course they're betas. The Alphas are guys that are fighting in the UFC.

I'm not even saying the champions of the UFC, just anyone who's a regular in the ufc is an alpha.

Don't forget a lot of these guys are broke, or have very limited lifestyle. They certainly haven't proven themselves. Isn't there 1 guy who lives with his dad rent-free? I think he's the guy who replaced the injured fighter?

Now that's the opposite of an Alpha if there ever was one.
don't get me wrong - you can be a jock, but that doesn't make you an Alpha.

Once you prove yourself in the UFC, THEN only are you truly an alpha.

Anyone who wins a UFC fight is game imo. No one in the house is a UFC fighter, yet. Only 2 fighters are guaranteed a contract (That too a minimal contract).

they say "6 figure contract" but I remember reading some years ago that there are a lot of conditions to that. 6 figure contract means like you've got to win like all your fights on contract, like 4 or 5 to reach 6 figures... but then the UFC has the right to terminate your contract before that ever happens.

But yea, imo so far from the show- the alpha is Julianna. She's the number 1 pick, and she beat one of the top veterans of the sport. Not only beat, but submit.
I think Chris is the only one who's not salty about it, that's why he can handle Julianna. He's probably the alpha of the men's pack. I bet you in a few episodes the guys will be hating on him too.

so fedor in his prime was not an alpha? michael chandler is not an alpha now?

but anthony perosh is?

also, yea, as was pointed out, you cant use the ufc as a measuring stick for being an alpha, then give pena a waiver

it might be annoying but she kicked your ass so shut up.

Josh Hill(Juliannas own teamate I think) said he would have been cheering for Bayzler in the first fight if he had known them.

^^^^^^^^thats the thing, people are watching an edited show and forming their opinions on Shayna. but the fact is she was and still is very popular with the other girl fighters. like i said, a lot of this was a character, etc and this was edited to make it look like pena was overcoming impossible odds.

but if baszler was so horrible, you would hear a lot more negative from other people. instead, you only hear it from message boards by people who have only experienced her on a couple episodes of TUF. overall the girl is revered by her fellow competitors.

so fedor in his prime was not an alpha? michael chandler is not an alpha now?

but anthony perosh is?

also, yea, as was pointed out, you cant use the ufc as a measuring stick for being an alpha, then give pena a waiver

Horrible example. Different timeframes, Fedor isn't from the UFC dominated era, which is the present.

As for Chandler's case, it's circumstantial. He is ineligible to fight under Zuffa due to contractual obligations.

She looks a lot better and submitted her.

Haters gon hate.

^^^^^^^^thats the thing, people are watching an edited show and forming their opinions on Shayna.

I guess the editing made it look like she stuck the queen of spades playing card between Pena's tits.. that really didn't happen. And those words of hers in her blog.. someone else did that. Then an interview where she belittles anyone who talks about bad about her, yeah, that was someone else... that was the edit monster speaking for her, not her.

again, as i said before, please show me the long list of fellow fighters who hate her and talk bad about her. editing doesnt make things that didnt happen, happen, but it can certainly make something look a lot worse than it is. of course you are one of the ones who is clearly not smart enough to figure it out. you believe everything is exactly the way you see it

All those chicks are, you really think Tate is more stable or self aware than either shayna or Rousey?

I'm sorry, but what the hell kind of question is this?

I guess the editing made it look like she stuck the queen of spades playing card between Pena's tits.. that really didn't happen. And those words of hers in her blog.. someone else did that. Then an interview where she belittles anyone who talks about bad about her, yeah, that was someone else... that was the edit monster speaking for her, not her.

again, as i said before, please show me the long list of fellow fighters who hate her and talk bad about her. editing doesnt make things that didnt happen, happen, but it can certainly make something look a lot worse than it is. of course you are one of the ones who is clearly not smart enough to figure it out. you believe everything is exactly the way you see it

You're dodging it because he is on to something. There is no outside editing on her blog. It's her own words. She chose to act like an ass clown on her blog and in the interview. She chose to stick a card in her opponent's cleavage. At most, you're trying to hint that she was made to look worse than she really was, but you don't believe that enough to actually commit to a position. You're just beating around the bush trying to trick people into agreeing with you when you haven't actually taken the position.

You're dodging it because he is on to something. There is no outside editing on her blog. It's her own words. She chose to act like an ass clown on her blog and in the interview. She chose to stick a card in her opponent's cleavage. At most, you're trying to hint that she was made to look worse than she really was, but you don't believe that enough to actually commit to a position. You're just beating around the bush trying to trick people into agreeing with you when you haven't actually taken the position.

what are you talking about? i didnt take a position? a position on what? my position is that shayna baszler is a very popular fighter amongst her fellow competitors. and i dont really see anything that shows otherwise. even after that episode, you can see that the other fighters prefer shayna.

as i said in another post, shayna is like a wrestling character. she learned from josh that you need to create a character that people want to see. whether it is to lose or win, is irrelevant. and that is what she is doing.

but her fellow competitors know her off camera and as you can see by their comments, they all love her. i am sorry if you cant tell that for yourself. i mean i could be wrong, but has there been ANY negative comments about shayna on the show yet? can yoou say the same for pena?

obviously the editors have done their job perfectly

I guess after she tapped out, and was crying backstage and saying "I'm 3 times the fighter she is"... she was still playing a character?

Everyone has a different persona at 'work', and at home... so please don't make it out like Josh Barnett discovered some big secret and let Shayna in on it.

Shayna just came off as extremely arrogant, and a total bully. She keeps hanging on to this thought that SHE built women's MMA.

It seems like she genuinely thought she was better than everyone else. And that cost her. They decided to make her fight Meisha's friend and training partner in Julianna to stick it to Meisha... and it bit them in the ass.

But even in defeat, she wasn't humble. She just couldn't act as cocky and aggressive like she did before the fight, being the first fighter eliminated from the house and all that...

PS- Like I said, it IS a 'show'... and sure, Shayna can build a character to get attention, and maybe that's what she needs to do... But the only thing that guarantees you a job in the UFC is to win fights. That's something Julianna is better at, currently.

and yet, all the other fighters love her. clearly you guys are on to something the rest of the sport missed

Back