Shayna Baszler - Julianna had a knack for getting on people

Shayna has a knack for annoying me when she won't shut up about an unknown who choked her out.

Shayna is probably the least self-aware person walking this earth other than Ronda.

I'm not sure what these fighters expected. I realize a lot of them are in their 20s and might not be fully mature yet but you're moving into a house under extremely stressful circumstances to say the least with over a dozen other people. You're going to get on each other's nerves. You know what's more annoying than a woman doing a fake British accent? Little kids writing about it on their blogs like high schoolers, as if it were some dynasty shit. Yeah, Shayna's decrees about how lucky people were to be in the house with her didn't get on anyone's nerves at all I bet.

eh i think u guys would freak out if the white dudes from england started talking like speedy gonzales

I dunno, Tate is pretty bad too. Although Rousey takes the cake

Tate being "Bad", in your opinion, has nothing to do with her being self-aware.
Ronda and Shayna honestly think they're the freedom fighters of logic and reality, when the thruth is they're both mentally unstable, hyper-aggressive, just down right hostile human beings.

From what I was seeing on the show, they were fucking horrible to that poor girl. Like seriously, a guy confronting you and calling you a snitch and a liar in a car- that's some fronting right there.

A lot of them were talking about how she's this, or that... one of the reasons was because she was talking with a fake accent/impression ? That's a reason to hate a woman?

It's good that she's a strong woman and didn't let these people get to her. In the end she defeated the toughest opponent in the house to advance in the show. Shows how strong she is mentally. More than half the women I know would be crying, or throwing a tantrum.

Some people just can't others who are comfortable under their own skin. In the real world, self-confidence really rubs mentally-weak individuals the wrong way.

Tate being "Bad", in your opinion, has nothing to do with her being self-aware.
Ronda and Shayna honestly think they're the freedom fighters of logic and reality, when the thruth is they're both mentally unstable, hyper-aggressive, just down right hostile human beings.

All those chicks are, you really think Tate is more stable or self aware than either shayna or Rousey?

From what I was seeing on the show, they were fucking horrible to that poor girl. Like seriously, a guy confronting you and calling you a snitch and a liar in a car- that's some fronting right there.

A lot of them were talking about how she's this, or that... one of the reasons was because she was talking with a fake accent/impression ? That's a reason to hate a woman?

It's good that she's a strong woman and didn't let these people get to her. In the end she defeated the toughest opponent in the house to advance in the show. Shows how strong she is mentally. More than half the women I know would be crying, or throwing a tantrum.

Some people just can't others who are comfortable under their own skin. In the real world, self-confidence really rubs mentally-weak individuals the wrong way.

um, was she the snitch? if she was, which certainly appears to be the case, that takes a lot of steam out of your argument.

also, in defense of Shayna, I have talked with her several times, both alone and with a group including Jessica Penne, Tecia Torres, Nicdali Rivera Calanoc, julia budd, and a couple other girls and they all LOVE her. in fact, she is easily one of the most popular fighters among her peers.

remember shayna is a showman and learned that from josh. same reason she carries the guitar, to stand out. so a lot of what you see is her being a character. dont confuse the person with the character, and thats why you dont see too much hating on her

um, was she the snitch? if she was, which certainly appears to be the case, that takes a lot of steam out of your argument.

also, in defense of Shayna, I have talked with her several times, both alone and with a group including Jessica Penne, Tecia Torres, Nicdali Rivera Calanoc, julia budd, and a couple other girls and they all LOVE her. in fact, she is easily one of the most popular fighters among her peers.

remember shayna is a showman and learned that from josh. same reason she carries the guitar, to stand out. so a lot of what you see is her being a character. dont confuse the person with the character, and thats why you dont see too much hating on her

Not sure it was ever confirmed she "snitched". Pretty sure it was confirmed the other way around.

Yea getting choked out would humble a fighter real quick.

You don't judge a fighter based on how she/he treats their team, but how she/he treats their opponents.

Shayna stuck a card down her opponent's cleavage and repeatedly spoke about how her opponent didn't belong with her in the cage.

She has no respect, and she choked for it. Next time you speak to her, tell her Good luck fighting in bingo halls for a couple hundred bucks.

lol

Also, the stuff about Julianna's attitude was also in Roxanne's blog

http://www.mass-mma.com/2013/09/19/roxanne-modafferi-tuf-blog-week-3/

And Jessamyn's blog

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1779143-tuf-18-jessamyn-duke-fighter-blog-episode-3

Now you may say they both like Shayna more then Julianna, but even Moras kinda called her out in her blog

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/sarah-moras-tuf-18-blog-things-are-heating-up/

And from Peggy's blog...

At times, I actually started feeling bad for Julianna and thinking that we really were just being a bunch of middle school bullies, but then she

Something about Julianna having a knack for choking Shayna out.

Yes, i'm sure the house was full of betas who couldn't handle her self-confidence and she otherwise did nothing to earn this level of dislike from the entire house... :rolleyes:

It's good that she's a strong woman and didn't let these people get to her.

There are two English guys in the house, a little ribbing and banter is fine but mocking their accent for hours and hours is bound to piss them off and the fact that all the other housemates asked her to stop shows how irritating it must have been.

She's not that strong though, her little fits of 'I don't give a fuck if you like me' show anything but strength, it displays hurt. I feel bad for her as she obviously has some serious issues socially interacting with others in an acceptable way which she seems a quite oblivious too.

of course they're betas. The Alphas are guys that are fighting in the UFC.

I'm not even saying the champions of the UFC, just anyone who's a regular in the ufc is an alpha.

Don't forget a lot of these guys are broke, or have very limited lifestyle. They certainly haven't proven themselves. Isn't there 1 guy who lives with his dad rent-free? I think he's the guy who replaced the injured fighter?

Now that's the opposite of an Alpha if there ever was one.
don't get me wrong - you can be a jock, but that doesn't make you an Alpha.

Once you prove yourself in the UFC, THEN only are you truly an alpha.

Anyone who wins a UFC fight is game imo. No one in the house is a UFC fighter, yet. Only 2 fighters are guaranteed a contract (That too a minimal contract).

they say "6 figure contract" but I remember reading some years ago that there are a lot of conditions to that. 6 figure contract means like you've got to win like all your fights on contract, like 4 or 5 to reach 6 figures... but then the UFC has the right to terminate your contract before that ever happens.

But yea, imo so far from the show- the alpha is Julianna. She's the number 1 pick, and she beat one of the top veterans of the sport. Not only beat, but submit.
I think Chris is the only one who's not salty about it, that's why he can handle Julianna. He's probably the alpha of the men's pack. I bet you in a few episodes the guys will be hating on him too.

@aries: Honestly, what's there to be hurt about? She's friends and training partners with her Coach- Miesha Tate... she just beat the woman penned to win it....
Realistically speaking, at the end of the day- All the talking seizes when 2 fighters enter cage. The fighting does the talking, and so far Julianna is the favorite to win.

Back