WBO orders Crawford vs Porter

Crawford incoming
giphy.gif

If this does happen, I assume they'll wait out the TR contract which I think expires in October. For as much shit as Crawford deservedly gets, he has the timing to be the first guy to finally catch Porter coming in wild and put him down as there is some decent mileage on that chin now. At the same time, Porter just seems to give everyone a tough time with his style. I'm not going to be overly optimistic, but it's a positive sign.

If this does happen, I assume they'll wait out the TR contract which I think expires in October. For as much shit as Crawford deservedly gets, he has the timing to be the first guy to finally catch Porter coming in wild and put him down as there is some decent mileage on that chin now. At the same time, Porter just seems to give everyone a tough time with his style. I'm not going to be overly optimistic, but it's a positive sign.

Crawford - Porter is indeed an interesting matchup. Also, if Bud somehow manages to beat Porter more convincingly than Errol did then the stock of a Spence-Crawford showdown would skyrocket.

Crawford - Porter is indeed an interesting matchup. Also, if Bud somehow manages to beat Porter more convincingly than Errol did then the stock of a Spence-Crawford showdown would skyrocket.

Definitely. I think there's all kinds of incentive there for Crawford to pursue the fight. Especially assuming this all happens post TR contract. It does speak volumes about the disconnect between the on paper achievements irrespective of opponent (lineal at 35 and 40 and a several times defending titlist at 47) compared with his overall quality of opposition that Porter would be his best opponent by a pretty considerable margin.

Definitely. I think there's all kinds of incentive there for Crawford to pursue the fight. Especially assuming this all happens post TR contract. It does speak volumes about the disconnect between the on paper achievements irrespective of opponent (lineal at 35 and 40 and a several times defending titlist at 47) compared with his overall quality of opposition that Porter would be his best opponent by a pretty considerable margin.

I for one have been giving Bud copious amounts of crap for how his career has been handled at 147 but I’d certainly give him props for beating Porter.

On a side note I’ve been convinced for a long time that Porter’s chin would fall off a cliff at some point. It’s not unreasonable to imagine it could happen against Bud.

I for one have been giving Bud copious amounts of crap for how his career has been handled at 147 but I’d certainly give him props for beating Porter.

On a side note I’ve been convinced for a long time that Porter’s chin would fall off a cliff at some point. It’s not unreasonable to imagine it could happen against Bud.

I specifically remember you mentioning this before the Spence fight and I was wholly on board with the idea. The guy might just have a cement head, though.

I specifically remember you mentioning this before the Spence fight and I was wholly on board with the idea. The guy might just have a cement head, though.

Indeed. I may be overly pessimistic but we’ve seen the guy in many a war, that’s for sure.

I will continue the Bud memes until the moment he steps in the ring with someone who actually has a chance of beating him. If he does and comes out victorious i'll give him the praise that he understandably deserves at that point, but until then he's just a young prospect trying to make his way in this cruel world of boxing.

If it does happen, expect Crawford to absolutely destroy him. Crawford is a superb backfoot fighter, he will run Porter into counters and eventually stop him when Porter is succumbs to waiting on the outside

If it does happen, expect Crawford to absolutely destroy him. Crawford is a superb backfoot fighter, he will run Porter into counters and eventually stop him when Porter is succumbs to waiting on the outside

I think Bud has a shot. As far as destroying Porter, we’ll see. It hasn’t happened all that often yet.

I think Bud has a shot. As far as destroying Porter, we’ll see. It hasn’t happened all that often yet.

I don't see anyone destroying Porter unless his chin has evaporated into nothingness and someone like Ennis lands a hammer blow. Dominating Porter for 12 rounds? I don't see it.

I don't see anyone destroying Porter unless his chin has evaporated into nothingness and someone like Ennis lands a hammer blow. Dominating Porter for 12 rounds? I don't see it.

Agreed. Giving easy fights isn’t what Porter does.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong but my read on it is a total stylistic layup for Crawford.

First time I'm looking forward to a Crawford fight in a long time. Actually very interested to see how this goes

If Crawford avoids this fight then there really is no hope for him. Let's see it happen Bud.

Back