Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz, Which is Funnier?

Both great but Hot Fuzz has so many little things/jokes about it that make it great...

Shaun of the Dead more quotable though

Shaun of the dead...but I love all of their movies....awesome duo

You sure about that?

paul_1.jpg

Btw, nothing beats 'The Plan' in Shaun of the Dead

Tough choice. I'm going to go the Winchester, have a pint, and wait for this to all blow over.

giphy.gif

This is why Shaun of the Dead is the better movie.

The World's End > both

I love the whole trilogy, but my favorite was the last one.

worlds-end-poster.jpg

Hot Fuzz was prolly funnier but Shaun of the Dead was a better movie because thee was a relly good dramatic moment with the step-dad. I hate Simon Pegg in anything out of these two movies though, lol.

Hot Fuzz was prolly funnier but Shaun of the Dead was a better movie because thee was a relly good dramatic moment with the step-dad. I hate Simon Pegg in anything out of these two movies though, lol.

*facepalm*

The step-dad bit was maybe the most funny part of the movie. Any "drama" in the movie was really just to set up the humor better through contrast, which is kind of what it was all about. I don't think that's the case with Hot Fuzz.. Hot Fuzz had hilarity, and contrast, but I think it intended for the seriousness to sit more on its own. Maybe not. Iiked them both, but think Shaun was slightly more funny, and a slightly more classic film in general.

To be honest, the only kind of horror I like now is horror comedy.. Shaun did that.

Hot Fuzz.

I like how it takes apart your typical buddy cop movie.

hot fuzz by way of having the hound in it.

The World's End > both

I love the whole trilogy, but my favorite was the last one.

I'm not sure World's End holds up as well as a movie as the other two but it has some classic lines. As a reprobate who has failed to completely move on from his 20's I feel a certain kinship with Gary King. Also the drunk acting is almost perfect as the pub crawl continues.

"You know your problem Gary? - you're never wrong"
"How is that a problem?"

Call me an asshole but I hated both of them. SotD had its moments though. Only good thing about Hot Fuzz was Timothy Dalton (GOAT Bond)

Back