Media Shaun leaves MMAfighting

Ariel leaving essentially killed the site. They haven't had a scoop since. THey're losing all their top reporters and writers except for Mindenhall and Luke Thomas... but Luke doesn't do columns.

Yikes. Unfortunate for them.

uIq0rpiP_400x400.jpg

I hope he goes to ESPN or somewhere big. Marc got snapped up by them.
He became a decent host after giving it a go.

Poor old douchey Lukey left on his own at MMAfighting.
The only good people left there are Chuck, Phoenix & that Boxing guy who trolls Luke.

Ariel touching vox media with the jab bit by bit until they tap to strikes.

Taking everything luke thomas worked for

That would be awesome if Ariel is taking all his guys from there leaving Luke with nothing but Danny.
I sensed some beef after the split & neither of them addressed it.

As much as he drives me nuts sometimes, I really think the mma beat is one of the best mma shows going right now. Luke/Chuck/Brian/Phoenix is a good combo

Agree with all of this. It's sad there's only 1 MMA panel show around that's why I'll still support it even if Luke hosts it.

I remember a time we had MMA Live, MMA Uncensored, Inside MMA all running at once.
MMAJunkie needs to upload their entire panels shows not just 2 min clips.

Last edited:
Not sure how Luke Thomas has a job. Qualifications for mma broadcasting must be low. Just call people donks and spew your bias. Collect check and complain.

I found Shaun to be okay.

He's too much of a goober for me.

Are there successful websites that cover a specific non-combat sport? For example, a website that covers only baseball that has its own reporters, columnists, etc. I don't know the answer because I don't watch watch wussy ball sports but I'm guessing not.

The reason I ask is because I think it's the norm for sports to be covered by the ESPNs, the back pages of newspapers, etc. The days of MMA news websites may be numbered.

Well you are a casual so who gives a fuck if you knew him lol
Agreed. Shaun is awesome. Cool story that you came in here to tell us all you didn't know him. We needed to know that

Nobody wants to work with/for Luke Thomas
This. Except Segura, Luke and his wife have adopted him I think. Props to Al-shatti if he quit because of that power hungry douche bag. The guy in the shirt quit cuz of Luke. I think just all of his friends left and Raimondi leaving ruined his podcast.

Edit: could have something to do with his Ronda bashing on his latest podcast.. who knows.

Last edited:
I watched his stream with Marc Raimondi from time to time. It always bugged me that he pronounced especially as "expecially". Fare thee well, I guess.

who the fuck? stop thse shit threads.

i'd be surprised if he didn't go to espn as well. i do feel bad for luke thomas in a way. he tried keeping that place afloat, but to no avail. i'm probably one of the few that enjoys listening to luke thomas. the mma beat is a great show. now will danny segura jump ship as well? that would probably devastate luke, since they seem to be the tightest.

He's the only one that can actually run the MMAHour and MMABeat unless they get outside talent. He just had a kid and he has a grueling schedule with making a trip up to NYC from DC every Monday. He's been really pushing his own Youtube channel with content lately and I think he is hinting their might be some kind of change coming. Really sounds like he wants to get out of the travel.

They are all trying to escape that ego maniac Thomas

luke thomas has implicitly stated that MMAfighting is going to be shut down months ago
tbh who cares? bunch of blogger amateurs who have never trained a day in their lives

btw, ariel singlehandedly killed MMAfighting and put a bunch of people out of business

Tbh, i watch more mmafighting content than i do ariels show. The A-side is pretty good especially (eckspecially?) with the guest cohost..plus the mma beat is always worth a watch. Been a while since i watched ariels show. Does look like mmafighting is on the way out though.

Ariel is awfully quiet now in his criticisms of the UFC now that he's a shill again for the second time. First FOX <> Ariel <> UFC now ESPN <> Ariel <> UFC.

I watched his stream with Marc Raimondi from time to time. It always bugged me that he pronounced especially as "expecially". Fare thee well, I guess.
Ariel was so awesome at live-covering the weigh-ins, where he was always all hushed and serious. Once he left, Marc and Shaun were terrible together. They spent 90% of the time giggling and totally undermined the legitimacy that Ariel had created.

I think Raimondi was actually a decent writer, but Shaun was absolutely the weak link at that site and really brought nothing to the table. Assuming he is headed to ESPN, I’m going to guess Ariel just put in a word for his friend, because there’s no way he earned it on his own.

They may not have the best on-air personalities, but in terms of written journalism, MMA Fighting still has the best guys in Chuck, Chiapetta and Cruz.

Back