Shaub: Nobody on this planet can beat Jones

he is scared TO FIGHT HEAVYWEIGHTS! hello!? some of you are just plain dumb, i have to say. have him fight anyone at heavyweight. i'll be waiting...
Again if he’s 95% confident he goes undefeated at lhw and 80% confident he does at hw, then staying at lhw doesn’t exactly mean he doesn’t think he’d win. It means for the brand of Jon Jones he thinks it’s better for to be sure he stays at 0 (so to speak).

Schaub is just parrotting Joe, who likes big black guys....for reasons.

No one can beat him.
jonesgus_original_crop_north.jpg

And yet... no one has beaten him. Seriously, if he actually had any losses, this thread would make sense.

Jones is very hittable, he lacks head movement and boxing defense, his overall boxing technicality is probably one of the biggest things he lacks. He has been able to get away with it largely due to his master of range, long limbs and typically having a size advantage. He has never really displayed big power in his hands, to be able to continually coast decision victories at HW is a tall order. I think he could beat a lot of heavyweights but saying nobody could beat Jones, is typical Braindead Slaub talk. His chin will not hold up forever, especially when he starts fighting more powerful, stronger and larger men.

Jones is slowing down, and starting to decline. I think we see him lose the belt this year.

"Jones could totally beat all the heavyweights if he wanted to, he's just never wanted the heavyweight belt because it doesn't do anything for his legacy. He takes down Francis with 1 arm & submits him with one leg."
"Jones would literally kill any HW with a look. The Jones Bones Stare. I've seen people in the gym get paralyzed like they just saw Medusa. With one glance. It's - it's just insane. Jones is just on a different level. If he even thinks about you, it weakens your immune system. I didn't realize it until I took Alpha Brain."

His lack of power is a serious flaw and he’s already been arguably beaten twice. Let’s not act like he’s beaten everyone like he beat chael.

The bee stung Nam Phan has spoke: Jones is very beatable.

I agree. In unarmed combat I'll take jones over anyone alive. Not to say he can't lose, but we've never seen anyone beat him in a fight, and he fights in probalby the most ill advised way imaginable trying to beat people at their own game. Can you imagine if Jones gave a shit and took everything seriously? He'd be terrifying.
bwahahahahaha. wait...looollls

He’s probably right. Whether you think he lost to santos or Gus doesn’t matter. He won on the scorecards. He would probably be the favorite against every heavyweight. Does that mean he couldn’t get caught and lose? No. But does he likely beat every one- Yes.

damn man jones had a nike shoe and a contract with bud light
then he drove drunk and ran from the cops
wtf do these sponsors want

Thats not a terribly controversial opinion, IMO.

And he still lost against Santos.

Check his record. He beat Santos, and he did it standing depite that fact that it's Santos' best tool and for half the fight Santos was a free takedown. You either have to accept that Jones chose to strike with a power stiker, or take the position that Jones can put DC on his back and take Gus down at will, but he can't put a double on a one legged Santos.

Jones himself admitted that he can't beat HW DC.
I can't stand Jones. Im a big DC fan. Yet we still have to be honest and what you said just simply is not. Jon simply said that fighting DC at heavyweight would increase DCs chance of winning, and therefore he will not do it. It doesn't mean he thinks he would lose and it certainly doesn't mean he thinks he can't win.

Just because Jon can beat anyone at HW doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. LHW is his legacy.

If GSP had gone back to WW and won the belt, then gave it up, like he did against Bisping, he would not be topping all of the GOAT polls that used to show Fedor until GSP beat Bisping.

If McGregor defended at FW once instead of going up and completely outclassing Alvarez, he wouldn't have had the Legacy he did.

Winning the heavyweight belt, which Jones would have an immediate title shot at, would do more for his Legacy than 2 defenses at LHW. Jones is smart enough to know that those are riskier (though still winnable) fights for him.

Back