Shattered dreams

man, that was a tough read.

your story reminded me a bit of what happened to tiger woods, as far as not playing well due to mental issues. golf is one of those sports where being mentally-strong is paramount. the story also reminded me of what happened to jean van de velde in the open championship of 99'. he shot a triple-bogey seven on the 18th to lose the tournament. it was pretty hard to watch.

This actually brings tears to my eyes:
My friend Ricky (RIP) was a superstar High School runningback and a lock for the NFL. He had a lot of colleges ready to give him a full scholarship if he did well on his SAT. He was his family's only hope. Sadly he got shot up by some gang members because they had beef with his brother. The same day he died, his mother received his SAT score in the mail showing he did well enough to go to any college he wanted. He left a son behind who must be in his 20s now.

One of the saddest things to me is seeing family owned restaurants close down. You know they poured their blood, sweat, tears, and often times, life savings into it....only to see the doors close.

That's nice but I guarantee you BJ would never tap to strikes at the hands of Matt Serra of all people.

If the fact that GSP had an otherwise near perfect career and finished off with a win rustles your jimmies and this is the only consolation you can conjure, then so be it.

If the fact that GSP had an otherwise near perfect career and finished off with a win rustles your jimmies and this is the only consolation you can conjure, then so be it.

I like GSP. I don't like Tonycpa.

Jamie had a chance, well she really did
Instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids
Mark still lives at home cause he's got no job
He just plays guitar and smokes a lot of pot

Jay committed suicide
Brandon OD'd and died
What the hell is going on
The cruelest dream, reality

Chances thrown
Nothing's free
Longing for what used to be
Still it's hard
Hard to see
Fragile lives, shattered dreams

Damn man, you should have told me this before the EA UFC tourny, I would have taken a dive!

JK, that fucking sucks. Hang in there.

Hahahaha man that really got me lol.

Seriously though I do play a shit load of ufc because it's the closest I can get to training. I still stuck though. I'm a solid brown belt but I get absolutely smoked at black. Black belts are able to pressure me and neutralize my in and out style of striking way more consistently than browns.

Rough thread. My dreams we're always pretty small in scope, got there a few years ago but then lost it all again. It's tough and shitty and it hurts like hell every day.

But I'm not giving up. Finally got medical insurance again after a crazy 2 year struggle. Just got back from the the doctors with my anti-depressants and looking forward to hopefully feeling like a human being again within the next month.

Hang in there everyone and don't give up.

@ Murlik I strongly urge you to go talk to your doctor about how you're feeling. I spent a lot of miserable years thinking I just needed to handle everything on my own. It never got better. They've made a lot of advances with medication or if you don't wan't to take a pill there's always counselling. Wish you the best.

Hahahaha man that really got me lol.

Seriously though I do play a shit load of ufc because it's the closest I can get to training. I still stuck though. I'm a solid brown belt but I get absolutely smoked at black. Black belts are able to pressure me and neutralize my in and out style of striking way more consistently than browns.

I usually win like 7 or 8 out of 10 at black, but get my ass kicked at red belt. Like you, I usually do not deal well with the in your face pressure strikers who just pick high stamina fighters and wing hooks to the body, very tough to beat if done right!

My friend Ricky (RIP) was a superstar High School runningback and a lock for the NFL. He had a lot of colleges ready to give him a full scholarship if he did well on his SAT. He was his family's only hope. Sadly he got shot up by some gang members because they had beef with his brother. The same day he died, his mother received his SAT score in the mail showing he did well enough to go to any college he wanted. He left a son behind who must be in his 20s now.

LOL, you cheeky little bastard.

boyz-n-the-hood-o.gif

boyz-n-the-hood-cuba-air-fighting-o.gif

I was going to do a Ph.D in history. When I was doing my masters, things were going well. I had it all worked out, I was going to look at madness in literature (specifically comic books) and see how much of an impact the comic book portrayal of madness had on media and public perception of mental illness in the late 1960's. Then drugs and booze happened a little too much.

Now I hate my life etc etc.

I thought the guy upset that he couldn't be an mma fighter makes bad choices. But yours is chock full. PhD or Masters in History?! What the heck for? Literature in comic books as a career decision... huh!? Then drugs and booze....

You need to find a friend and have them help you not make dumb decisions.
See problem solved :)

Dude you completely ripped off the story line front John Singletons Boys In the Hood.

I'm a golf tragic.

I play to relax ... Then rage cause I'm hopeless ... Got top of the line clubs ... Still hit off 16 :)

I feel your pain TS.

I thought the guy upset that he couldn't be an mma fighter makes bad choices. But yours is chock full. PhD or Masters in History?! What the heck for? Literature in comic books as a career decision... huh!? Then drugs and booze....

You need to find a friend and have them help you not make dumb decisions.
See problem solved :)

Bad choices?

I usually win like 7 or 8 out of 10 at black, but get my ass kicked at red belt. Like you, I usually do not deal well with the in your face pressure strikers who just pick high stamina fighters and wing hooks to the body, very tough to beat if done right!

No kidding man. I try to parry more but that ends up gassing me out and I'm left gassed and rocked and lose in short order.

Back