Shattered dreams

I used to be the singer, songwriter and guitarist for a band, we were doing pretty good, playing shows, traveling around but before we ever got to record anything I had a mental breakdown due to anxiety and I got very agoraphobic to the point that I couldn't leave my house for almost a year. During my whole breakdown the rest of the band changed their name and continued on without me, I've since recovered for the most part and I'm going to College now but I can't seem to play guitar or write worth a damn anymore.

Here's one...

Baby Jay got run out of the WW division not once but twice (first by GSP then Rory);
He got run out of the LW division (by Frankie); and
He got run out of the FW division (by Frankie)

Within 12 months of returning from ACL surgery, GSP defended his title as many times as Baby Jay did throughout his entire career.
Prior to UFC 94 Baby Jay asked "GSP, what legacy?" Now he knows.

Prior to UFC 94 Baby Jay asked "GSP, what legacy?"
Then he was defeated 4x by natural 145 pounders while Georges went on to triple Penn's title defenses and the number of title fights he won at LW

The fact is, Baby Jay only won 11 fights at LW, never won more than 3 fights in a row in the UFC, and lost in his own weight class 3 times to natural 145 pounders. That says a lot.

The last time Baby Jay tied his all-time best UFC win streak of 3 fights in a row was over 7 years ago! Baby Jay's entire career has been inconsistent. He has never strung together more than 3 wins in a row throughout his entire UFC career dating back to 2001.

Here

Trained for years. Built my life around it. Took my first fight. Hired a s & c coach and really went all out in camp. Injured my knee three weeks out. Spent almost 20 grand on mri's, physical therapists, personal trainers, medical massage, rolfing, chiropractors and etc.....none of it worked. In fact the left knee went bad too and then the chiropractor seriously jacked up my back.

Now 3 years later I've gone from being in the best shape of my life to 15 lbs overweight and barely able to walk. I use a cane at concerts and events that require extended periods of standing at 27 years old. Having lost the ability to participate in almost all forms of physical activity I have no hobbies or activities to derive happiness from. I wake up in the morning, go to work, play playstation, and wait for death to come. I consider killing myself but will at least wait until my parents are dead so as to not ruin their final years.

Shattered Dream*

Gosh people still can't even get it right.:rolleyes:

This is correct. I actually had an exchange with him arguing that he change his ShatteredDreams AV because his name was ShatteredDream, not dreams, and he actually changed it lol... I made friends with Equus here too because he wanted me to help gang up on SD in some thread he was derailing.... before equus became a mod though.

Lol was hoping this thread was about Shattered Dream. That guy was a legend.

Can't share. Too painful.

Some day though..... There HAS to be a black man who climbs atop the world of curling....Some day....

But that day will never be mine....

(Smh)
Lmao I'm so sorry but you're quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. I believe you, so I'm sorry. My dad became a bullrider but it ended quickly because of alcohol and marrying my mom. I've only ever had real success as a kid so I didn't make it far enough to he disappointed.

Trained for years. Built my life around it. Took my first fight. Hired a s & c coach and really went all out in camp. Injured my knee three weeks out. Spent almost 20 grand on mri's, physical therapists, personal trainers, medical massage, rolfing, chiropractors and etc.....none of it worked. In fact the left knee went bad too and then the chiropractor seriously jacked up my back.

Now 3 years later I've gone from being in the best shape of my life to 15 lbs overweight and barely able to walk. I use a cane at concerts and events that require extended periods of standing at 27 years old. Having lost the ability to participate in almost all forms of physical activity I have no hobbies or activities to derive happiness from. I wake up in the morning, go to work, play playstation, and wait for death to come. I consider killing myself but will at least wait until my parents are dead so as to not ruin their final years.

Jeez that's dark. I believe I've seen you discuss this before. MMA is fucking great, I understand. But your mind is still there. Anyone that passionate has something to offer mentally. Find your meaning with the same passion you had for fighting.

Sad to hear. I was in a similar boat. I'd just say don't be skeptical of meds, they worked for me.

This is correct. I actually had an exchange with him arguing that he change his ShatteredDreams AV because his name was ShatteredDream, not dreams, and he actually changed it lol... I made friends with Equus here too because he wanted me to help gang up on SD in some thread he was derailing.... before equus became a mod though.

Hahaha did he really change it? I thought that was intentionally part of his trolling. I always enjoyed when someone would completely pick apart one of his posts and he would simply correct them on his name haha.

Lol was hoping this thread was about Shattered Dream. That guy was a legend.

Lmao I'm so sorry but you're quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. I believe you, so I'm sorry. My dad became a bullrider but it ended quickly because of alcohol and marrying my mom. I've only ever had real success as a kid so I didn't make it far enough to he disappointed.

Jeez that's dark. I believe I've seen you discuss this before. MMA is fucking great, I understand. But your mind is still there. Anyone that passionate has something to offer mentally. Find your meaning with the same passion you had for fighting.

Thanks for being sympathetic. You are right. I still have my mind and there are plenty of folks worse off than me. I'm a pussy for being as depressed as I am but..I've always had a passion in life. Now without one I just feel utterly lost just doing my best to make it from one day to the next. I'm not sure what the point of it all is though. If life is a majority share un-enjoyable what is the point of keeping the flesh machine running? Not putting the burden of grieving my loss on my family is a good enough reason I suppose. I do feel like something has to change though. I can't do another 30 years without any meaningful or sustained happiness. Maybe my next thing is right around the corner.... I really hope so.

Cliffs
1st world human living above the poverty line whining about how terrible his life is.

Pain meds daily? What's that like?

I'm on an anti-depressant and anti-psychotic combo. Shit just keeps my mood stable and positive, far away from suicide anyway. It's good platform

most of you guys will love this

i went out with this fatty hoping she would lose the weight because she had fb pictures from 2-3 years back in which she was fkng gorgeous and skinny but kept the boobs. 8-8.5/10, absolutely worth keeping around.

sadly she didn't lose the weight, made no effort to my knowledge to lose the weight, got it into her head that i'd accept it or that she was somehow my equal or that she had 'gotten' me already.

well she was fucking wrong.

if that made me shallow then i was and am god damn shallow.

i wish she had made the effort sometimes. But it got to the point where I was embarassed to be seen with her, merely being in her presence made me angry at myself.

Hahaha did he really change it? I thought that was intentionally part of his trolling. I always enjoyed when someone would completely pick apart one of his posts and he would simply correct them on his name haha.

Yeah he changed it. I called him out for changing it too but he ignored me lol.

Fuck shattered dreams. I'm still going for mine. I ain't giving up til I'm dead.

Fuck shattered dreams. I'm still going for mine. I ain't giving up til I'm dead.

I was like you once. Don't worry it will pass. But no seriously best of luck, hopefully you make it farther than me.

I was like you once. Don't worry it will pass. But no seriously best of luck, hopefully you make it farther than me.

Hey man, if shit just absolutely fails or isn't gonna happen, find a new dream. I don't bank my life on one dream. Perhaps I go for one at a time, but I always have others. Some I didn't even know I had will show themselves at times where I never expected it.

Just keep digging. I do.

Back