Share your weight-loss tips and tricks

I'm not into counting calories and it's impossible if you have to eat out a lot and eat diverse meals cause of circumstances

Plus I don't enjoy it at all

One thing that helped me the last days is realizing why, why I wanna lose weight.

And why I don't like being at this weight anymore.
Counting calories isn't that difficult. A lot of people do it while eating out because they don't have time to meal prep. That is no issue. You don't have to be super accurate with in terms of the calories/macros but you have to be honest with your intake and round up if you aren't sure. Part of lifestyle changes is also learning to make the right choices. Start slow first and decide if you want to take it a step further to count macros or fasting.

You will start to notice how much you overeat or under eat relative to your total daily energy expenditure. It's not cutting everything out and restricting. It's more of enjoying your life in moderation. Just log in 5 days of regular eating and see how much you really consume.

Good responses already. But to summarize for somebody thats just starting out trying to focus on losing weight, portion control and cardio will get you the results your looking for.

If you can stay disciplined for 2-3 months, its starts to become second nature.

Alcohol is one of the bigger busters unfortunately, not just because of the high calorie intake, but because of the foods we take in the next day trying to sober up. You can help this by making sure you have a good 45-90 minute session before a night of drinking and sober up by activity instead.

Edit* Oh, and water water water

I haven't drunk at all anymore the last several years

Counting calories isn't that difficult. A lot of people do it while eating out because they don't have time to meal prep. That is no issue. You don't have to be super accurate with in terms of the calories/macros but you have to be honest with your intake and round up if you aren't sure. Part of lifestyle changes is also learning to make the right choices. Start slow first and decide if you want to take it a step further to count macros or fasting.

You will start to notice how much you overeat or under eat relative to your total daily energy expenditure. It's not cutting everything out and restricting. It's more of enjoying your life in moderation. Just log in 5 days of regular eating and see how much you really consume.

I def consume too much or wouldn't be 258 at 6 foot.

I do have that thing where I feel I need more protein or fruits vegetables or energy before a workout and overeat out of psychological reasons.

At the moment I'm just dropping the junk food and doing more workouts.

My weakness never was pizza and burgers but sweet stuff.

Though did eat a pide yesterday with sudzuk and it felt so greasy, big and salty.

Counting calories definitely works if you are going to do it, which I'm not. But we'll see, can't stay at 258.

a37e46dd-c4c5-4edb-a8e0-c1f125436e65.3b5bd1a36be388ac5d52337decd8fc15.jpeg

A heaping tablespoon in a glass of water once or twice a day. The psyllium fiber helps curve your appetite plus you get perfect two wipe solid floating turds everyday. You can get a good solid flush of your guts everyday if you use this regularly.

Diet wise: Meat, fish, eggs, 0% fat Greek yogurt, vegetables. Carbs if you need them, just portion control these like a communist. You want a flexible diet or you'll never stick to it. Normal people don't need to mimic an athlete's extreme approach.

Two sample days from last week, one weekend day, and a working day with less time:

If you're time poor like me during the week, I suggest baking several plain chicken breasts on a sheet pan, a batch of steak strips, doing a batch of boiled eggs, doing one large tray or pan of mixed veggies. Then all the basics are there for the week, and you can flavour them as you go to stop boredom setting in.

Other than that? A little bit of exercise daily no matter what it is. If you have a specific goal in mind, pay for a trainer to set you up.

Get an Instapot. It's great for chicken breasts if you eat a lot of them. It takes like 11 minutes (once the pot is up to pressure) to cook them from frozen. Just season them before hand and toss them in along with a cup of chicken broth. You can either shred them up or put some BBQ or Buffalo sauce over them and they're perfect. They're super moist and tender this way.

Last edited:

It’s also pretty easy in 2022 to track in from restaurants. Almost all chains have a nutritional information section on their website and most popular meals are already programmed into calorie tracking apps. I have multiple meals from Moe’s, Chipotle, Longhorns even Waffle House programmed into MyFitnessPal for on the go eating. Counting macros and calories doesn’t mean you can’t eat out. I have Chipotle damn near every other day.

I'm not into counting calories and it's impossible if you have to eat out a lot and eat diverse meals cause of circumstances

Plus I don't enjoy it at all

One thing that helped me the last days is realizing why, why I wanna lose weight.

And why I don't like being at this weight anymore.

Counting calories is easier than it's ever been in the history of the planet. Just google what you ate with the word calories after it.

Counting calories is easier than it's ever been in the history of the planet. Just google what you ate with the word calories after it.

The find the right portion size, the right meal - gotta type in the ingredients and estimate how much. Then gotta add up all meals. If you graze or eat over 2 hours then it sucks. Like oh I ate 3 handful of these berries let me type in. I had a sip of milk let me type in.

I never ever saw anyone give in calories in the real world.

The find the right portion size, the right meal - gotta type in the ingredients and estimate how much. Then gotta add up all meals. If you graze or eat over 2 hours then it sucks. Like oh I ate 3 handful of these berries let me type in. I had a sip of milk let me type in.

You don't gotta be super accurate. Most of this stuff is located in the app already. The app also stores stuff where once you estimate. You can go back to it to quick log it. You don't really account for a sip because it would be annoying. I get what you are saying about the real world stuff and that is what I mean by estimating. For example something like pide with sausage. You just google if it's not in the app and check the average calories. It ranges from 700-1000 calories for the whole thing. If you aren't sure and think it is really bad then put in 1200-1500 to be safe.
The 3 handful of blueberries can be the same amount of calories as 1 can of coke. I am the same way with peanuts. I used to have two bags of 50 cent peanuts while doing things. Those peanuts are 700 calories. I was just eating a meal on top of waiting to eat lunch/dinner.

Last edited:
TS.......dude, the posters in this thread have literally given you the keys to the castle but you insist on trying to break through the cellar door with a frozen cat turd.

In the two weeks the thread has been active you probably could have lost 6-8lbs by following the advice offered.

Well an ounce of blueberries is 16 calories, which is about 20 blueberries so you can estimate 3 handfuls to around 45 calories. A half cup of skim milk is 40 calories so a couple of healthy sips is probably around 20 calories, so you just consumed roughly 65 calories. I don't see what is so hard about this.

Last edited:
TS.......dude, the posters in this thread have literally given you the keys to the castle but you insist on trying to break through the cellar door with a frozen cat turd.

In the two weeks the thread has been active you probably could have lost 6-8lbs by following the advice offered.

I just don't like counting cals ;)

However my blood work is good, no cholesterol issues or blood pressure

I also don't look "fat" , I got some belly and gluteus fat. More the strong broad look with some fat.

Like above:

Track calorie intake and exercise via app like Noom (*other apps are available!)

Personally I'm on a low carb diet and replacing rice/bread/potatoes with broccoli and veg.

I snack on blueberries, strawberries, and othe fruit.

I avoidcatch up eating ( like when I havebt eaten all day at work) this avoiding one meal which fucks up the whole day because the take out meal is 3000 calories or whatever.

I stopped drinking coke ( replaced with ice water or carbonates water).
I don't eat just before I go to bed.

I try and spend 3 x gym sessions a week on the rowing machine/treadmill and bike.

I will admit I just started this 2 weeks ago and it's working a treat for me. Discipline is where the challenge will be for me, especially given the stress of work etc. But I'm determined lol

I just don't like counting cals ;)

However my blood work is good, no cholesterol issues or blood pressure

I also don't look "fat" , I got some belly and gluteus fat. More the strong broad look with some fat.
Just keep up the discipline and make it a lifestyle change. You aren't forced to count. It's just a tool to track progress.

At least you aren't on the other spectrum where you decide to eat 1000 calories a day out of nowhere. I legit cringe when I see people who cheer that behavior on. It's like that show biggest loser where really fat people go on crash diets to lose weight. They gain a lot of it back because it's not sustainable in the long run. The ones that do make it avoid the fact that they got lap band surgery to increase weight loss.

Like above:

Track calorie intake and exercise via app like Noom (*other apps are available!)

Personally I'm on a low carb diet and replacing rice/bread/potatoes with broccoli and veg.

I snack on blueberries, strawberries, and othe fruit.

I avoidcatch up eating ( like when I havebt eaten all day at work) this avoiding one meal which fucks up the whole day because the take out meal is 3000 calories or whatever.

I stopped drinking coke ( replaced with ice water or carbonates water).
I don't eat just before I go to bed.

I try and spend 3 x gym sessions a week on the rowing machine/treadmill and bike.

I will admit I just started this 2 weeks ago and it's working a treat for me. Discipline is where the challenge will be for me, especially given the stress of work etc. But I'm determined lol

Yeah stress of work kills us all, time consuming and energy. Try to get good sleep and rest. But 3 workouts a week are worth it

This is what worked for me:

A walk in the morning and/or evening. Train weights or calisthenics 3-6 times a week. Have a big fruit/vegetable smoothie in the morning (roughly a liter), and a huge meal at dinner time. Don’t snack. The excess weight pretty much fell off. I didn’t count calories or particularly watch my diet, but I angled for nutritious food.

I am currently a good 40lb heavier than I want to be
I go up and down in weight like a fucking yo-yo, but now this stops

I look at previous photos often when I was in shape and that motivates me to make better food choices and track my calories more
I don't agree with the going hungry method, but neither should you ever be really full other than having a cheat meal or whatever. Starving yourself will result in muscle loss and a slower metabolism, at least in my experience. I don't go ridiculously low in carbs either, unless my weight stalls, I may cycle them. Fats are also key, you need fats for optimal hormone levels. Even some saturated fat isn't too bad if you are active and eating clean.

Sugar is also important, as too much will make you store more fat.
90% plus of your food should be good. If you can't kill it/grow it? Don't eat it

Honestly, you don't even have to be fully strict, as long as you have the discipline not to overeat and quite active
When cutting I also up my water from 3litres per day, to around 5 litres, or at the very least 4litres. I find drinking water before/during/after meals helps me feel more full

Keep it simple and have a game plan when junk food cravings come up. There's like 9 billion articles on ways to overcome that so I won't put that here and figure out what you can do for self discipline if you plan on working out too because only relying on motivation is a guaranteed way to fail.

There are lots of supplements. The main ones being:

1. ECA stack (caffeine, ephedrine HCl, baby aspirin) I drink a cup of coffee with two ephedrine HCl pills.
2. CLA pills
3. Liquids L Carnitine

Then there's cardio. Lots of cardio. My go to is the treadmill.

As for what foods to eat. Consult Canada's food guide.

There are lots of supplements. The main ones being:

1. ECA stack (caffeine, ephedrine HCl, baby aspirin) I drink a cup of coffee with two ephedrine HCl pills.
2. CLA pills
3. Liquids L Carnitine

Then there's cardio. Lots of cardio. My go to is the treadmill.

As for what foods to eat. Consult Canada's food guide.
Very nice!

Would ditch the CLA though. Having taken it with my stack religiously years ago plain and simple it sucks. When you have peer reviewed articles wondering about the effectiveness of CLA in 2022 that tells you all you need to know about it. But if you don’t mind spending go for it.

Back