Share Your Realistic FU Money Amount

10 million, that would allow me to live without concern for a long time, a couple millions would probably only last 10 years max if it as just sitting in a bank account

Maybe I should go to back to IT then.

The thing it, IT excellence is much more than just being excellent at computers. Something the US doesn’t seem to understand. I do, and that gives me a huge advantage over people who are ostensibly more qualified (or, at least, certified) than me.

The thing it, IT excellence is much more than just being excellent at computers. Something the US doesn’t seem to understand. I do, and that gives me a huge advantage over people who are ostensibly more qualified (or, at least, certified) than me.
okay

FU money for me at my age of 41 would be about 10 million

I could live a very comfortable life, not to extreme levels of opulence, but able to take care of my family, travel and do nearly whatever the fuck i want and not have to worry about money again.

Won’t be long before my mortgage is fully paid off, at which point I’ll be sitting on cash, investments and assets of about £1M. Will have to keep working, of course, because my family needs stuff, but once the kids have moved out, I should be ready to say goodbye to working.

To be honest, given how little actual work I do in a week, I’m grotesquely overpaid, but that’s hardly my fault.

I bet that doesnt stop you from giving good reasons why you deserve a raise each and every time though :D

FU to what? Not every working again in my life? Is so, then $10 million will do the trick to not give AF.

I am getting older and want to take less risk.

C and S got smashed at the years end. And we all know the market is going to tank soon. Most of my investments are in the brokerage accounts. Obviously high risk. The TSP I don't need a lot of growth - I need more stability.

14v2wkx.jpg

While the 3 and 5 year returns are amazing the 1 year was fucking horrendous. When you look at it I really only have like 5% of my portfolios and assets in the G fund. It amounts to very little.

Edit: Also, the TSP funds are not as well managed as I would like. Their portfolios don't inspire me with confidence anymore. My own picks seem to have done much better.
Oh no worries, i also didn't know your age so was just assuming

I have to brief TSP to the Communications and Electronics School Marines, and let's just say you clearly paid more attention than most haha

Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I spent about 700 dollars per month but about 300 comes from rent. Im a pretty frugal person tho.

250k and I would never work again. Im far from that number tho.

I gotta move to Argentina.

Probably around 5mil. I'm pretty frugal.

Can you expand on that?

I bet that doesnt stop you from giving good reasons why you deserve a raise each and every time though :D

I’m not even good at that, if I’m honest. I’m very much a traditional Englishman, and I’m not very good at boasting or talking myself up.

Three million dollars.

Pay off all my student loans, my mortgage and finish remodeling my home.

Buy a super nice RV and live completely on the road for a year.

Give both of my kids $500k.

Increase my strategic stockpile of precious metals and numismatics.

Invest the rest.

Can you expand on that?

IT service management is far more than just knowing how to do stuff with tech. It’s about how to properly plan and execute projects, process design and implementation, clear and proper communications and adherence to ITIL’s framework.

Since I the place I essentially had my “apprenticeship”, for want of a better term, nowhere I’ve worked has had the vaguest idea how to do any of it properly, and it’s excruciating to watch. I’d be here all day talking about what’s missing, what people don’t seem to understand, and how badly the point gets missed.

With the lifecycle of a C level IT exec being about 3 years, nothing ever really gets implemented - just an endless cycle of talking and bad planning.

Here’s an example - monitoring. The business will agree that monitoring infrastructure and applications is a good idea, they’ll blow loads of money on a monitoring platform, spend months and years implementing it - but without any thought how incidents will be managed or what to do with the alerts. They end up generating hundreds of thousands of email notifications, which benefits no one.

IT service management is far more than just knowing how to do stuff with tech. It’s about how to properly plan and execute projects, process design and implementation, clear and proper communications and adherence to ITIL’s framework.

Since I the place I essentially had my “apprenticeship”, for want of a better term, nowhere I’ve worked has had the vaguest idea how to do any of it properly, and it’s excruciating to watch. I’d be here all day talking about what’s missing, what people don’t seem to understand, and how badly the point gets missed.

With the lifecycle of a C level IT exec being about 3 years, nothing ever really gets implemented - just an endless cycle of talking and bad planning.

Yes thats all pretty common place from my experience. I've see this issue in many markets...US, UK, IT, DE...etc. Plenty of legacy processes and horrible planning.

Yes thats all pretty common place from my experience. I've see this issue in many markets...US, UK, IT, DE...etc. Plenty of legacy processes and horrible planning.

“Legacy”. Now there’s a term I’ve come to associate with world class fuckupery.

Back